general electronics questions

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2014 12:54 pm
Hi everyone I have some questions about batteries etc. Firstly it possible to take 2 12V battery and take 24v and 12v simultaneously?? I've tried it and it didn't work I had to use another 12v battery to get the separate 12v. Why is this so?? And why do different circuits which work together in a machine must have their grounds common??? And what is the proper way to solder without getting too big/thick solds??? And lastly is there any alternative to using Mosfet for PWM?? From my experience Mosfet get burned often.
Thanks in advance

mrosupply
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 2,711 • Replies: 4
No top replies

timur

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2014 01:38 pm
@mattmro444,
That's a lot of questions.

Mattmro44 wrote:
Firstly it possible to take 2 12V battery and take 24v and 12v simultaneously?? I've tried it and it didn't work I had to use another 12v battery to get the separate 12v. Why is this so??

It's because you didn't do the appropriate wiring. Look here:

http://bus.getdave.com/Docs/12Von24V/Pics/Split.gif

and wrote:
And why do different circuits which work together in a machine must have their grounds common???

They don't have to have a common ground but if they don't, the diagrams become much, much more complicated.

and wrote:
And what is the proper way to solder without getting too big/thick solds???

Use thin soldering tin and a controlled temperature soldering iron.

and wrote:
And lastly is there any alternative to using Mosfet for PWM?? From my experience Mosfet get burned often.

If your Mosfets burn it's because they are not properly dimensioned.
You could also use a BJT.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2014 10:53 am
@mattmro444,
Quote:
They don't have to have a common ground but if they don't, the diagrams become much, much more complicated.
Also there might be a safety consideration: The less likely for instance two h-v power supplies might assume a series connection
sofiakleeman

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2014 08:04 am
@dalehileman,
Well can I use this for my home??
dalehileman

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2014 11:10 am
@sofiakleeman,
Quote:
Well can I use this for my home??
Forgive me Sofia but use what
0 Replies