biostat test

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2014 03:24 am
I have two nominal variables :
1) Nest directions
2) Nest out come (Successful/Failure)

What test should I use to find the correlation among the both.???????????
Kindly let me know
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 450 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2014 04:44 am
@navjeevan dadwal,
How many eggs were there to start with?
engineer

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2014 05:06 am
@navjeevan dadwal,
You have one continuous variable that you want to correlate to one categorical or nominal variable. Which test does that for you?
0 Replies

navjeevan dadwal

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2014 05:09 am
@Lordyaswas,
We have 22 nests as a sample size
The clutch size varies from 3-4 eggs per nest
I just want to understand that does the specific nest directions impacts significantly on the breeding success of my study subject?
What type of test should I use?
Variables are
1)nest direction (south, north east, east etc. and 2)nest outcome is as successful or failure.Both are nominal variables/
Please Help/
Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2014 05:18 am
@navjeevan dadwal,
Try asking this question to someone like the RSPB (you'll easily find their website) as they are very helpful with pointing you in the right direction on this type of thing.

A good book would be 'The Biostatic Cookbook: The most user-friendly guide for the Bio/Medical Student.'

A quick search on something like Amazon would give you more details on this and similar books.

Then again, we may have a resident expert arriving any second, but just in case they don't, .......
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2014 10:43 am
@navjeevan dadwal,
Start with this link describing the types of tests required. It looks like it suggests using a Kruskal Wallis test.
0 Replies