Is it ISIS or Isil?

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2014 03:14 pm
Both Isil and Isis are buzzwords by the CIA as new scare tactics, to get our attention. prove their worth, keep their reputations, but they are lies and they should be held accountable for all needless deaths.

Never, never believe those who have a stake in the outcome,

“What we think, or what we know, or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence. The only consequence is WHAT WE DO.” John Ruskin (1819 - 1900).............. "Question everything." TV Science channel
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,179 • Replies: 5
No top replies

contrex

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2014 03:49 pm
I read an article in The Guardian today about British companies with Isis in the name, such as a picture framing company, the Ann Summers chain of lingerie and sex toy shops (they have a line of sexy panties called Isis), a hairdressers salon, a clothes boutique, a number of pubs, etc. All the owners are thinking of changing their names or are worried about their brand getting tarnished. One Isis pub owner is hoping the media will fix on Isil or Islamic State. With all the coverage at the moment any business with Isis in the name is getting pushed way down the Google rankings compared to where they used to be a few weeks ago.
http://i1.adis.ws/i/annsummers/01SRWAAS1024030_Z.jpg?$lister$
Ann Summers "Isis" range waspie

Lustig Andrei

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2014 05:06 pm
@contrex,
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/ec/Isis.svg/200px-Isis.svg.pngAlas, poor Isis

Isis was worshipped as the ideal mother and wife as well as the patroness of nature and magic. She was the friend of slaves, sinners, artisans and the downtrodden, but she also listened to the prayers of the wealthy, maidens, aristocrats and rulers. Isis is often depicted as the mother of Horus, the falcon-headed deity associated with king and kingship (although in some traditions Horus's mother was Hathor). Isis is also known as protector of the dead and goddess of children.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2014 10:17 pm
Personally, I prefer "fuckwits".
Lustig Andrei

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2014 10:28 pm
@Wilso,
Yeah, that works for me.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2014 11:27 am
@Rickoshay75,
Twenty dollars says someone within a year will name a child Isil. Takers? Or twins: Isis and Isil.
0 Replies