dyslexia

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 09:42 pm
AngeliqueEast wrote:
dyslexia wrote:
personally (and I told JLN this at the time) I think the painting is about magic.

I agree d. It reminds me of the short story Jonathan Livinston Seagull.

absolutely not, this is about crows, the magic of crows, the magic of flying and the kind of magic that Carlos Castaneda experienced as his own persoanal reality. Johnny Seagul was a vapid soporific compared to flying crows, So says the dys. Angelique, you need to find a better brujo.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 09:44 pm
Well, I like the painting, even if the birds turn out to be pteradactyls.
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 09:47 pm
dyslexia wrote:
AngeliqueEast wrote:
dyslexia wrote:
personally (and I told JLN this at the time) I think the painting is about magic.

I agree d. It reminds me of the short story Jonathan Livinston Seagull.

absolutely not, this is about crows, the magic of crows, the magic of flying and the kind of magic that Carlos Castaneda experienced as his own persoanal reality. Johnny Seagul was a vapid soporific compared to flying crows, So says the dys. Angelique, you need to find a better brujo.

I read four of his books, and found them questionable. I also read that his writings are a fraud.

People see different things in a painting. No reason to overwork your heart that way over it.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 09:51 pm
I am not into the words of Casteneda or the book about JLSeagull. I just like the painting for myself.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 09:58 pm
Dys bought another painting from JLN that I had seen a couple of years ago. I think JL calls it The End. I want dys to get it up on a2k as soon as possible. I was astounded to see it when dys got home from Phoenix, as it was one that I had very strong feelings about the first time I saw it online--to see it sitting in the living room was almost unbelievable. It is very powerful, doomed but magnificent--as, I suppose, the end of the world will be.

The other painting of the crows has a personality that changes the room where it is hung. Its magic, almost hidden complexity, wonder and freedom seem to create movement in the room. I love it.
It is bright with some primary colors, but it is very sophisticated and intelligent and demanding. It is the kind of painting one will never tire of.

I'm hooked, we need a larger house.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 10:04 pm
Not speaking to you two, who I know will put a painting up as it demands to you and you it -

but to many, who don't conceive of art in small places.

Me I have art on the wall going down to the basement, and art in the front porch. I suppose that where I am, the eye cries for a rest from art. Thus, I blink back at gallery visitors who say they have no room, though they love this or that.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 10:14 pm
Diane, I can't tell you how much your words nourish and motivate me. What more can the artist ask for?

Everyone must see this and all art work with their own eyes. If they see magic or seagulls or escaping crows, no matter what, they are doing creative work themselves.

pteradactyls, hmmmmmm.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 10:14 pm
I know what you mean, but we have so little wall space and positioning and space are very important to me and to dys. You did make me think about putting one of my paintings on a protected patio wall that would look wonderful.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 10:19 pm
Yes, JLN, each person sees something different in paintings. I think dys got a little prickly because he has so much respect for your work and feels somewhat protective of it and wants it compared to someone or something he respects.

Angelique, you have every right to compare the painting to something you care for. JLN's ego isn't so large that he must have certain words of praise, good Buddhist that he is. LOL.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 10:21 pm
I see my ego as an illusion, but as a very large one. Laughing
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 10:24 pm
But what would Nietze say???
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 10:25 pm
I'll have to ask my wife.
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 10:27 pm
Diane, I have no problem with JLN prickliness at all.

But if he is a Buddhist and seems to worship Castaneda, and the Yaqui Brujo Don Juan, now that I find interesting.

By the way I like d's painting, and if the other one is anything like the one d shared with us, I'm sure I will like it too.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 10:27 pm
Hah! She captured Dys's heart--and his ears.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 10:30 pm
Diane, and Dys grabbed her's too. Should we be concerned?
Angelique, prickly, moi?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 10:31 pm
deleted
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 10:34 pm
So sorry, thought you said d was Buddhist, and now I see you meant JLN. I meant I don't mind d being prickly.

sorry *turns red*

Forget that post please.
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 10:57 pm
Words can deceive. Critics and art gallery owners are good with the words especially when they want to sell art.

They are so articulate and intellectual in making others see what is not there.

I get this image of an artist hiding and watching how everyone is intellectualizing his work, and he is thinking how wrong they all are and laughing. It would make a great cartoon.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 11:01 pm
I'm an art gallery owner. I don't do that.
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2005 11:09 pm
Many do. Good for your honesty.

I watch them and listen very carefully, and wonder what the artist really meant or if this particular work of art is nothing but a joke intended by the artist.
0 Replies