What the Bible says about the Murrieta Anti-Immigrant Protesters

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2014 03:20 pm
Quote:

“Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

“They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

“He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

“Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

Matthew 25:41-46

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,066 • Replies: 15
No top replies

JTT

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2014 08:40 pm
@maxdancona,
That also describes those Americans who do not condemn and attempt to stop the war crimes and terrorism of the USA.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2014 09:01 pm
@JTT,
You know what JTTalloy? For an extremist, you are awfully dull.
JTT

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2014 09:05 pm
@maxdancona,
Again, you are not addressing these two virtually identical issues, Max. The only difference is that these immigrants are not being murdered, bombed into oblivion, covered with napalm or DU or agent orange, or having their breasts cut off or being skinned alive.

Those are the province of various USA governments.

If you are not condemning these vicious crimes, trying to stop them the you are part of them.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2014 09:06 pm
Does this translate in your mind to allowing everyone who enters the country illegally to stay?
maxdancona

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2014 09:38 pm
@Brandon9000,
Read the text for yourself Brandon.

To me it means, at the very least, not yelling hateful slogans at them... and that Jesus would look rather dimly at the demands of these protesters to abandon these kids.

I don't know how much you have read the Bible Brandon, there are other passages where Jesus showed mercy to people who broke the law... and there was more than one occasion that He himself broke the law because the needs of people were more important.

But you will have to judge for yourself (at least until the day you will be judged by Him).
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2014 10:11 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
Quote:

“Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

“They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

“He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

“Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

Interesting the way it starts. And you don't respect the people who believe that.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2014 10:16 pm
@coldjoint,
"He will say to those on his left"... Obviously Jesus is facing towards them.
coldjoint

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2014 10:27 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
"He will say to those on his left"... Obviously Jesus is facing towards them.

Maybe in your Bible.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2014 10:27 pm
http://wp.patheos.com.s3.amazonaws.com/blogs/exploringourmatrix/files/2013/09/Peanuts-and-Biblical-Principles.jpg
coldjoint

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2014 10:41 pm
@maxdancona,
All well and good. You raise all those things about Christianity and compare it to Islam? That right there shows you don't know what you are talking about. And certainly don't adhere to any of it.

For example, stop social injustice? Stop Islam. You will have no part of that.

But visiting prisoners does increase your base.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2014 08:12 am
@coldjoint,
There is very little difference between radical Christianity and radical Islam. We should stop both.

coldjoint

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2014 11:50 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:
There is very little difference between radical Christianity and radical Islam.

That is total bullshit. Where are the organized groups of Christians killing hundreds daily? Where in Christian doctrine does it say it is an obligation to kill or convert or subdue people of other faiths. You are listening to apologists who know just how stupid and uninformed you and so many others are.
JTT

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2014 01:41 pm
@coldjoint,
cj: That is total bullshit. Where are the organized groups of Christians killing hundreds daily?

The USA military, USA governments, ... .

cj: Where in Christian doctrine does it say it is an obligation to kill or convert or subdue people of other faiths.

That has been the doctrine of the usa's since it's inception. Before actually.

Cj: You are listening to apologists who know just how stupid and uninformed you and so many others are.

You, of all "people" should not be calling others stupid and uninformed, cj.

maxdancona

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2014 02:17 pm
@JTT,
Jeez! Now I have to side with ColdJoint because JTT is so nuts. This is damn uncomfortable.

JTT

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2014 03:14 pm
@maxdancona,
Of course it's uncomfortable, Max. You got yourself caught in a dilemma of your own doing and your increasingly coldjoint like posts reflect that.

It is incontrovertible fact that various USA governments have, from the get go, been responsible for the deaths of millions. All just to steal their wealth. That is sick, especially given the hypocritical propaganda that has hidden all this.

I've often wondered why a guy who seems to care about the oppressed could be so uncaring, so supportive of the evil the USA has heaped upon the poor of the planet.

You side with coldjoint. It will be a good fit for you.
0 Replies