Flickering Lights

JFLY55

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2014 07:12 pm
My six year old turned the bathroom light off very slowly and the circuit breaker tripped. I turned the breaker back on and all the power to the affected areas was returned. When I turned the bathroom light back on, I noticed that one of the two bulbs had blown. I changed that bulb for a new one and they work fine. Now the lights in the areas affected by the tripped breaker are flickering.

The flickering is minor. None of the light plates or socket plates are hot. I don't smell anything. I don't see any sparks. However, is this a problem? Or did the stress to the system cause strain on the bulbs?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 514 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2014 08:09 pm
@JFLY55,
Call an electrician asap.

Leave the switch off until then.

Sounds like you have a wiring problem that needs the attention of a professional.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2014 08:26 pm
@JFLY55,
Do the lights flicker if the bathroom light switch is off? If so you may have damaged the contacts in the light switch. Replace the bathroom light fixture. Be sure to turn off the breaker before replacing it. Even if I'm wrong here, that is a cheap replacement. You might want to do that anyway.
engineer

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2014 05:21 am
@engineer,
I said "light fixture" and really meant "light switch".
0 Replies