Beards

Misti26

Reply Tue 7 Jan, 2003 08:51 pm
Gezzy, are the troops alive and well or did you bury them? Laughing Razz Rolling Eyes Very Happy
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2003 07:47 pm
[quote]the joe looked out the window waiting for a song to come to him about that moment in the night[/quote].Songs, they come sliding up beside you,
they peek in your windows,
but sometimes they hide the second rhyme of the second verse somewhere
in the attic of your medulla oblongata
and I can't remember if one did or did not,
wet and crampy in middle changes without a chorus or a sweet finish,
arrive that day,

I do know I grew it all back over the next six months to a year. Without it, the beard, my friends didn't recognize me. The opposition was confused. Those were the days when a beard was as good as PeaceSymbol button or three strings of belled beads to indicate which side you were on,
I was out of uniform
and I knew it and they thought it.
We lefties were as uptight as we thought all those establishment hacks were.

Sides,
and who is on which, are harder to see now, aren't they? Beards don't mean anything like what they did back then. They are just hair.
Funny, ...................that's what I used to tell my father and his fishing buddies way before the musical came out and now it's true and a little sad.

Right?

Joe
0 Replies

chatoyant

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2003 10:04 pm
Joe Nation, I love your writing style. More! More!!
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2003 10:39 pm
You go, Joe!
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Thu 9 Jan, 2003 03:31 am
"HAIR - what is it good for?
"HAIR - what is it good for?
Absolutely NOTHING! Say it again!"

Don't want to pop your balloons guys, BUT hair growth is a response to the production of hormones at puberty. Initially, it leads to a lot of hair up top (and down below), the the reality is the more of them hormones, the less on top and the more below the hairline.

That means hair on ears, your back, your chin and your nipples (not so popular with the ladies) increases as it thins and disappears on top. Hair popping out of your nose is NO compensation for a receding hairline!! Shocked
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Thu 9 Jan, 2003 05:19 am
Misti
I'm still waiting for the troops. I figured I'd just throw a party when they get here since I don't need them at the moment. It couldn't hurt to hang on to all those men for awhile in case another storm comes up ;-)
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 9 Jan, 2003 05:35 am
Thanks....more to come.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 9 Jan, 2003 07:01 pm
Another storm sweeping in here. brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Thu 9 Jan, 2003 07:19 pm
Gezzy, let me know if I can help you ... I mean, all those troops and one little woman, that could be wearing, hehe!
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Thu 9 Jan, 2003 08:23 pm
Brutal cold snap expected in Boston over the weekend in Boston, down in the teens. It'll be especially unpleasant 'cuz we were getting used to balmy 40 F last cuppl'a days.
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Thu 9 Jan, 2003 08:27 pm
merry, any news on your truck?
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Thu 9 Jan, 2003 08:28 pm
joe nation, really nice posts.
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2003 02:09 am
beard update: my babies birthday was on tuesday the 7th. she is four years old now. one thing that she asked was that i "cut all that funny hair off your face" i did. back to the moustache and goatee thing again.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2003 02:41 am
Though this thread has digressed quite a bit from beards (damn, dlowan, u r infectious), to troops and a lone woman Wink I think I need to put in my two bits here !!

I am not a very big fan of men with beards/goatees/taches - in my entire life, I have been out with 2 men only who had any kind of facial hair - it sorts of tickles when u errrr.umm...kiss and I don't like it very much !!

Having said that, I had a tache for a long time (it was *the* macho thing in India when I was a teenager), but then I shaved it off a few years ago. I worked in a department of 7 people and I was the only male, so having a tache was sort of out of place Laughing

After going clean shaven for a while, I have now grown a "spot beard" - some people call it a soul patch - a small tuft of hair just below my lower lip. I always get extereme reactions - either people absolutely love it, or absolutely hate it !!

But it did make me very popular in Prague though Wink
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2003 05:26 am
Why, Gautam?
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2003 11:33 am
Er, it's also called a flavor-saver in breeder circles. (Trying to figure if there might be a connection.)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2003 11:36 am
Laughing
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2003 07:10 pm
patio, a licentious reference if I ever heard one. lol

I saw that big grin ehBeth!!!
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2003 08:52 pm
I saw a good looking man today who sported a beard, a nice one, the only thing I didn't like about it was the beard hid his luscious lips:(
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Mon 13 Jan, 2003 02:48 am
A flavor saver ? Errrr...ummm ? Now what is that ?

dlowan, don't ask me !! Ask the czechs !! Wink
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Beards
  3. » Page 5
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/09/2024 at 04:23:28