Beards

pueo

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2003 08:26 pm
are you kidding, i'm going to watch with both eyes open. not too often you get to see a public castration Very Happy
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2003 08:27 pm
let's get ready to ruuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmblllllllllllllleeeeeee!!!!!
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2003 09:21 pm
Paisonally, I like a beard, especially if it's a salt and pepper, BUT ... only if it's clean an neat, and the guy wearing it is clean and neat!

I'm such a bore!
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2003 09:31 am
Misti, you're NO bore!! Period.

I like your new word. Paisonally. Brings to minds eye a picture of a beard with salt and pepper colored curving abstract figures.
0 Replies

Debacle

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2003 10:01 am
Paisonally, a fine mistical word, is onomatopoetically apropos, one to be sneezed at. Perhaps it's the pepper.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2003 06:10 pm
HUH?
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2003 06:47 pm
You're a whiz with words, Ma.
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2003 02:44 pm
Danon5, I kinda like that woid myself!

Remember the movie, "The Ghost and Mrs. Muir"? Now that ghost had a lovely beard, he was also very good-looking, which helped.

Now, I would have played Mrs. Muir for nothing if they had asked me, but they didn'tSad Embarrassed
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2003 02:46 pm
Debacle, had to get my handy-andy Atomica working on that one!

on·o·mat·o·poe·ia (ŏn'ə-măt'ə-pē'ə, -mä'tə-)
n.
The formation or use of words such as buzz or murmur that imitate the sounds associated with the objects or actions they refer to.
0 Replies

Debacle

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2003 05:05 pm
That's right, misti, though perhaps it only applies in my case, sorta suggestive of the sound I make when sneezing. It's not normal, mind you ... just one I force myself to emit in place of OH-SH*T!!! which is my natural inclination on such occasions.
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2003 05:15 pm
Ooooohhhhhh eeeewwwwww Debacle, now you've conjured up all sorts of sounds in my head .............. Embarrassed [/color]
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2003 08:59 pm
Misti
That Atomica is great. I use it all the time ;-)
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2003 09:08 pm
Gezzy, yup, I'd be lost without it:)

Are you dug out of the snow yet?
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2003 09:26 pm
Onomatopea? I thought that was an ornamental mat that Yoko keeps on the floor of her bathroom. Not unlike the little rug I keep on my upper lip. Had some chin-hair for a while in the late '60s, early '70s when such things were deemed fashionable, but people kept mistaking me for Here Comes Everybody and I can't sing a note on-key. So the chin-hairs hadda go. I must admit, though, that no woman ever complained, one way or the other.
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 06:01 am
Misti
There were lots of drifts and since the wind was blowing the right way, the snow didn't gather much at our house, so we actually didn't even have to shovel this time :-D
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 07:17 am
The Handlebar
Somewhere in the archives, amidst the pictures of baby baptisms and Thanksgivings at Nana's, is a professional photograph of a hippie-looking joe with a 12-string guitar. He has long Irish brown hair, down below his shoulder blades and a beard of reddish fluff that winds and soars in several directions till it joins the hair above his ears, which of course are not visible. What is visible, what makes the viewer's eyes open, is the mustache floating on the man's full upper lip. It is a natural handlebar of maple syrup auburn threads that bend into a perfect parentheses. There is no wax, no emollient of any kind holding it in that pose. It just grows the way that God intended for it to grow. When he sang his songs the tips of it bobbed and waved like a philharmonic conductor's hands.

====
In the middle of a hot July Tulsa night, while getting a long drink of water, the joe reached for the razor he used to cut back the wilder hairs of beard. The glory was gone in under three minutes, beard, sides and 'stache. He was washed, rinsed, patted dry, and back in bed in under five.
Morning came and his three year old held his face in wonder, his wife smiled into her coffee, and the joe looked out the window waiting for a song to come to him about that moment in the night.

Joe Nation
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 08:33 am
Joe, did the song ever come?
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 07:08 pm
Gezzy: It's good to know you're not below snow level as I was thinking of sending the troops:)

JoeN: Beautiful story, and the name of the song is ... ???
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2003 10:53 pm
LOL Misti. Thanks for the thought ;-)
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Tue 7 Jan, 2003 01:07 pm
Joe..what great thoughts..lovely. Id like to know the song myself but, just glad he shared.

Goatee on the man this weekend...gotta say...I liked it..best of both worlds. Smile

Send in the troops for Gezzy??? lol they'd never be heard from again, and love every minute of it Wink
Shes got the horses if she gets in trouble, shell be fine, Im sure. You just never know though..its good to have peeps lookin out anyway. Im more worried about ehbeth out on a dog walk dissappearing into a snowbank...shes just a little gal ya know, and with little dogs to boot!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Beards
  3. » Page 4
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/09/2024 at 06:28:27