Acting performances that made you laugh yourself silly

George

Reply Sat 22 May, 2004 10:12 am
The episode of "Taxi" where Rev. Jim takes his written driver's test while the others try to whisper help to him.
"What does a yellow light mean?"
"Slow down"
"Whaat...dooes...aa...yellllow...liight...meean?"
Slow down!"
"Whaaat...doooes...aaa...."
and so on.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 22 May, 2004 10:26 am
I guess I'm confused -- shouldn't this be in the TV forum?
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Sat 22 May, 2004 04:41 pm
But...but...they're so FUNNY!
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 22 May, 2004 07:22 pm
But...but...msolga did in fact ask for funny performances in film and video so it's hard to figure where to post it. It's just that I'm the only one so far to offer films:

Madelein Kahn stumbling down the hill in "Paper Moon" still makes me bust a gut.

Madelein Kahn when whe is dragged out of the ballroom after Ryan O'Neal is intimidated by Barbra to not acknowledge that she was his fiancee is a side splitter.

Just about every scene that she appears in "Young Frankenstein" is a laugh riot.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Sat 22 May, 2004 07:29 pm
The latin lesson skit in the Life of Brian.

I keep posting this on various threads to the point every one is probably tired of it but it still makes me laugh until I'm choking.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 22 May, 2004 07:58 pm
eoe - oh yeah! I remember them lossing their poker faces. That just makes me laugh harder.

George - yes! I remember that!

ok LW, Dead Alive cracks me up to no end. It's a horror spoof with a fatally virulent monkey who ends up infecting people with something that turns them into zombies.

A priest who starts to slay zombies calls his battle cry "I kick arse for the lord!" and busts into kung fu.

The love interest walks her dog over to the protagonist's home, where he's nursing his undead mother, only to end up uttering these words "Your mother ate my dog!"

Human entrails climb up the light cord after the protagonist's ankle, tooting as it goes.

And the spawn of zombie love, the ear in the custard, the totally over the top finale - all histerical.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 22 May, 2004 08:05 pm
Of all the performances in "Airplane," I still crack up the most at Robert Stack playing it perfectly straight as Rex Kramer, the "no-nonsense" consultant brought in to help land the plane. The sunglass bit is a classic. Not that Lloyd Bridges whoo ends up so high he's hanging from the ceiling or Leslie Neilson who is so, so helpful. Laughing
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 22 May, 2004 08:55 pm
ha! I haven't seen Airplane in a while....
0 Replies

CerealKiller

Reply Sat 22 May, 2004 09:30 pm
Preperation H Raymond on Conan O'Brien.
Darryl Hammond doing Chris Matthews on SNL.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sun 23 May, 2004 07:30 am
Oh alright LW!

In "Forget Paris", when the pidgeon gets stuck to the side of Debra Winger's head, I thought I'd explode! That was one of the funniest scenes I'd seen in a long, long while.

In "Get Shorty" when Dennis Farina's character meets Gene Hackman's character, kicks his ass, shoots the other guy who also came in to rough Hackman's character up, and then puts the gun in Hackman's hand and instructs him to shoot, so it would look like self-defense, when Hackman raises the gun to shoot Farina's character and he, without blinking, takes his hand with the gun and re-aims it at the dead guy, it's a funny scene alright but for some reason, it really reaches my husbands' funnybone and I laugh at him laughing. He loves that scene.
0 Replies

Raggedyaggie

Reply Sun 23 May, 2004 08:07 am
The Cheap Detective

(the spoof on Casablanca with Peter Falk as Rick, Louise Fletcher as Ilsa and Fernando Lamas in Paul Henreid's role, and Madeleine Kahn singing La La La La La La La to the tune of La Vi en Rose in the cafe. Louise Fletcher's non-stop political speech, with Lamas, interjecting "that's enough, Dear" to no avail, cracks me up everytime. Funny spoof on The Maltese Falcon, too.)

The Producers - many scenes, but mainly, Dick Shawn as Hitler and Springtime for Hitler. "Hey, man. I liebe you, I liebe you Baby. I liebe you. Now, leave me alone."

Young Frankenstein - particularly, Cloris Leachman and the terrified sounds of the horses everytime she appeared.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 23 May, 2004 10:00 am
eoe wrote:
Blaine Edwards (Damon Wayans) and Anton Merriweather (David Alan Grier), the two flaming queens/critics on In Living Color.
Two snaps up...in a circle!

I FINALLY remembered the name of that segment..."Men on Film."
Two snaps up...and around the world!
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 24 May, 2004 08:40 pm
Raggedyaggie wrote:
Young Frankenstein - particularly, Cloris Leachman and the terrified sounds of the horses everytime she appeared.

That WAS funny! Laughing
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 25 May, 2004 07:40 am
EOE, happened to watch that movie for the umph time last week. That's a great scene. Does anybody write better books for screen plays than Elmore Leonard?

How 'bout Jonathan Winters riding the tricycle in a Mad Mad World?
0 Replies

Raggedyaggie

Reply Tue 25 May, 2004 07:55 am
Oh, and Gene Hackman as the blind man with Peter Boyle in Young Frankenstein, too.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 04:15 pm
How about Peter Sellers as inspector Clouseau? Oh my god that was hilarious stuff.
0 Replies

Raggedyaggie

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 04:39 pm
Kickycan: I just watched one of the Pink Panther movies recently and cracked up at Herbert Lom with the cigarette lighter that looked like a gun that he got confused with his real gun.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 04:48 pm
Yes, I think I remember that scene. It was in Clouseau's office right? I rented the first Pink Panther movie a while ago, and it wasn't that good. They didn't focus on Clouseau enough. You must have gotten one of the sequels, which were so much funnier, because I think they realized just how damn hilarious Peter Sellers was!

I also love how his faithful man-servant, Cato attacks him every chance he gets. Laughing
0 Replies

Raggedyaggie

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 05:07 pm
I think it was The Return of the Pink Panther. This time Cato was in the refrigerator. Laughing
The cigarette lighter that looked like a gun was given to Clousseau's superior (the one with the twitchy eye brought on by Clousseau) for a present. He had fired Clousseau and was told to rehire him. He got so frustrated he tried to shoot Clousseau with the cigarette lighter. When Clousseau left his office, instead of lighting his cigarette, he pulled the real gun out and shot himself instead. Of course, the poor guy always survived.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 05:15 pm
book marking with a chuckle.
0 Replies