Sparce thinking on effective causation...

Reply Wed 2 Jul, 2014 08:56 am
I felt like rumble some words on "effective causation" as this sentence came to my mind while wondering with no specific direction just a while ago:

The very end tip of a spear, without the remaining of the spear behind it, causes nothing at all but a slight breeze on air. Triggers are not causes !
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 908 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 2 Jul, 2014 09:00 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:

I felt like rumble some words on "effective causation" as this sentence came to my mind while wondering with no specific direction just a while ago:

The very end tip of a spear, without the remaining of the spear behind it, causes nothing at all but a slight breeze on air. Triggers are not causes !

You been smokin'?
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Wed 2 Jul, 2014 09:06 am
@Frank Apisa,
I do smoke a Marlboro cig every 5 minutes but nothing else since I was 16 or so...it seams that in my case the problem is precisely not need any special smoking other then a simple Marlboro cig to come up with such unusual thinking... Cool

In any case, let me put it slightly differently if I can:
Facilitating transit of information amounts to the web of causing, but its not a cause per se.
0 Replies