Acting performances that made you laugh yourself silly

msolga

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 06:59 pm
The other night my friend & I watched 6 episodes of Fawlty Towers on video. (An old BBC comedy series, starring John Cleese, for those of you who don't know it.)
Even though we'd seen each episode any number of times (there were only 10/11 made & they were constantly repeated due to their popularity) we spent a wonderful evening, totally out of control with laughter. The plots were totally ridiculous, the characters & acting perfect & we just wanted MORE after our marathon. Great stuff!
My favourite episode is the one where the guest dies in the hotel & Basil, Sybil, Polly & Manuel go to extraordinary lengths to hide it from the health inspector & the other guests. Laughing

Which performances (film, video, etc.) were so hilarious that you almost peed your pants laughing at them?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 8,523 • Replies: 71
No top replies

panzade

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 07:05 pm
ms, that episode was a screamer. In "Groundhog Day" every time Bill Murray woke up to the same prattle on his clock-radio I laughed my a off
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 07:07 pm
I loved "Who's Line Is It, Anyway?" before it was hosted by Drew Carey. I often 'cried' I was laughing so hard while watching that improv.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 07:07 pm
Yes! Very funny, panzade!

p.s. Feel free to call me Olga. Very Happy
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 07:16 pm
There is a crazy soap opera--Days Of Our Lives.

There can be no worse acting or storylines. The soap has seemingly run out of money, and to explain the mass exodus of ten or so cast members, they had the town herione, who had once been possessed by the Deble, kill everyone.

They then had her shot in the heart--though she miraculously delivered a good-bye speech before seemingly dying... BUT NO! She continued to sit up and talk to people, who couldn't figure out if it was an illusion, or she was really sitting up. (Confounding them further--more than one person had the identical 'vision'.)

She clawed at the casket as they were about to put her in the ground (that ecsanguination (sp) didn't faze her)--her daughter heard and began screaming for twenty minutes for someone to lift the casket lid--(rather than doing it herself) Dead again.

They have a nutty psychic, showing up everywhere and making evil intonations, and a male star, who acts primarily by squinting.

High camp.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 07:20 pm
Not a brilliant film, but a hilarious film moment: When the dog has been fed too many pills in There's Something About Mary. He turns into a crazed maniac in the bathroom & then attacks the throat, trouser leg, whatever, of the simple, unsuspecting man (Jim Carey?) who contunues to try to impress Mary while being savaged. Laughing
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 07:29 pm
Wow, Sofia! What have I been missing out on here? Sounds GREAT! Very Happy
This could explain why my mother's addicted to it.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 07:45 pm
MsOlga - ben stiller? That movie totally cracked me up too.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 07:52 pm
Yes, Ben Stiller, littlek! Very Happy That was such a hilarious scene, then the dog all bandaged up & attached to the top of the car! Laughing
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 07:55 pm
Blaine Edwards (Damon Wayans) and Anton Merriweather (David Alan Grier), the two flaming queens/critics on In Living Color.
Two snaps up...in a circle!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 07:59 pm
MsOlga - That movie made me laugh a lot.

eoe - The living color guys cracked me up a few times, but the characters got old.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 08:10 pm
Grier and Wayans in drag were outrageous! (Wayan's tiny hat on his bald head...)

Grier as a cop, reacting to monkeys making off with his car in Jumanji.

Dave Chapelle being interrogated in "Screwed". His hilarious crying, while in jail, heard in the background, "Let me out! My dick hurts."
(Um, you'd have to see it.)
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 08:10 pm
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 08:17 pm
The scene in Annie Hall where Woody Allen tries, over a meal, to cope with her very well-off, wasp parents & family & absolutely nothing works. Talk about a culture clash!
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 08:56 pm
Oh, thank you, eoe! I had forgotten about Blaine and Anton! They were great!

I can't watch reruns of Harvey Korman & Tim Conway on the old Carol Burnett show without cracking up. Gets me every time....and Harvey, too.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 09:00 pm
OH YES! Harvey and Tim. (I think they peed, too.)
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sat 22 May, 2004 07:37 am
At least Harvey did! He couldn't even LOOK at Tim Conway from the beginning of the skit until the end. Remember the dentist skit where Tim, as the clumsy dentist, kept stabbing himself with the novacaine needle? Was that not one of the funniest things you'd ever seen??!!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 22 May, 2004 07:42 am
eoe

I haven't seen it, but I'm having a good laugh at what you're describing. Very Happy Sounds good!
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sat 22 May, 2004 07:59 am
He finally stabbed himself in the forehead! Harvey sat in the chair with his eyes closed, desperately trying not to laugh. This may have been the very first skit where he fell apart.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 22 May, 2004 08:11 am
Madelein Kahn in "Young Frankenstein," "Paper Moon" or "What's Up Doc."

"Ah, sweet mystery of life..."
0 Replies