What if no religions are correct, but there still is a God?

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 2 May, 2023 02:44 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

It's not as if your responses are full of sound intellectual judgement.

There's no proof of any of it, all there is is doubt.

Correct!
izzythepush

Reply Tue 2 May, 2023 03:34 am
@Frank Apisa,
I'd really like to know how the new covenant Jesus brought up stopped non Christisns from stoning.

I'd like to know the date it happened.

All he seems to have is vague nonsense that he's pulled out of his backside which has no bearing on reality.

Whenever a JW knocks on my door I'm always taken back by how incredibly ignorant and stupid they are, yet we're duppised to believe that the supreme being would impart divine wisdom to people who have difficulty putting on their trousers in the morning.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 2 May, 2023 03:38 am
@Frank Apisa,
Also it's where they decide to put their focus.

It's not about how to live a good Christian life, it's a load of pseudo scientific horseshit about the flood and the Garden of Eden.

I don't recall the Sermon on the Mount being about proof of the flood, the Garden of Eden and the wholescale rejection of the existance of dinosaurs.

kjw47

Reply Tue 2 May, 2023 02:13 pm
@izzythepush,
Jesus , an eye witness to all of it, compared these last days to Noah's day and mentioned the flood-Luke 17:26--- are you calling Jesus a liar?
izzythepush

Reply Tue 2 May, 2023 02:33 pm
@kjw47,
Luke was a well known liar, what he said about the census of Quirinius was false.

Why should we believe anything else he says when he has a track record of twisting facts to fit in with his agenda?
kjw47

Reply Wed 3 May, 2023 07:28 pm
@izzythepush,
Luke did not lie. God inspired his words. Men saying something opposite of Luke are the liars.
glitterbag

Reply Wed 3 May, 2023 11:53 pm
@JoshuaRay,
Did you make that up or is it your true beliefs.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 4 May, 2023 02:51 am
@kjw47,
You're typical of those who hate the truth.
kjw47

Reply Thu 4 May, 2023 06:09 pm
@izzythepush,
Do you mean like this truth--John 20:17, Rev 3:12?
izzythepush

Reply Fri 5 May, 2023 02:57 am
@kjw47,
Don't try to put your lies in my mouth.

The problem you have is you're not capable of understanding your own religion.

Not a lot of Nobel prize winners among the JW congregation.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 5 May, 2023 03:06 am
@kjw47,
You mean like this truth.

Quote:
'There was no reprimand, nothing changed': Survivors criticise Jehovah's Witness elders for failing to act over child sexual abuse claims
The Jehovah's Witnesses church says its elders "endeavour to comply with secular laws about reporting allegations of abuse" - but survivors say that does not necessarily translate to helping the authorities.

"I don't like the way he touches me."

That is how Emily described her abuse to elders at the Jehovah's Witness Kingdom Hall she attended in Loughborough.

Emily (not her real name) was eight-years-old and the man she accused was a ministerial servant in his 60s.

What followed was a series of failings that allowed him to continue abusing children for years to come.

Sky News has spoken to several abuse victims who claim there is a culture within the Jehovah's Witnesses that fails those looking for help and puts others at risk.

Problems include a failure to report allegations to the police, and a system that requires high levels of proof from the victim, but also allows a repentant abuser to remain within the congregation - at times without other members being told what they have done.

Emily was sexually abused from the age of four - but when she reported the crime to elders in 1990, they did not call the police and told her she had made it all up.

She told Sky News: "There was a phrase that they used a lot which is 'liars will not inherit God's kingdom', which is basically saying you're going to die at Armageddon, because you're a liar."

Jehovah's Witnesses have a gentle image of people who turn up on doorsteps spreading the word of God. They believe that only people of their faith will be saved from imminent Armageddon. There is a mistrust of non-believers and it is one reason why serious allegations such as child abuse often aren't taken to the police, but instead handled internally.

Emily said that in her case, the elders - those in charge of governing and disciplining the congregation - held what is called a judicial committee.

She added: "Unbeknownst to me, he admitted it to them.

"And then after that, they continued to tell me that I'd misunderstood it, and continued to tell me that I'd got it wrong, and that I was almost like this crazy person that had made up this disgusting thing.

"There was no kind of reprimand for him. Nothing changed.

"I actually got told off for not sitting on his knee, not talking to him, not being nice to him, not respecting him."

