Beards

pueo

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 03:54 am
since we have no power throughout much of the island after the damned typhoon, and water is iffy. i have grown a beard again. kind of shocked to see how much gray has appeared, but continuing nonetheless. what do you think of beards in general?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 7,759 • Replies: 131
No top replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 06:08 am
Depends upon the fella IN the beard - and the beard. Some mens look fabulous bearded, some not.

I kinda like them generally, though.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 07:19 am
I wore a beard in the 60s and early 70s. Always liked them, but a skin condition keeps me shaving anymore.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 07:31 am
i have had a beard for the past 30 yrs because i hate to shave.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 07:38 am
Well, nobody seems to care, so far. I had an almost full beard, but Lovey likes a "van dyke" and side burns--so, when i went to the hair dresser on Sattiday, i told her to take off the beard, leaving only the sideburns and chin whiskers. She misunderstood, though, so i lost the sideburns, too. I've got the little chin-whisker beard, an', mebbe, i'll grow the sideburns back fer Lovey. It's precious little enough to do to please her--and i don't mind it, much.
0 Replies

chatoyant

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 08:16 am
Generally, I like beards on men if they are kept neat and trimmed. Once in a while I see a beard on a man, even though neat and trimmed, that I think would look better on a goat.

I don't especially like them on women.
Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 08:54 am
Mr. Jespah's been bearded for nearly the entire time we've known each other - except for our wedding and a few other months, so we've had, um, 14 years together and maybe 4 months of that he was beardless. Otherwise, he's had a full beard (which is what he has now) or a goatee (my preference).

I agree, they're less attractive on women.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 09:22 am
Yep, depends on who's face is under the beard. The last guy I dated had a full-ish goatee, I don't usually like them, but he looked great.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 09:25 am
I usually trade off as the seasons change. I shave during the summer and let it grow out in the winter. Of course, now that it's all growing in grey I'm less inclined to let it go.. Vanity is a bear... Smile
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 09:26 am
That is SWEET Setanta!
0 Replies

Sugar

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 09:48 am
I like the way the goatee looks on the boy, but it scratches ma verra sensitive skin all to heck.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 09:53 am
Setanta, Love your new signature line. Very Happy

Beards--on men. (I think it's safe to make a blanket statement that they don't look so hot on women.) Some men look good with or without; some men don't look good with or without. I think that, regardless of the type of beard, it shouldn't look unkempt.

From a different perspective, I prefer the tickly kind to the itchy kind. :wink:
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 09:55 am
Well, I have my moustache now more than 30 years - no one carries who's behind it, since the beard looks great!
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 09:56 am
Oh, I forgot to mention that a beard without an accompanying mustache looks silly to me.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 10:07 am
Although there is a great feeling of a clean shaven face, the soft beard hair face has its attractions as well. There are times when it is irratating to the soft womanly skin but, in general, its good.
As long as its groomed its good..stach, goat or beard..and it certainly is a great masculine feature with numerous possibilities.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 02:52 pm
I've had one for a long time. Some women like it; some don't. Not that I'd shave it to suit them, but I do keep it neat 'n' trim, as much for my sake as theirs, I guess...
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 03:07 pm
Not a huge fan of the beard/moustache on my man. I don't like how it feels when I'm ravishing him!

That said, it can look attractive on some men and I dated a guy once who had a full beard, shaved it off because I didn't like it (?) and then grew it back when I changed my mind (he had a face that looked excellent with a beard), plus he would have stubble within four hours of shaving and my own face was red-raw within a week! Embarrassed
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 03:11 pm
It depends. On some men they look great, on others, yeech.
0 Replies

mikey

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 04:08 pm
i've had my beard since highschool, over 30 yrs and never shaved it all off, some women like them and others hate them i've found.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 2 Jan, 2003 05:59 pm
My brother went with a beard and no moustache for maybe a week. I believe he got tired of people thinking he was Amish.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Beards
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/27/2024 at 02:14:26