Economist needs help - Geology!

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2014 09:02 am
As the titles says I'm working currently on an economic project which involves geology data. I'm looking for a free software that produces a map of a country with regions that can be shaded according to appropriate numbers. The freeware shouldn't be to complex, because I have no idea how to use proper geology programmes. Wink

For example if the population of a certain region is very high then it would have a strong red colour on the map. I couldn't find anything helpful on the internet.. Many thanks in advance for your help!!

Robert

farmerman

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2014 10:57 am
@economists,
ROCKWARE can "rent you" geo programs and, in many cases, if youre part of a Uni program, the geo department I already using them and Im sure someone can give you assistance.

What sort of "geological" data are you trying to anlyze?
Population is hardly one of those.
DO YOU PERHAPS MEAN GEOGRAPHY?
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2014 08:35 pm
@economists,
If you are in the US, you will find it hard to acquire genuine geological data. Go for geoengineering - Much more interesting - Don't expect any maps there either.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2014 08:39 pm
@mark noble,
If you're mark noble, you have difficulty with everything. Go get lost, you ass hole! Nobody's interested in your opinion about US geological data.
mark noble

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2014 08:56 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Yes they are.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2014 08:59 pm
@mark noble,
I bet dollars to donuts farmerman has more knowledge about geology than you'll ever learn. Like I said, you look dumber with every post. Mr. Green
mark noble

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2014 05:24 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Yes, you are correct.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2014 05:54 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Thank you for not quoting.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2014 05:59 pm
@roger,