The abuser, Peter Stewart, was spared being thrown out of the church because he repented and insisted to the elders that there were no other victims. In fact, there were at least four others, including two sisters, who were being abused at around the same time.

For the first time, those sisters are also speaking about what happened.

Amelia, who again is not giving her real name, would not find out until she was an adult that the man who sexually abused her and her sister as children had admitted to another offence and been allowed to retain his position in the organisation.

She told Sky News: "He promised them that he wasn't abusing any other children at that time, nor had he been. And because they believed him, he was allowed to continue in the congregation and my abuse and my sister's abuse was allowed to continue."

Older sister Rachel, whose name is also changed to protect her identity, added: "Knowing that it could have all stopped, that it might not have happened, it could have all gone away, had they taken note of that child that he admitted to. I could have had a few years as a child."

Amelia didn't report her abuse until after Stewart went to prison for abusing two other children. When he came out of prison, she revealed her experience to elders in a bid to stop him re-joining the congregation.

She said: "I was begging the elders saying, 'look, can you not just stop him attending our meetings?' They wouldn't listen to me.

"They decided they didn't believe me because I didn't have a credible second witness."

In the guidebook used by elders to deal with serious matters such as child abuse a section reads: "EYE WITNESS - There must be two or three eye witnesses, not just people repeating hearsay - no action can be taken if there is only one witness."

Incredibly, Amelia wasn't taken seriously despite the previous conviction, the fact that the church knew of another allegation, and a letter written by Stewart from prison to Amelia's mother confessing to the crime and calling himself "a pervert".

Stewart died before a criminal case was brought against him, but Amelia successfully sued the Jehovah's Witness church for breach of duty in the first successful civil case of its kind.

But this isn't an isolated case.

There are 8.6 million Jehovah's Witness members worldwide and 130,000 in England and Wales, with a large central office campus in Chelmsford, Essex.

Activists who are critics of the church claim there is a database of child sexual abuse allegations made against people in the organisation, which is kept at the head office in Chelmsford.

https://news.sky.com/story/there-was-no-reprimand-nothing-changed-survivors-criticise-jehovahs-witness-elders-for-failing-to-act-over-child-sexual-abuse-claims-12396672
kjw47

Reply Sat 6 May, 2023 07:16 pm
@izzythepush,
No paedophilia accepted by any JW on earth. The parents are counciled to go to the police. That is proper. Parents are responsible for their children.
Don't believe everything you read against JW,s, not much of it is true.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 7 May, 2023 04:22 am
@kjw47,
Have you read the article?

It shows the truth about child abuse in your foul institution.

Jesus said the truth will set you free, but you hate that so you continue to lie and twist his words out of all recognition for your vile child abusing beliefs.

I've known people brought up by JWs, they all had thoroughly miserable childhoods and resent the filthy religion inflicted upon them.
kjw47

Reply Sun 7 May, 2023 02:08 pm
@izzythepush,
I know exactly what goes on with pedophilia in the JW,s-- Hearts filled with hatred write those articles and the blind who believe one sided stories in a lack of wisdom believe them. No pedophilia would ever be condoned in the JW religion.
Those who want to sin instead of serve God his way are the ones with miserable childhoods. No its not easy being no part of this world on a child, but Jesus requires it.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 7 May, 2023 03:02 pm
@kjw47,
It's called wilful denial.

You're known as an enabler.
kjw47

Reply Sun 7 May, 2023 04:29 pm
@izzythepush,
I know 100% what goes on. Those writings are not truth. Possibly partial truth which never makes a whole truth. Its the whole truth that matters. The unwise believe one sided stories.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 7 May, 2023 05:01 pm
@kjw47,
I don't know if that's hubris, stipidity or a mixture of the two.

Nobody knows 100% what's going on.
kjw47

Reply Mon 8 May, 2023 06:42 pm
@izzythepush,
Daniel 12:4--in these last days truth became abundant. Dont forget Jesus promised he would give holy spirit to lead into ALL truth.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 9 May, 2023 12:56 am
@kjw47,
Irrelevant nonsense, you can't grasp the nettle and deal with reality.
Jasper10

Reply Tue 9 May, 2023 02:01 am
@kjw47,
The reality is that humankind has accepted total responsibility for all atrocities carried out throughout history whilst at the same time rejecting a God that might exist.
0 Replies