I Want To Buy...

Pitter

Reply Sat 15 May, 2004 11:37 am
this house:

http://img4.photobucket.com/albums/0803/Pitter/casa/smallerstill.jpg

http://img4.photobucket.com/albums/0803/Pitter/casa/smallerstill3.jpg

It's up in a cloud forest outside Cali, Colombia. They're asking $57,000. It's got three acres, three bedrooms and two baths. It's kind of small and need paint. It borders a forest reserve full of White Faced Monkeys , orchids and all maner of birds. Problem is it's almost an hour up winding roads from the city with the last fifteen minutes rough unpaved. Some steep sections are easier in four wheel drive. The area is "safe" as in no guerrilla intrusions. What do ya think? I'm sure they'll come down in price since these properties are hard to sell. That's a lot of money here.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,477 • Replies: 11
No top replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 15 May, 2004 11:42 am
Nice place. If it was in CR, I'd go in for half.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 15 May, 2004 12:04 pm
Quote:
Problem is it's almost an hour up winding roads from the city with the last fifteen minutes rough unpaved.

What's it like in the rainy season?

The house itself looks lovely, but if I were you, I would really think hard before considering buying it. If you have to struggle every time you went into town for a quart of milk...................

Also, wouldn't it be very damp in a cloud forest? You might have major league mold and mildew problems.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 15 May, 2004 12:07 pm
It looks beautiful, pitter.
Is everyone in the family able to drive a vehicle that could get someone out in case of medical emergency (always my issue) ?
Are the roads safely usable year-round? No wash-outs, etc.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 15 May, 2004 12:09 pm
Other people are being practical. I'm just jealous.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sat 15 May, 2004 12:15 pm
what does your wife think about it?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 15 May, 2004 12:16 pm
Noddy- I'm jealous too. Monkeys, orchids and birds. It's a place to die for. But it's the practical streak in me that always wins out!
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sat 15 May, 2004 12:20 pm
If you dont buy it,I will!!!
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Sat 15 May, 2004 12:20 pm
Wow Pitter it's a beautiful house...do you need a maid? :wink:
0 Replies

Pitter

Reply Sun 16 May, 2004 05:32 am
Thanks everyone for the good advise. I'm thinking of buying it as a weekend place now which is really what it was designed for in the first place. My wife was about convinced to live there full time (under the condition I buy her a car with automatic transmission though a car would have been a real struggle to get up there) but then we both started having serious doubts about security and decided not to risk full time occupation.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 16 May, 2004 05:38 am
Pitter- A weekend place would make sense. You could bring in your supplies, and not have to go into town all weekend.

Good luck!
0 Replies

L R R Hood

Reply Sun 16 May, 2004 06:07 am
I think it would be a great vacation place Smile But I'm too practical as well, and I have a mold allergy... so I wouldn't buy it.

Or maybe you could buy it and have it moved closer to town Very Happy
0 Replies