What would you do ?

JLNobody

Reply Mon 17 May, 2004 01:05 pm
I'm glad Joe changed the slant of the topic because, frankly, I don't know why people kept on discussing the matter after Soserene's response. We can't improve on it one bit.
0 Replies

Ameth A Morgana

Reply Tue 18 May, 2004 12:06 am
edgarblythe wrote:
No quandry here. I absolutely would not feel tempted to push the button.

B.S. - this is what I'd do the first time I pushed the button, I'd wish that it only ever killed those within five seconds from death (people are dieing all the time). This way I'd be doing very little harm, and, depending on what I wished for, very much good. Hell - by the second wish I could heal all the dieing (which is not to say I would), or put Bush out of office, or anything. That anyone would say that they wouldn't push that button is beyond me - it's pseudo imperialism.
0 Replies

JustanObserver

Reply Tue 18 May, 2004 08:19 am
Ameth A. Morgana wrote:
B.S. - this is what I'd do the first time I pushed the button, I'd wish that it only ever killed those within five seconds from death (people are dieing all the time). This way I'd be doing very little harm, and, depending on what I wished for, very much good. Hell - by the second wish I could heal all the dieing (which is not to say I would), or put Bush out of office, or anything. That anyone would say that they wouldn't push that button is beyond me - it's pseudo imperialism.

Hey! Thats a cop-out! No tampering with the button or who/how it kills... Twisted Evil

Just for that, I'm making a modification to the button: Whomever it kills will experience a PAINFUL death (no other qualifiers for the word. It might be a relatively long or short death, but certainly within 6 hours the person will be pushing up daisies).
0 Replies

Relative

Reply Tue 18 May, 2004 08:29 am
To be unwilling to sacrifice is to be impotent. The real question is, if I can paraphrase Gus:

"Do I really NEED another beer? Or should I switch to vodka.."

I am not for the 'let's save every life possible' and be impotent while doing that.
I say let's fight for the better of mankind, for greater understanding and greater Universe.
Let's fight for what is globally important, and let's fight for knowledge. And let's be brave.

Relative.
0 Replies