Diane

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2005 10:56 am
Welcome to a2k, Bloggo. We are very lucky to have a diversity of talented people here who are generous with both their work and their support.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2005 02:43 pm
Thanks, Bloggo. Yes the "sketchiness" of the drawing reflects my intention of saying "just enough", and no more, to make my point.
Folks, if you have not already, you can see some of Bloggo's drawings in this forum, under "My Picture."
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Tue 4 Jul, 2006 08:59 pm
Eventually I'll learn how to post my later works. This is just to move this thread up in the forum.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 4 Jul, 2006 09:22 pm
Do you have your photos on cd's, JL?
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Tue 4 Jul, 2006 09:38 pm
Cds? What's that?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 4 Jul, 2006 09:41 pm
blinking... it's a plastic disc that you can get whoever develops and prints your film to put copies of the photos on.. which you can then download onto your computer and then put on a site like imageshack or photobucket ... in order to transfer to a2k...

alternately, you can scan photos to your computer...

someone smart will be along to help you soon..
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Tue 4 Jul, 2006 10:03 pm
My sweet guardian angel.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 5 Jul, 2006 12:01 am
JLN, Come and visit my travelogue on Russia.

Here
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 5 Jul, 2006 12:19 am
Your paintings, JL, fit extremely well in rooms likes this one ...

http://i6.tinypic.com/1z1wfwz.jpghttp://i6.tinypic.com/1z1wg2g.jpg

:wink:
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 5 Jul, 2006 03:31 am
Alright Walter, don't keep us in suspense!
Dys & Diane's place?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 5 Jul, 2006 05:09 am
At least, two of JL's paintings are fitting very well there, in that room Laughing
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Wed 5 Jul, 2006 10:32 am
Thanks, Walter. What a nicely decorated long room. It has the personality of an idealized New Mexico.
I'm glad to see that the owner has his rifle ready to protect my paintings against burglars.
Actually, my fantasy--as I said before--is that burglars break into my house and steal only my paintings. How flattering would THAT be?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 5 Jul, 2006 10:53 am
In all my years of having galleries and of carting around/having at home my own paintings, I've never had a painting stolen. Well, take that back, I did put one in the trash (gasp, yes) when I moved a few months ago. It was an early one, painted over thickly a couple of times, and was flaking. Yes, it was taken almost immediately from the trash... which doesn't count as theft, but made me feel weird.

One other time, some fella picked a small painting off the wall of another local gallery. People took after the guy but he was a fast runner. Quick calls to the police, and then to the local pawn shops.. memory fails, in that for some reason I think they got the painting back and caught the guy, but that might be wishful memory. Think they never did find him or it, that the gallery insurance had to pay the artist, that their insurance rates went up, and that it was hard on the business. Think the memory of a guy being caught was in a second incident in another gallery.

Sometimes in running a gallery I could envision waving a shotgun at passersby and yelling, "look in the window at least" at the top of my lungs. Lot of people don't look around them much.

JL's paintings work well whether they'd be on a stark gallery wall or in such a comfortable room as that shown...
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Wed 5 Jul, 2006 11:31 am
Thanks for the compliment, Osso. Much appreciated.
One of my strong drives in life is to have people just LOOK at my pictures. I remember going to the restroom of a bookstore where I had 15 paintings hanging for a month (June, 05), and when I returned to the store enjoyed the thrill of seeing Dyslexia actually looking for a long time (what seemed like a long time to me) at some of my hanging paintings. I could have married him. What a thrill.
Another strong drive, after food, temperature control, water and sex, is, as I said, to have my works stolen.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 5 Jul, 2006 12:16 pm
Hmmm, the one I had removed from our trash dumpster was a male nude, a painting I did in one of my advanced painting classes a hundred years ago. Perhaps that might suggest a new line of inquiry for you.. :wink:
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Wed 5 Jul, 2006 03:18 pm
I never do nudes of either gender. So I don't see the line of inquiry. Are you suggesting that I paint such topics to invite theft? Yeah, that's the ticket.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 5 Jul, 2006 03:21 pm
Yes, actually, though I was really kidding.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Wed 5 Jul, 2006 03:33 pm
Kidding? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Thu 6 Jul, 2006 11:17 am
Let's go a little further with osso's idea. Why don't you paint a nude using yourself as the model? You could post it on a2k for widespread appeal, then leave it outside where it could easily be stolen--probably for some rich, reclusive collector who relishes in older, nude, patrician looking men.

Pant, pant, pant.....

Osso, can you see him blushing?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 6 Jul, 2006 11:48 am
Yes, sweetly.
0 Replies