im 15 and i have a job and i can support myself but i need out of my parents house.

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2014 08:28 pm
Well everyday my dad tells me im not good enough and im never going to make it in life and he always pushes me into walls and hits me and everyone in my family tells me to just go ahead and leave they would be better off without me and for me to go die cause everyones better off without me in this world. . i hear it all the time. then they try to tell me they love me? i was wondering if there was anything i could do. call DHR or something i dont know. they moved a family of 10 into a 2 room trailer and its so cramped and there is not enough space to even live in here.

jespah

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2014 08:38 pm
@Tmellown,
In the United States, you can sue for emancipation. There are no guarantees that you will win. Speak with a trusted adult - a school counselor, a favorite teacher, a member of the clergy, whoever - and tell them what you wrote here and ask for their help in finding you a family law attorney from your state's Legal Services (that part is important; lawyers aren't free but Legal Services - sometimes called Legal Aid although that title is usually reserved for inexpensive criminal legal services - is generally for low income families and individuals).
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2014 10:00 pm
@Tmellown,
One of my best friends and travel companion left home when he was seven years old, because he wanted to go out to earn money. His father who used to be a truck driver used to find him to bring him back home, but he always ran away from home and went further and further from his home. He's been in the restaurant business, sold encyclopedias, magazines, worked in a night club (when under age), lived in Italy for 17 years, and now lives in Mexico where he owns a real estate company with six employees. He's never been married, but has several girl friends. He speaks about four languages, and just about the most amazing guy I've run across, because he remembers everybody's names.

He and I travel together three or four times every year, and we've traveled to Cambodia and Vietnam in April, and will again go on a cruise at the end of November to the Caribbean.

Don't let your home life ruin your whole life; make something of yourself and make achievements to live the good life to prove to yourself that you're an achiever. Life can really be rewarding if you work hard at it. Don't let the struggles discourage you.

Yes, leave home and learn to survive on your own. That's the motivation you need to shoot for higher goals, and do it.

I left home at 17.

Good luck.

0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2014 10:25 pm
Quote:
Tmellown said: i was wondering if there was anything i could do

Your family sound like a bunch of losers so ride it out until you're 18 and can leave home-
From the net- "As a general rule, a young person under the age of 18 cannot leave home. The police can take a youth under 18 who leaves home without parental permission into custody and return the child home"
MORE- http://www.empirestatecoalition.org/main/legal/rights.html

PS- i think the same applies here in England too, for example when I was 16 many years ago I went cycle-camping and was stopped by the cops 80 miles from home and questioned; they put through a call to my hometown police who then knocked on my parents door to ask if i was a runaway. My parents said "No, he's just on a bike ride", so the police buggered off.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2014 10:43 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
But in his case, the family doesn't want him there. Why would they contact the police to get him back?

0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2014 10:18 am
@Tmellown,
I'm curious as to what type of job you have as a 15 yr. old that will properly support yourself.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2014 10:20 am
@CoastalRat,
Good question. I had a difficult time surviving when I was in my early 20's, so I volunteered into the military service, but that's not possible at 15.

0 Replies

Tmellown

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2014 02:55 pm
@CoastalRat,
this chinese lady let me work at her restaurant and it pays for phone, gas, and food, ill be 16 soon so i can get a real job
CoastalRat

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2014 07:10 am
@Tmellown,
So, where would you live? Or do you figure someone will let you live with them free of charge? You say that what you make now would pay for gas? What about insurance on the car you are putting the gas into? For that matter, how are you even driving around at 15? And do you own the car you are driving or is it in your parent's name? If so, it is their car and they may not be of a mind to give it to you if they are as terrible as you make them out to be.

I'm not sure you have thought this thing all the way through.

0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2014 11:06 am
@Tmellown,
I'm not so sure you can find a 'real job' at 16 yo. That's because there are usually local laws about hiring school age children in full time jobs.

You need to check this out before you make the decision to 'move out.' You may be living in the streets, and that's no place for a 16 yo during the winter months.
0 Replies

Ola Olson

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2014 04:50 am
@Tmellown,
If your father treating in an odd way, at any cause don't leave house that's not the permanent solution and always be with them. Please try to analyse why your fathers treating like this and try to solve that problem, and one thing don't lose hope.
0 Replies