It's been forty frikkin' years!

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2012 05:03 pm
On the 11th December, 1972 two US Astronauts, Eugene Cernan and Harrison Schmitt, landed on the surface of the moon in the lunar capsule from Apollo 11. Doing so they became the last two men to date to pay a visit to our satellite. What has happened to NASA's space exploration plans? Forty years??? Give me a break.

roger

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2012 05:12 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
They decided machines would be more effective. The machines agreed.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2012 05:15 pm
@roger,
pisses me off
roger

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2012 05:19 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
My computer disagrees.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2012 05:44 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
but i heard on Coast to Coast AM that the Americans never went to the moon, went regularly for the last 40+ years, ancient civilizations went there many centuries or millenniums ago

geez, the moon is a busy place
Lustig Andrei

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2012 05:47 pm
@djjd62,
Oh yeah, I know. It was all filmed in the Nevada desert. Well, I wish to hell they'd go back there anyway.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2012 06:04 pm
The human touch cannot be duplicated, as yet. I would love to see people out there in my lifetime.
0 Replies

hater

Reply Mon 15 Jul, 2013 09:47 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
no on december 11 1972 2 astronauts PRETENDED to land on the moon.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Mon 15 Jul, 2013 09:48 pm
@hater,
Welcome to the real world, hater. Grope around. Try and find your own ass. It's around here somewhere.
hater

Reply Mon 15 Jul, 2013 09:50 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
do you just believe everything the government tells you? if so you're the one who needs help
Lustig Andrei

Reply Mon 15 Jul, 2013 09:57 pm
@hater,
do you just believe every dumb conspiracy theory that comes down the pike? The government's propensity for lying to the public has nothing whatever to do with it. You're going to tell me that three major television networks and who knows how many print journalists were all in on a hoax of this magnitude? Or that every one of them was so gullible as to be fooled by the government's "fakery"? I don't know why I bother talking to people like you. Your galloping paranoia is so sad it's pathetic. Go see a shrink, take some meds, do something to get your head on straight.
hater

Reply Mon 15 Jul, 2013 09:58 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
you're one to talk mr space cadet. star trek is NOT REAL. grow the ******* hell up old man
Brandon9000

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2013 10:11 pm
Don't rely on politicians for long term thinking. All they want is to be re-elected. They want to praise NASA while cutting its budget.
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2014 02:09 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Quote:
You're going to tell me that three major television networks and who knows how many print journalists were all in on a hoax of this magnitude?

You just don't know how it is done, mate!
It can be indeed be done and is very very simple.
All those 'journalists' ( there aren't any really) don't have to be 'in on a hoax"
Not neccesary at all!

0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2014 02:45 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Don't argue with them Lustig. It ain't worth it.

thack45

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2014 08:38 pm
The turn that this thread has taken was as predictable as the sunset. You know, if the sun actually existed
0 Replies

Artimas

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2014 10:57 pm
@hater,
If star trek isn't real, put down the ipads, the phones, etc. "Science fiction today ~ Science fact tomorrow" - Isaac Asimov
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2014 11:56 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Machines are simply better at space travel then humans.

There is nothing that humans can do in space that machines can't do better. Machines are cheaper than humans. Machines don't get hungry, or tired, or lonely, or sick. Machines can withstand harsher environments and they don't need a costly life support system.

And machines don't need a round trip ticket.

This trend isn't new. Machines have been taking over human activities for hundreds of years. When is the last time that a book was written by hand (rather than printed by machine)? I don't suppose anyone here is worried about this.

This isn't even a difficult question. Machines are superior to humans in space. There is really no reason to send humans at this point... and there won't be until the time we are ready to colonize.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2014 12:17 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:

This isn't even a difficult question. Machines are superior to humans in space. There is really no reason to send humans at this point..

\
Machines cannot come back and write us poems about deep space.

If you think I am being cavalier I am not. You dont seem to understand what humans care about.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2014 05:09 am
@maxdancona,
The ultimate goal is to make the human race a spacefaring species. We need to put people into space to get good at it so that we can put more people into space later. Machines can't effect the human colonization of the Moon and Mars.