What if no religions are correct, but there still is a God?

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 29 May, 2022 06:42 am
@The Anointed,
The Anointed wrote:

Quote:
I do not do any "believing" at all, Fool. I just don't. If I suppose something...or guess something...or estimate something...

But you don't "BELIEVE" any of it, Do you?

Nighty night.

I do not do any "believing."

You have a problem with that. That has to do with a lack of intelligence. I have explained what I mean.

Educate yourself. It will take some doing, but give it a shot.
The Anointed

Reply Sun 29 May, 2022 07:06 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
I do not do any "believing." You have a problem with that. That has to do with a lack of intelligence. I have explained what I mean. Educate yourself. It will take some doing, but give it a shot.

And you don't "BELIEVE" one word of what you have just said, do you? Look out mate, the men in white coat are coming for you.

Nighty night.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 29 May, 2022 07:37 am
@Frank Apisa,
I think you've made a rod for your own back here Frank.

I get you don't do beliefs, I get your god gods mantra, and I'm more than happy for you to call yourself whatever you want. I'm not going to call you a so and so type of atheist or whatever.

I get all that, I no problems with any of it.

What I don't get is your foray away from religious belief to one of language definition. Belief, believes have more than one meaning and your bizarre obsession with the word makes you sound a bit tounched.

When you are asked if you believe what a politician said, you're not being asked anything remotely religious or spiritual.

That being the case it makes sense to use it, I do/don't believe Joe Biden when he said.....

Instead of using a believe you work your way around it, come up witn aphrase in place of a word.

It's not rational, and it allows a muppet like anointed to take the piss.
bulmabriefs144

Reply Sun 29 May, 2022 07:48 am
This is literally the funniest thing I found online about religion.

Hindus being accused of animal idolatry and trying to defend that while accusing Muslims of being idol worshipers. This is S-tier comedic gold right here.
https://www.faithfreedom.org/islam-is-idolatry/
Quote:
Every building rest on a foundation and before the invention of concrete all buildings were made of stone and they had at least four corner stones. However no one circumambulates around them touches them and kisses them. The Islamic ritual of hajj is stone worship, the most primitive form of idolatry.

Animal worship is not irrational. It is not the animal that people worship but what they represent. Since life is considered to be the breath of God, all living beings are regarded as manifestations of God. Reverence for life is one way to worship God.

Let's be real. Civilized people have dispensed with idols, and worship without all that stuff, neither being atheist nor idolater. All this crap needs to go into the dumpster.
https://www.mckaychurchgoods.com/app/uploads/2019/01/mary-statue-640-15.jpg
https://static.turbosquid.com/Preview/2014/07/07__06_27_27/1.jpgb37b6bc5-ec9c-448f-a6ee-b5b2de487fadZoom.jpg
https://knowhy.bookofmormoncentral.org/sites/default/files/knowhy-img/2016/8/extra/vesselimpurity/temple.jpg
https://n2.sdlcdn.com/imgs/a/q/7/Siri-Creations-Cow-Calf-Idol-SDL228099156-1-6f024.jpg
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71SrL54kWHL._SL1500_.jpg

The reality of God is the only thing we ought to worship.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 29 May, 2022 08:02 am
@bulmabriefs144,
Quote:
All this crap needs to go into the dumpster.
This poster now additionally promotes destroying art and cultural heritage.
World Heritage.
Like the Taliban.
Interesting.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 29 May, 2022 08:11 am
@The Anointed,
The Anointed wrote:

Quote:
I do not do any "believing." You have a problem with that. That has to do with a lack of intelligence. I have explained what I mean. Educate yourself. It will take some doing, but give it a shot.

And you don't "BELIEVE" one word of what you have just said, do you? Look out mate, the men in white coat are coming for you.

Nighty night.

No, I do not "believe" one word of what I just wrote.

I KNOW that what I wrote is correct.

Stop demanding that we all see your stupidity. It is easier to see than you think.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 29 May, 2022 08:21 am
@Walter Hinteler,
When I visited Ely Cathedral (the "Cathedral Church of the Holy and Undivided Trinity"), I was quite impressed not only of the cathedral but of the Lady Chapel as well: at the reformation, the edict to remove images from the cathedral was carried out very thoroughly, but some (smaller) statues were missed.

https://i.imgur.com/xKRbTUyl.jpg
The Anointed

Reply Sun 29 May, 2022 04:07 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Stop demanding that we all see your stupidity.

It's Your stupidity old fellow, if you don't believe that the earth is a sphere, then you don't know for sure whether or not it is a sphere.

You might guess that it is a sphere, but you are not sure, you might assume it is a sphere, but you are still not absolutely sure that it is a sphere.

