black widow avengers

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2014 03:03 am
i am currently studying film studies as an A level and i was just wondering on what you things about the representation of woman superheros in modern day films?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 868 • Replies: 4
No top replies

rosborne979

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2014 05:29 am
@megmchugh,
You mean sexed-up super women in general, or just the Black Widow character specifically?
luismtzzz

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2014 07:36 am
@megmchugh,
There's a lack of female superheroes on films. And it seems that the tend will continue. The only solo female hero movie in production is wonder woman. Gal Gadot was chosen for the part. But the fandoms are very skeptical about her. They predict that it will be a failure as the Green Lantern movie.

Scarlet Johanson as Black Widow was well structured as a character. Appearing on multiple films is filling the gap for a female representation but remains as a secondary character always.

Xmen series tried to give storm a more important role on x2 and x3 but forgot about her later. With the new series first class and days of future past they are trying to give a current female villain a more importan role with Mystique. I think this occurred because of the fame Jennifer Lawrence had acquired and thus the character is being overrated.

Actual images of Avengers 2 show a Scarlet Witch dressed like a got girl. Well it was logical that Disney wouldn't use any of SW sluty attires. We must wait to see how they develop the character.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2014 12:36 pm
What about Xena?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xena:_Warrior_Princess
0 Replies

megmchugh

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2014 07:48 am
@rosborne979,
i just mean any super women in general if you could help
0 Replies