Help!! I did somethng stupid.

Swimpy

Reply Sat 29 May, 2004 11:16 am
I left the sun roof open on my car and it rained last night. The seats are cloth and soaked through. I used the shop vac to get as much water out as I could, but they are still pretty darn wet. I'm leaving the doors open to help speed the drying process. What else can I do? Any suggestions on how to prevent mold and odors from developing?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,324 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 29 May, 2004 12:22 pm
Use turkish towels to soak up as much moisture as possible from the car upholstery. The more water you blot out of the fabric, the less water has to evaporate slowly.

Close the doors, open the windows and park in full sunlight to create your own personal solar oven.

Good luck.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sat 29 May, 2004 12:26 pm
Yes, just leave all the windows open until it's completely dried out, and it should be fine.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Sat 29 May, 2004 12:50 pm
Did that. The sun did finally come out and it's drying faster than I expected. You think it's not going to smell when it dries?
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sat 29 May, 2004 12:52 pm
Nah, if you let it dry completely it should be all set...at least that's what I think.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Sat 29 May, 2004 12:55 pm
Noddy, If I knew what a Turkish towel was, I'd use one.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 29 May, 2004 01:11 pm
A Turkish towel is a terrycloth bath towel. The fabric was named when Turkey was part of the opulent, exotic orient.

Remember, temperatures in a hot car can kill children and pets. These temperatures are also fatal for microbes. You're going to dry up the water before the smell-producing critters can increase and multiply.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 29 May, 2004 02:03 pm
Woah, good thing these folk got here first, I was going to tell you to throw out the car.

Boy that was close!
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Sat 29 May, 2004 02:12 pm
I was a bit panicked. I guess it showed, huh? This car is my baby. Thanks for your help, everybody. The seats are drying nicely in the sun. So far not musty smells.
0 Replies