medical malpractice

Lanece

Tue 15 Jul, 2014 05:04 pm
I had surgery to remove a small fatty tumor on my neck. Now i am unable to lift my arm up . I am in pain every day. I am unable to drive a car. And need the assistance of my husband to help me on putting shirts etc over my head. They scrapped the nerve in my shoulder area and never took an mri . Its been a year now and i have sought a lawyer but none came to my aid until today. One year later. He basically said i am screwed. There is another action against the surgeon i found out today too. Any one can they please help me. Thanks L S

jespah

Tue 15 Jul, 2014 05:10 pm
@Lanece,
Get your lawyer on the stick and tell him or her what you've written here. If that lawyer won't work, consult another one for a second opinion. But have them explain the Statute of Limitations to you, and whether it applies. It is very possible that you do not have a case but this is for an in-person lawyer to assess by looking over everything and not a bunch of folks on the Internet who may or may not be qualified to give you a definitive answer.
0 Replies

Germlat

Tue 15 Jul, 2014 07:27 pm
@Lanece,
If not able to sue, write a letter to the medical board and provide verifiable data to substantiate your claim. Also file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. You might also get some attention from the media, if the damage can be directly linked to the procedure. Have you contacted the surgeon lately? Keep a record of all correspondence. Request a copy of your medical records concerning the procedure and outcomes.
Lanece

Tue 15 Jul, 2014 08:39 pm
@Germlat,
I havent gotten ahold of any one and no i havent talked to her. I have tried since september to get a lawyer and no one would respond. This pain i am in is so horrible there are days that makes me wonder if its worth it. I finally got one and they told me its to late possibly. I dont know what to do or where to turn to
CalamityJane

Tue 15 Jul, 2014 08:50 pm
@Lanece,
It's never to late! No lawyer would respond? That's odd, how did you contact them? You need to seek legal council from an experienced malpractice firm and they surely will be able to help you. They immediately will get your medical records and have experts look at them and search for possible wrong doings.
0 Replies

Germlat

Wed 16 Jul, 2014 07:44 am
@Lanece,
I don't understand why a lawyer couldn't see you. Usually you can simply call to make an appointment (often a free consultation) and at that time you provide the details. Also--you need evidence based proof such as an MRI or assessment of another physician to prove your allegation....providing a list of symptoms alone won't get you anywhere. You'll have to prove your claim is not a fabrication designed to extract profit.
Lanece

Wed 16 Jul, 2014 07:50 am
@Germlat,
I tried to see them but all i got was one of our lawyers will call you back. No one ever did. I would have gotten any records or any papers i could if they would have called me or even told me what i needed. But they need to see the way i have to live now due to this bad surgeon
Germlat

Wed 16 Jul, 2014 08:49 am
@Lanece,
Try calling a lawyer in an another town(close to home). Be very persistent....someone will call you back. Have your medical records and another physician's assessment ready for review. The court system will only rely on the opinions of medical professionals . ...so take the records from the physician that has been following your progress or lack thereof. That will be the only proof you have.
0 Replies

bankruptcycenter

Thu 24 Jul, 2014 10:23 pm
Consult a lawyer today. there are strict laws in place of medical negligence. Such surgeons need to be punished....
0 Replies

Alex Cross

Fri 25 Jul, 2014 02:17 am
The physical and mental injuries from personal injuries require professional treatment. It’s important to find Personal injury lawyers to help guide you through the legal system and deal with insurance carriers.
0 Replies