biology

nouha

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2014 01:00 pm
Evolution has a goal. if the world were to somehow started over, the result would be the same world we see today.?
i know this is incorrect but i have to explain why people might think it is and i need help explaining it.

View best answer, chosen by nouha
jespah
  Selected Answer

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2014 01:23 pm
@nouha,
Evolution has no goal. It is a process.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2014 01:40 pm
@nouha,
Quote:
Evolution has a goal
Okay but then it must be a product of reason, suggesting it's God's work. But I'd take exception inasmuch as evolution seems automatic, resulting in all sorts of "goals". Given a Universe of some sort in which to happen, it's inevitable

Quote:
the same world we see today?
Nouha I'm not sure I quite understand the q but yes, it would surely be very similar

Quote:
i know this is incorrect
Sorry Nouha, again, but "this" what
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2014 02:03 pm
@nouha,
nouha wrote:

Evolution has a goal. if the world were to somehow started over, the result would be the same world we see today.?
i know this is incorrect but i have to explain why people might think it is and i need help explaining it.

We can only offer our opinions on why other people might think evolution has a goal when clearly it does not. My opinion is that most people simply do not understand Evolution accurately and have not thought about it enough to realize how it actually works. This results in inaccurate conclusions on their part.

But what is your opinion on many people fail to understand Evolution?
Quehoniaomath

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2014 02:31 pm
@rosborne979,
But evolution is one of the biggest hoaxes on earth!!
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2014 03:00 pm
@nouha,
The result most likely would not be the same. How could it be when mankind has interfered in the natural life-cycle of the planet? How could it be the same when comets and asteroids continue to travel through the airspace? How could things remain the same as stars are breathing their last even as you read this?

Each new event (cause) would bring about a different result (effect). Therefore it is highly improbable that starting over again would bring about the same things which currently exist after a similar length of time.

(jespah said it much more clearly, so follow her statement)
0 Replies