How to find a lawyer

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2014 04:06 pm
I need to find the best lawyer in Missouri, preferably Springfield area, for child custody case. Anyone know how to figure this out? Any references or names?

roger

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2014 04:43 pm
@Shark101,
You might do a search for angie's list. Springfield is probably big enough to have a few listings. It's definitely difficult to get a recommendation unless you know someone who has gone through the same thing.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2014 04:51 pm
@Shark101,
This is what the local Bar Association is for.
roger

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2014 05:59 pm
@jespah,
I tried that, Jespah. What I got was a selection of lawyers who claimed expertise in the field. Also, I tried Alzheimer's Association, as that was the central issue. Again, the fed me names from a list, one of whom wasn't engaged in that kind of practice. Sorry, but it didn't work for me.
jespah

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2014 06:38 pm
@roger,
Then they definitely fell down on the job when it came to your needs.
roger

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2014 06:57 pm
@jespah,
Indeed. They were about as useful as a phone directory.
0 Replies

Shark101

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2014 09:53 pm
Thanks for the suggestions! I agree it is hard to find a good attorney besides word of mouth. I'm new to the area which is difficult.
0 Replies

bankruptcycenter

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2014 02:20 am
Referrals may help but it is however recommended to meet each of the lawyers in person to get the real taste of professionalism.............
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2014 02:49 pm
@Shark101,
Shark101 wrote:
I need to find the best lawyer in Missouri, preferably Springfield area, for child custody case. Anyone know how to figure this out? Any references or names?

Avvo is not the absolute best source, but it might be a good place to start.

LINK to AVVO's Best Family Lawyers in Springfield
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2014 02:53 pm
Dunno bout America, but here in England anybody is allowed to be his/her own lawyer in court in any type of case if he doesn't want to have a lawyer.
If it's a simple case we don't need a lawyer to do our talking for us anyway..Smile
roger

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2014 03:01 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
I know someone who did that. It was a total disaster, and I don't believe he can allege incompetent council if he's attorney pro se.
Ticomaya

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2014 03:10 pm
@roger,
Pro se attorneys often have fools for clients.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2014 03:53 pm
Quote:
Roger said about defending yourself in court: I know someone who did that. It was a total disaster, and I don't believe he can allege incompetent council if he's attorney pro se.

Like I said, if it's a simple case we don't need a lawyer to talk for us.
I went through 7 court appearances myself over a 9-month period on a vigilante rap in 2002 and mistakenly let my lawyer do all the talking, and I ended up getting 3 months in jail.
Looking back, I should have given him the boot early on and defended myself and could have enjoyed strutting around the courtroom, I'd have made a great lawyer..Smile
Ticomaya

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2014 10:40 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
I went through 7 court appearances myself over a 9-month period on a vigilante rap in 2002 and mistakenly let my lawyer do all the talking, and I ended up getting 3 months in jail.

Oh, yes. You went to jail, so it must be your lawyer's fault. Rolling Eyes

Romeo Fabulini wrote:
Looking back, I should have given him the boot early on and defended myself and could have enjoyed strutting around the courtroom, I'd have made a great lawyer..Smile

You'd have probably gotten 12 months in jail if you'd done that.
roger

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2014 11:17 pm
@Ticomaya,
Yeah, but he would have had some fun to recall for the following 12 months.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2014 04:58 am
I should have been a lawyer myseslf because as a --ahem-- PC wargaming champion I'm able to see the big picture, and the same rules apply to court cases w2hich have to be broken down to their simplest uncluttered basics.
In fact people often ask my advice in discussion forums about court proceedings and charges they're facing because I myself have been there, dun that..Smile
0 Replies

bankruptcycenter

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2014 12:13 am
There are many good lawyers however it is always recommended that you shop around well......
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2014 08:33 am
OJ Simpsons lawyer team were very good, they confused and disoriented the jury until they were shell-shocked and dazed.
Juries are always the weakest link in the judicial system because if they're a bunch of bozos justice definitely isn't going to be served..

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/simpson-jury_zpsf59c1da7.png~original
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 13 Aug, 2014 12:59 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Quote:
Roger said about defending yourself in court: I know someone who did that. It was a total disaster, and I don't believe he can allege incompetent council if he's attorney pro se.
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Looking back, I should have given him the boot early on and defended myself and
could have enjoyed strutting around the courtroom, I'd have made a great lawyer..Smile
U can probably go back there
when thay r not using the courtroom, e.g. at lunchtime
or after court has adjourned for the day, before thay lock the door,
and u can still enjoy "strutting around the courtroom,"
with no lawyer talking, as u prefer.

If u like it enuf,
u can return ofen for more strutting,
when thay r not using that courtroom.

I advise against breaking in at night for strutting purposes,
unless that is in accordance with English law.

Let us know how it works out.

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 13 Aug, 2014 12:59 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Quote:
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Looking back, I should have given him the boot early on and defended myself and
could have enjoyed strutting around the courtroom, I'd have made a great lawyer..Smile
U can probably go back there
when thay r not using the courtroom, e.g. at lunchtime
or after court has adjourned for the day, before thay lock the door,
and u can still enjoy "strutting around the courtroom,"
with no lawyer talking, as u prefer.

If u like it enuf,
u can return ofen for more strutting,
when thay r not using that courtroom.

I advise against breaking in at night for strutting purposes,
unless that is in accordance with English law.

Let us know how it works out.

David
0 Replies