Can I sue my cardiologist for this?

firefly

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2014 04:30 pm
@roger,
Quote:
Why on earth would a doctor lie if he knew you had an even somewhat condition? Just for the fun of it?

Actually, a doctor would wind up making more money if he found something he could treat you for, or do more tests to evaluate.
luismtzzz

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2014 04:35 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
Re: roger (Post 5729756)
Quote:
Why on earth would a doctor lie if he knew you had an even somewhat condition? Just for the fun of it?
Actually, a doctor would wind up making more money if he found something he could treat you for, or do more tests to evaluate.

Thats actually true. A dead patients is of no use. But a chronically sick patient is a gold mine for a bloodsucking doctor.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2014 04:46 pm
I was tempted to link a video of the Buffalo Springfield song, For What It's Worth, re the paranoia part of the lyrics, but no, I don't want to mock a poster who actually may have some paranoia kinds of problems - or not.

Rather I hope he (guessing poster is a he) will seek out his mental health professionals and talk about all this, including perhaps showing this thread as part of the discussion. I don't mean this as insulting, but possibly worthwhile.
jespah

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2014 05:12 pm
@firefly,
I know what the Terms of Service say.

I wrote them.

Going beyond offering basic advice (e. g. see a doctor, see a lawyer, here's how to find one), it gets tricky, I agree. But telling people what constitutes proof or a case gets into the practice of law.
disabled1

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2014 06:14 pm
@firefly,
Actually, that doesn't change the fact he lied.
disabled1

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2014 06:15 pm
@luismtzzz,
I'm not dead and was still lied to. You have a point but nothing changes the indisputable facts.
0 Replies

disabled1

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2014 06:16 pm
@ossobuco,
Actually, I do have paranoia problems and yes that would be mean. But then again, the whole internet is full of uncaring and dumb trolls such as I have witnessed here and in other forums.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2014 06:18 pm
@jespah,
Quote:
But telling people what constitutes proof or a case gets into the practice of law.

Simply informing someone of the definition of malpractice in the state in which they live is not practicing law. It was one way of addressing the title question of this thread. It's useful general information to help someone decide whether to seek professional advice from an attorney about a particular matter. If the general information isn't helpful to one poster, it might be helpful to another. It's no different than posting the definition of child abuse in a state if a poster asks whether a method of disciplining their child constitutes legal abuse. It's general information posted for educational purposes.

I think we have far more tricky areas with people giving medical/dental/veterinary advice--and the thread I posted earlier is an example of that.
http://able2know.org/topic/250265-1

That poster posted her lab work, and sought, and got, all sorts of medical and diagnostic opinions that went just beyond just see a doctor. And that sort of thing goes on all the time at A2K. Are the people who responded in that thread practicing medicine?

Was the medical opinion offered in this thread inappropriate? Should people with some expertise or bona fide professional credentials not offer opinions? Where should a line be drawn?

I think, If a poster is not purporting to be a professional, who is offering a specific professional opinion, all comments they make on this site should be considered as nothing more than opinion or advice from a layman. And any other poster, seeking advice, or opinion, should consider the replies they get as nothing more than that of another layman.

Isn't that the intention of the TOS? If not, I'm genuinely confused, and I'm not easily confused.

And why is this site still called Ask an Expert? That's one reason we have people coming here looking for some sort of expert opinion.

0 Replies

disabled1

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2014 06:24 pm
@luismtzzz,
You also don't seem to understand that doctors actually refuse information from people. I have been saving stories off the internet and it brings big smile to my face when ignoramuses such as yourself can be utterly destroyed with so many testimonies of doctors withholding and/or lying about tests. You are also willfully such as I have presented clear evidence of lies but you just put your finger in your ear.
roger

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2014 06:37 pm
@disabled1,
What? He's not my doctor and he isn't going to answer my questions. You go ask him.

What I am suggesting is that he had no motive to lie, and probably didn't. Waste your own time on this one. I'm done.
0 Replies

luismtzzz

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2014 06:46 pm
@disabled1,
You are the one that do not seems to understand.

I am pretty familiar with this kind of cases. I am a doctor myself and i know countless cases of collegues that commited terrible neglicencies, and stories of ill-formulated legal cases against inocent doctors that ended with their carrers damaged by a gutless patient that only wanted money.

Of course i know doctors that withhold information, i know those that are completely transparent. I know doctors who lie, and i know doctors that are completely honest.

You asked for an opinion. I had provided it as well as the other members gladily did it. I know of this medical-legal stuff. Do not make us think we lost our time. I think you expected everyone here to rapidly get by your side, and demonize the cardiologist. But we are partial, we do not know you, so we give a partial opinion. If you want to call us trolls for expresing our free opinons, then yes we are all trolls. I am also done with this thread.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2014 07:29 pm
Quote:
Disabled asked: Can I sue my cardiologist for this?

The golden rule with court cases of all kinds is to MAKE SURE YOU'LL WIN!
In other words you've got to have solid cast-iron PROOF, otherwise you could end up losing and having to pay lawyers fees for nothing.
For example my niece took her employer to court for alleged bullying, but she couldn't prove it, so the case was thrown out. Luckily for her she got free legal aid so she never had to pay anything.
If she'd come to me for advice before the case I'd have told her "forget about suing, you can't prove a sausage"
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2014 07:33 pm
@disabled1,
The answer to the question:

Can I sue my cardiologist for this?

is

Only if you can find a qualified attorney willing to take your case on a contingency basis, since you have said you are broke.

Continue to seek one out, if you want to pursue the matter.

I don't think anyone here can give you advice beyond that.

I have sincerely tried to be helpful to you, and I believe that was true of luismtzzz as well.

Good luck.

0 Replies