First time taking ambien.... This should be fun.

Uncanny

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2014 03:30 am
First time taking a new med. I rotate day and night shift every 16 days. I researched it quite a bit. Side effects seem pretty wicked. Maybe I can document some of the effects as they come.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 9 • Views: 2,595 • Replies: 34
No top replies

Uncanny

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2014 03:33 am
@Uncanny,
20mg dose 4:20 am central us.
Uncanny

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2014 03:40 am
@Uncanny,
20 minute mark. No effects. Tick tock.
Uncanny

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2014 03:52 am
@Uncanny,
4:50 am I think I hear music far away. Odd considering I live away from anyone. If I focus on it. It sorta goes away. May go check it out. Considering I feel no effects from the drug that I can identify. I probably should... Lame.
0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2014 03:55 am
@Uncanny,
I've heard way too many people experience "sleep walking" incidents on this drug. I had a friend who gained weight due to eating in her sleep. She found dishes in the sink and thought it was her son...not so much! It's comical but a bit scary to me. I hope you have a partner to monitor you and keep you safe.
Uncanny

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2014 04:00 am
@Germlat,
My wife is here, asleep... But here.
Germlat

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2014 04:02 am
@Uncanny,
Uncanny wrote:

My wife is here, asleep... But here.

I hope she hid your car keys and is a light sleeper. Review your posts in the morning...hope you remember posting them all Laughing
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2014 04:05 am
Has the rabbit made an appearance yet?
0 Replies

Uncanny

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2014 04:07 am
@Uncanny,
The noise was an iPad set to play music as an alarm.
5:02 am - motor skills are slightly off. Mental state - it's almost I'm inside of a vessel , my limbs seem clumbsy and alien. Overall I remain in control. Thought process, normal - slight distortion.
Uncanny

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2014 04:11 am
@Uncanny,
No rabbits here, none of the good stuff yet. Onstar has our vehicles disable for the next 12 hours. I would say I'm pretty safe. I can use this observation for many things.

5:10 am sitting still eases the strain of operating the alien vessel I have acquired.
Lordyaswas

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2014 04:20 am
Is this because of your irregular shift patterns?

I always used to find that a quick five minute read of one of the evolution threads here did the trick.

Out like a light.

Still no rabbit?
0 Replies

Uncanny

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2014 04:22 am
@Uncanny,
Then last alien line was humor.

5:16 - I do feel decrease in motor skills, consciousness is a bit foggy. I can easily snap myself out of it to complete a post, or get water or a snack. There is a bit of drowsiness that pulls down on me like gravity. If I sit, or lay down that's when the noted effects take place. As of now. I am in control, I could answer, my phone, the door, ect. I would not go for a drive, unless its on Xbox.
Uncanny

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2014 04:31 am
@Uncanny,
It has been an hour. Full effect should be now right.
Germlat

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2014 05:02 pm
@Uncanny,
Uncanny wrote:

It has been an hour. Full effect should be now right.

Please do tell what happened! I'm intrigued.
Uncanny

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2014 06:05 pm
@Germlat,
At the time of that post i remember thinking everything was normal. Looking back I was pretty, well you know. Anyhow, that post is the last thing I remember doing. I did drink 2 beers, and mess around on my computer, I don't know what I did exactly no web history I may have just booted it up. I smoked in my bathroom, (wife woke me up jumping my ass over cig butt in toilet) and made my way to bed naked. All I do remember is, posting on here... Then waking up. It took me a while to even remember I took the pills. I have never blacked out from drinking or anything of the sort. So it was a new experience to me. Pretty awesome, I'm going to lower the dose to 10mg tonight and try again.
Uncanny

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2014 06:06 pm
@Uncanny,
If you are interested I can take it a bit more serious, and repost the effects as they come.
One Eyed Mind

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2014 06:10 pm
@Uncanny,
It's funny.

When you don't take pills, you lumber around like an idiot consciously.

When you do take pills, you lumber around like an idiot unconsciously.

No matter which way you see it, both sides are the epitome of idiocy.
Uncanny

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2014 06:19 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
In your mind, everyone is an idiot. If I had to guess you must take stabs at others for cheap thrills, to compensate for lack of accomplishment your life has experienced. What do I know though?I'm not a shrink, just an engineer, and that automatically makes me socially awkward.
One Eyed Mind

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2014 06:22 pm
@Uncanny,
I say everything in general. You don't have to directly address people - if it's true, people will take it upon themselves to be offended by it; if it's not true, people won't even realize it exists.
Uncanny

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2014 06:32 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
Sorry, when you respond to me "when YOU take pills..." It can easily be misunderstood as you directly calling me an idiot just to troll. I probably don't have an argument saying otherwise. I'm not offended, I still like your post. You have a true potential for unique creativity.