Grew Taller Than Boyfriend

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2014 11:03 pm

Hi my name is Kelly i'm 17 almost 18. I've been going out with kyle since I was 14 and he was 15. When we stated going out I was 5'2" and he was 5'7". He was alot taller his nickname for me was shortie. When i turned 15 I was 5'4 and Kyle was still 5'7" than next year i grew to almost to 5'6" than i stopped growing . We were eye to eye but at least Kyle was a litte taller. Kyle joined the army I have not seen him since kast december. He is coming home for thanksgiving I can't wait
The problem I have is that i've grown to 5'9" I haven't told Kyle I've gotten taller. Not sure how to tell him that his shortie is now taller than him. I don't know:what to do if i should tell him or surprise him. My sisters know and they think its funny. I worried that the fact i'm taller than Kyle Now will be the main topic of thanksgiving dinner. Not sure how to handle situation. . The first kiss will be ackward I'vce never kissed a guy that was shorter than me. I will be so happy to see him I won't mind bending down to kiss him. I think he will be ok with me being taller. The main thing i worry about is our freinds and family teasing us. Thanks Kelly

roger

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2014 11:50 pm
@kellyjar,
Probably won't be the problem you expect. Maybe he won't even notice. Maybe he's grown a little in the past 10 months. Try not to worry about it, but don't wear 4" heals the day he comes back.
BillRM

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2014 03:39 am
@roger,
Quote:
Try not to worry about it, but don't wear 4" heals the day he comes back.

LOL and she should consider buying him some elevator shoes.

In any case, in the large scheme of things this seems very minor to effect a relationship over.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2014 04:01 am
This might help.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-29464446
Krumple

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2014 04:44 am
@kellyjar,
kellyjar wrote:

Hi my name is Kelly i'm 17 almost 18. I've been going out with kyle since I was 14 and he was 15. When we stated going out I was 5'2" and he was 5'7". He was alot taller his nickname for me was shortie. When i turned 15 I was 5'4 and Kyle was still 5'7" than next year i grew to almost to 5'6" than i stopped growing . We were eye to eye but at least Kyle was a litte taller. Kyle joined the army I have not seen him since kast december. He is coming home for thanksgiving I can't wait
The problem I have is that i've grown to 5'9" I haven't told Kyle I've gotten taller. Not sure how to tell him that his shortie is now taller than him. I don't know:what to do if i should tell him or surprise him. My sisters know and they think its funny. I worried that the fact i'm taller than Kyle Now will be the main topic of thanksgiving dinner. Not sure how to handle situation. . The first kiss will be ackward I'vce never kissed a guy that was shorter than me. I will be so happy to see him I won't mind bending down to kiss him. I think he will be ok with me being taller. The main thing i worry about is our freinds and family teasing us. Thanks Kelly

This is hilarious.. I hope it's true.. When you see him the first thing you should say to him is, "Hey shorty.." Then smile..
ossobuco

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2014 07:40 pm
@izzythepush,
I await reading that, but want to post on the subject first.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2014 07:41 pm
@Krumple,
Great answer.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2014 07:55 pm
I was 5' 5 1/2". My first lover was 5' 3". I remember him as wonderful, re introducing me to (wonderful) sex and much else, writing poetry, looking at art, enjoying music, looking at politics, looking at nature. He was a mountain climber, and when I knew him, top of the big class in chemistry, but later an english professor and nature explorer. He, plus some instructors in those years, taught me about thinking. Not what to think, but about the process. He married the woman after me, and I'll agree she was a better fit, long story.

We emailed at some point many years later. He's still great and they're still together, far as I know.

In summary, the whole height thing is, if not complete hogwash, as people do have their attractions, edging close to stupid.
0 Replies

carloslebaron

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2014 08:16 am
I had neighbors who got married in their teens. Both were short, 5'2".

She got pregnant and had the first child who was a girl. After delivery, she started to grow up fast up to 5'8" in two years. She has another child, another girl. Then she grew up one more inch.

The difference between her and the husband was not an impediment to keep loving each other. They had another girl when 6 years of marriage, and a boy after 11 years since wedding.

It was him who found another love, and him whom left his house to live with another woman 5'7" tall.

About the children, the first girl became 5'6" tall, the second girl barely 5', the third girl grew up like the mother 5'9" and the boy also reached 5' perhaps 5'1".

The measurements are based by comparing my family members with them when visiting or hanging around.

Nobody, as far as I remember, noticed or paid much attention to the 7" difference between the husband and wife. It became normal or usual seeing them together.

0 Replies

santpriya

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2017 03:45 am
@kellyjar,
i was always a short girl .in my 1st grade there was a tall ,studious boy who always disturbed me and threw my stationary.in 6th grade he finally stopped disturbing me and was at his tall height 5 foot while i was 4"3" till 8 he didnt grew much only 5 "2-3" and had beard while i was 4"7".but we seperated in 9 he was studious science student while i was involved in games in other section.i grew well till 17 in 11th grade around 5"6". one day i was standing outside with my female freind and i saw someone at my nose height it was my ten year old enemy.i thought boys grow later than girls,but its opposite has happened even my freind 5"4" was taller than him.i was proudly standing though he was topper of class.my one hand was enough painful for him.are there any other girl like me who grew significantly tall after 13-14 and grew taller than such boys
0 Replies