The greater majority of those on this forum have never stood outside of the earth to see the spherical earth spinning out there in space, but they have seen the evidence that proves beyond any reasonable doubt that the earth is a sphere, and so they no longer guess, assume, or simply think the earth "MIGHT" be a sphere, they "BELIEVE" that it "IS" a sphere.

Nighty night old mate.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 29 May, 2022 04:13 pm
@The Anointed,
The Anointed wrote:

Quote:
Stop demanding that we all see your stupidity.

It's Your stupidity old fellow, if you don't believe that the earth is a sphere, then you don't know for sure whether or not it is a sphere.

You might guess that it is a sphere, but you are not sure, you might assume it is a sphere, but you are still not absolutely sure that it is a sphere.

The greater majority of those on this forum have never stood outside of the earth to see the spherical earth spinning out there in space, but they have seen the evidence that proves beyond any reasonable doubt that the earth is a sphere, and so they no longer guess, assume, or simply think the earth "MIGHT" be a sphere, they "BELIEVE" that it "IS" a sphere.

Nighty night old mate.

Okay, apparently you are going to demand that we pay attention to your stupidity. Fine.

But as I said, it is not all that difficult to see. You just are stupid.

Really...you would do well to find a thread about comic books or television. This kind of discussion is not for you.
The Anointed

Reply Sun 29 May, 2022 04:38 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Okay, apparently you are going to demand that we pay attention to your stupidity. Fine. But as I said, it is not all that difficult to see. You just are stupid. Really...you would do well to find a thread about comic books or television. This kind of discussion is not for you.

Nighty night old fellow, I honestly "BELIEVE" that you should seek medical attention.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 29 May, 2022 07:34 pm
@The Anointed,
The Anointed wrote:

Quote:
Okay, apparently you are going to demand that we pay attention to your stupidity. Fine. But as I said, it is not all that difficult to see. You just are stupid. Really...you would do well to find a thread about comic books or television. This kind of discussion is not for you.

Nighty night old fellow, I honestly "BELIEVE" that you should seek medical attention.

Okay, "believe" away.

It is my opinion that you are not intellectually equipped for this discussion.
The Anointed

Reply Sun 29 May, 2022 07:43 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:

But we all know that you don't honestly "BELIEVE" that, don't we mate?

Nighty night old fellow, and don't forget to take your medications.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 30 May, 2022 03:17 am
@The Anointed,
The Anointed wrote:

Quote:

But we all know that you don't honestly "BELIEVE" that, don't we mate?

Correct. I do not "believe" it. I KNOW IT.

You simply lack the intellectual capacity for a discussion like this. Why not find a thread about comic books? Really!

The Anointed

Reply Mon 30 May, 2022 05:33 am
@Frank Apisa,
You keep repeating yourself old fellow, a typical sign that you're loosing it. How long have you known you were suffering from Alzheimer's disease?

Now you just take it easy old mate and keep your medications up and I'll pray for you.
farmerman

Reply Mon 30 May, 2022 05:41 am
@Frank Apisa,
hs mrely resting on a fin detail of our plnets geomtry. An oblate spheroid is not actually a sphere but its close nough for profesionl work.

farmerman

Reply Mon 30 May, 2022 05:43 am
@Walter Hinteler,
the spandrels ar alway a sight to behold.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 30 May, 2022 05:48 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Quote:

It's not rational, and it allows a muppet like anointed to take the piss.
. I sort unerstand but would greatly appreciate a delve into the englih llanguge as a tool of communication to us farm folks
izzythepush

Reply Mon 30 May, 2022 06:05 am
@farmerman,
Where in particular would you like to delve.

How about retronyms? Those are new words/phrases that come about because changes mea the old definition no longer applies.

Acoustic guitar for example, before electric guitars came along it was just a guitar, ground coffee is another, before instant it was just coffee.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 30 May, 2022 06:44 am
@The Anointed,
The Anointed wrote:

You keep repeating yourself old fellow, a typical sign that you're loosing it.

You seem to be repeating yourself more than I...so are you saying you are "losing it?"

Quote:
How long have you known you were suffering from Alzheimer's disease?

I am not suffering from Alzheimer's disease. Only a fool would suppose someone with Alzheimer's could communicate as successfully as I am here.

But...you seem to be intent on proclaiming your foolishness...and I am merely aiding you in your quest.

0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 30 May, 2022 06:47 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

hs mrely resting on a fin detail of our plnets geomtry. An oblate spheroid is not actually a sphere but its close nough for profesionl work.

Yeah. I usually use spherical, but why bother at this point.

We are having beautiful weather for this traditional start to the summer season. As I remember it, you are close...in Pennsylvania. So you must have the same thing.
0 Replies