Unsatisfied with Height

Wed 12 Apr, 2017 04:44 pm
I was measured as 6'1 & 1/2 today, and I'm very unsatisfied with this measurement because I was measured (perhaps falsely) as 6'3 a few months ago. I've told my friends, who usually think that I'm 6'4 or 6'5 that I was 6'3, especially considering the people that I know are 6'1 are considerably shorter; I don't understand this much. I'll be 17 in less than a week and I desire to become 6'3 soon or at least before my growth plates close. I usually receive approximately 7 hours of sleep a day. My uncle is 6'3.

jespah

Wed 12 Apr, 2017 04:59 pm
@CommanderSalamander,
Then tell your parents to have different genes.

Height's genetic.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Wed 12 Apr, 2017 05:05 pm
@CommanderSalamander,
You are the height you are. In your case, you aren't short... at least not on planet Earth, might be different on a planet in another galaxy.

I'm shorter than my father was and shorter than most relatives. I had an uncle who was 6'7" and another who was 6'8". A cousin who was 6'1 at the tender age of 12. I ended up at 5'5" and it's fine by me. Same height as my grandfather on my mother's side, and interestingly shorter than my grandmother on my mother's side.
0 Replies

CommanderSalamander

Wed 12 Apr, 2017 05:11 pm
I understand both of your points, but I'm not just some random person who wants to be taller; we all want to be taller, and that's pointless to have a discussion about. It's more that I've told other people something that I suppose is a lie and I'm somewhat insecure about it. Also, supplements, routines, and/or suggestions in general to improve my height would be appreciated. Thanks for the quick replies.
jespah

Wed 12 Apr, 2017 05:16 pm
@CommanderSalamander,
There are no routines, etc. You inherited your height. Period.

Lie? What lie? You made an error or you were measured wrong. Big freakin' deal.

PS Lots of people aren't hung up on height. I don't want to be taller. Please stop deciding what everyone wants to be.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Wed 12 Apr, 2017 05:18 pm
@CommanderSalamander,
You told people your height based on what you had been told, that's not a lie. Explain it to them the same as you did here.

As far as supplements, routines and the such, that won't change a thing, especially at this late stage. Unless...

...do you have a stretching rack in the dungeon?

As Jespah said, genetics. Your DNA determined your height not the height fairy (a distant relative of the tooth fairy). If you are in good health, then slap a smile on your face and go out and live, live Live.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Wed 12 Apr, 2017 05:19 pm
@CommanderSalamander,
CommanderSalamander wrote:
we all want to be taller

nope

that is not true
0 Replies

ehBeth

Wed 12 Apr, 2017 05:20 pm
@CommanderSalamander,
CommanderSalamander wrote:
Also, supplements, routines, and/or suggestions in general to improve my height would be appreciated.

stay healthy
eat good nutritious meals - not supplements
you will be the height genetics means you to be

0 Replies

CommanderSalamander

Wed 12 Apr, 2017 05:21 pm
Mkay
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Wed 12 Apr, 2017 05:22 pm
@CommanderSalamander,
No, we do not all want to be taller. You have goofed yourself up. Who told you that ****?

0 Replies

CommanderSalamander

Wed 12 Apr, 2017 05:27 pm
Might as well become a stoic and stop giving a **** about what I can't control. Why didn't I think of this before?
PUNKEY

Wed 12 Apr, 2017 05:39 pm
@CommanderSalamander,
You could have another growth spurt. Find a boot camp gym experience and partake in that.

The couple next door were short her 5"1" and him 5"67" and their daughters were over 6 ft talk. Seems his sister was 6"2".
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Wed 12 Apr, 2017 05:40 pm
Well, he pulled us in.
PUNKEY

Wed 12 Apr, 2017 05:46 pm
@ossobucotemp,
He's 16!!
ossobucotemp

Wed 12 Apr, 2017 06:01 pm
@PUNKEY,
Oh, well, so it's fatal.
0 Replies

tibbleinparadise

Wed 12 Apr, 2017 07:36 pm
@CommanderSalamander,
So dramatic! My sixteen year old daughter, even with all her boy drama, would probably find this to be really silly.

As someone that is 6', I do not wish I was taller, maybe about two inches shorter. It really sucks that I don't fit comfortably in go-karts and sports cars.
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Wed 12 Apr, 2017 07:48 pm
6.1 n happy. The perfect height to be in, no midget nor giant.
0 Replies

Linkat

Thu 13 Apr, 2017 08:27 am
Aside from this:

http://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.8Znce6kdlOmxAP_DmBPFAAEsDh&pid=15.1

Or maybe trying one of these:
http://tse2.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.MpvZTK6pZKVboxyHVghk4wEsCH&pid=15.1

Not sure if anything else would add a couple of inches.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Fri 14 Apr, 2017 07:29 am
@CommanderSalamander,
Smearing pig excrement over your testicles and leaving it there for a month is scientifically proven to add 1-4 inches to anyone's height as well as doing wonders for your love life.
0 Replies