Theft

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2014 10:00 pm
My husband is very angry and wanting to go court for $10.
He gave my daughter's boyfriend $10 to purchase guitar strings.
Guitar strings were purchased and brought to our residence and given to me
My husband is furious saying that strings should have been given to him
Personally. He is threatening to take him to court. Go talk to his supervisor and get him fired...call the police...etc. I say my husband is wrong..no different than a package being delivred.. legal standing?

roger

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2014 10:12 pm
@PChapman,
Are you serious?
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2014 10:15 pm
Where do you get that this is "theft"?

He delivered the item. It wasn't his fault your husband wasn't home. They got delivered to the only known address for your husband.

What is his problem? Did YOU give the delivered strings to him?
0 Replies

cherrie

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2014 11:02 pm
@PChapman,
That is just ridiculous.

It sounds to me like your husband is angry over something else, perhaps to do with the boyfriend.

How does he feel about him usually? Could this just be a way of getting rid of him?
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2014 07:06 am
@PChapman,
Your husband has some pretty massive anger issues if he wants to go to court over this nonsense.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2014 10:08 am
@PChapman,
Is your husband out of the asylum on a weekend pass?

The point of his lesson on morality and ethics has been blunted by his extreme over-reaction. No legitimate court would hear such a frivolous suit.
contrex

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2014 12:04 pm
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:
Is your husband out of the asylum on a weekend pass?

This. The strings were purchased as requested, and delivered to his house, to a close family member. The boyfriend had every reason to expect that the daughter would pass the strings on to her father or if they were for her own guitar, that she would keep them and tell her father that they were received. The boyfriend acted in good faith and in fact performed a useful service, in respect of which the father is being rudely ungrateful. If the father was out and the daughter was home, why should the boyfriend wait around longer than he needed just to give Dad $10 worth of guitar strings? For whose guitar were the strings intended? If the guitar belongs to the daughter and the strings were to be put on it, then the boyfriend did everything right. Dad sounds like a nut case. Wait- is this one of those weird "traditional" societies where someone's father has to be deferred to and who rules his house and his female relatives? Maybe to boyfriend is more modern and this is why the father is mad at him?

mark noble

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2014 12:12 pm
@contrex,
I disagree - An item was ordered, paid for and NOT DELIVERED to the purchaser - He has every right to take him to court, and blacken his eye. If you ask me!
0 Replies

MattWSpanjer

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 08:06 am
@PChapman,
Wow. Hey I'll cover the ten buckaroos if it solves your problem! Good luck!

Btw court takes up valuable time of the judge, also in civil cases such as this you'd probably need a lawyer at cost and so on, so forth. Sorry to say but people like suing for millions and billions far more. Smile Hope this helped!
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 08:36 am
@PChapman,
By all means, y0ur husband should call the police and report this. It could well end up in court when the police take your husband away for being a danger to himself.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2014 10:34 am
I think this is all bollox.

That's all.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2014 10:53 pm
@Lordyaswas,
I think someone is working on their English proficiency, which is OK by me.
0 Replies

modification01

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2014 01:05 am
Your husband is wrong in this case. And the other guy can easily hand him at the court.
0 Replies