Brandon9000

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2014 08:27 pm
We see now the immense wisdom of the A2K policy of never banning anyone, no matter how disruptive.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2014 08:29 pm
I was staying overnight at my best friend's house and I watched with him and his family. I was 15. The next morning, the New York Times had in the biggest typeface I had ever seen them use for a headline: "Men On Moon."
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2014 09:49 pm
It was a really big deal around my house. We were over at my grandmother's who lived with her son, my awesome great-uncle. He was very progressive, not as loud and opinionated as most men in the area. Not your average guy.

My grandmother had the ironing out as she did when most enormous events unfolded on the TV - itself, something I don't think she entirely trusted. She's looking down ironing; he's sitting quietly watching in his big red chair.

We kids sat quietly, cross-legged in the floor in front of the TV.

No one portrayed any excitement. Not much was said. I remember thinking how bad the TV was on the moon.

I found out later my grandmother didn't believe it; her son did, but out of respect for her, he kept quiet. Those people never argued - or even shared divergent opinions - in front of the children.

There are at least two members of my generation in the extended family who think it may not have happened as portrayed. I didn't know how to respond when I heard this several years ago. I thought it was a joke and started with a laugh - and caught it in my throat because it's someone I love.

I think Set was right. It was too enormous to some people. When I imagine what constituted technology to them as they grew up, I have to have sympathy. It could conceivably be linked to religion for some people - a slippery slope, like homosexuality.

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2014 10:05 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:
I think Set was right. It was too enormous to some people.
Does that mean that thay definitionally
deemed the event to be too big a change to be believed ?
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2014 10:30 pm
Neil Armstrong said-"God bless you" in a TV broadcast from Apollo 11 thanking the spacecraft builders and technicians.

And they left a plaque inscribed with "Here men from the planet Earth first set foot upon the Moon. July 1969 AD". (AD of course means 'year of our lord')
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2014 10:37 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Yeah. I don't think they could grasp that people had engineered a successful method to visit the moon. How can you live a great part of your life in a world without cars, phones, and TVs - and now that suspicious box is making pictures of a rocketship with men in it, no less, and somehow, they figured out how to get to the moon! That moon? That I see up in the sky?

Not hardly. Smile
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2014 10:41 pm
@Lash,
No one of my acquaintance doubted
the authenticity of our landing on the Moon.

David
Lash

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2014 10:50 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
It's really odd to be confronted with a doubter.
Quehoniaomath

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2014 11:47 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
No one of my acquaintance doubted
the authenticity of our landing on the Moon.

So?
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2014 12:13 am
@Lash,
Quote:

The question is still is he for real or just having fun with the subject.
Quehoniaomath

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2014 03:36 am
@BillRM,
Quote:
The question is still is he for real or just having fun with the subject.

I am for real. Just start investigating the subject,
Have you seen the videos I posted? If not, why not?
If you start investigating it is so damned obvious it was all a hoax.

Here it is the same:
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRF6YdMBnIqhR9FCPUgCKNSwEEyrZz-GTkfyBbZFLhPkDbSwN_d
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2014 06:07 am
@BillRM,
Quote:
BillRM wrote:
The question is still is he for real
or just having fun with the subject.
That 's absolutely right.
I 've seen an allegedly real doubter on TV.
He was kind of low on the totem pole of society.
He was non-cogent.
Quehoniaomath

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2014 07:57 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
That 's absolutely right.
I 've seen an allegedly real doubter on TV.
He was kind of low on the totem pole of society.
He was non-cogent.

That is a non argument, the only question of importancde here is if it is true or not. So funny people seem to forget that when it comes to controversial topics.

please use some real go'old logic.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2014 08:20 am
@BillRM,
I was talking about someone you know - a family member who otherwise seems perfectly rational. This Q person here is ******* with you, Bill. I think most people have Q on ignore; he/she is just here to **** around...an increasingly popular activity around here, it seems.

BillRM

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2014 08:57 am
@Lash,
Yes, I am going to placed this person on ignore as he/she is getting more then slightly boring.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2014 09:00 am
I was very little when it happened. I can remember going outside to look at the moon and expecting to see a small spaceship orbiting it. I was very disappointed when the moon looked the same as always.

My younger brother had just been born, and my parents gave him Neil as a second name. Whenever anyone would ask the baby's name my mother would finish with, "the first baby on the moon." That joke got stale pretty bloody quickly I can tell you.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2014 09:01 am
As I has already stated I was lucky enough to see two of the moon ships taking off in fact I got to see the last one that was a night launch that was unbelievable.

How many others here was lucky enough to see some of those launches with their own eyes?
Quehoniaomath

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2014 09:47 am
@Lash,
Quote:
I was talking about someone you know - a family member who otherwise seems perfectly rational. This Q person here is ******* with you, Bill. I think most people have Q on ignore; he/she is just here to **** around...an increasingly popular activity around here, it seems.

No, I am not here to '**** around'. Why do you say that?
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2014 11:10 am
@BillRM,
Two votes down for asking if anyone else was lucky enough to had seen a moon launch in person on this thread?

Strange to say the least even for this website.

In any case, I remember driving up from Miami and my parents with my grandmother driving down from New Jersey to see the last moon launch in person.

To me it is awesome to think that my Grandmother was a young woman when the Wright first took off and here she was with me and my parents watching men go to the moon!!!!

0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2014 12:09 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Yes, I am going to placed this person on ignore as he/she is getting more then slightly boring.

I b'lieve I'll join you on that, Bill.