Fingerprints on file

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2014 10:04 pm
Does a criminal record and fingerprints go hand in hand. A friend was arrested in 2001. It took awhile to get a job because record always showed up. About 8 years later friend got a job anyway friend has applied for an airport job they run a criminal background on you plus they want to get your fingerprints. Will the fingerprints still be on file even though there is no criminal record?

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2014 10:11 pm
Dunno bout America, but here in England we've got a "Spent Conviction" rule which means that after 7 years you don't have to say you've been convicted of something when you fill in job application forms and stuff, because the conviction is regarded as "spent" (ancient history).
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2014 10:22 pm
@Finaldestination,
If your friend was ever convicted of anything whatsoever, chances are that his prints are on file in the FBI data base. Come to think of it, he need not even have been convicted. If he was fingerprinted by any law enforcement agency, including local police, in this country, the prints are routinely forwarded to the FBI lab in Washington, D.C. where they remain on file indefinitely.
roger

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2014 11:26 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
I'm pretty sure prints taken at military enlistment are still available, too. Many just in the US though.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2014 12:38 am
@Lustig Andrei,
Travel to America and your fingerprints are taken on arrival, I imagine it's the same for American citizens.
0 Replies

G4Racer

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2014 03:03 pm
@Finaldestination,
20 years ago I got a speeding ticket in CT. I mailed in the fine but the next day I was contacted by the local police and was informed that CT had a warrant with my name on it for murder. It took less than a day to clear things up and it turned out that the data entered into the system was moved around and when who ever was entering the information ended up entering the charges off the next sheet down on rather than my speeding violation. I like to think I might be an isolated case but I doubt that I am. I'm sure that in some data base there is a file that still has me listed as being wanted for murder. Computers are great for storing information but if that item for me had / has been released I that it was never corrected or removed completely.
I have had both Q and Top Secret clearances but not in the past 3 decades.
0 Replies

personalinjury1

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2014 02:33 am
It would be great to talk to a criminal lawyer. In most of the cases finger prints plat significant role....
0 Replies

Ola Olson

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2014 05:40 am
@Finaldestination,
Yes, the things will never change. The past will follow you as a shadow even you stop all those things which was done by you in past. It takes times to get things changes, makes sure that the things won't repeat it again, the only things which saves.
0 Replies

modification01

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2014 02:40 am
There's no denying that fingerprints still be on file even though there is no criminal record...
0 Replies