Hairspray!

Reply Sat 15 May, 2004 05:04 am
I just saw the Toronto production of Hairspray and thought it was fantastic. Talk about high energy! The cast was very strong vocally, and the sets and coreography were great. Strangely, the funniest line of the night was not in the script, but spoken by a woman to her husband during intermission: "Is that Harvey Wienstein playing Tracy's mom?" Laughing Besides the fact that simply looking at the program would have told her it was not Harvey 'Firestein', I would have thought that the other Harvey would be far too busy running Miramax to appear as a drag queen on the stage.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,806 • Replies: 16
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 15 May, 2004 05:16 am
cmon, gimme a break. I thought Harvey Firestein made tires.
Not everybody is so well acquainted with the aspects of the musical theater. Like me , for instance. If it dont have a bass boat or some farm implements , it aint entertainment to me.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 15 May, 2004 05:22 am
You don't fool me farmerman, what with your frequenting the art forums and all. Musicals aren't generally my cup of tea, but I did enjoy this. I saw the John Waters movie some time ago, but never saw the show live.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 15 May, 2004 08:02 am
Im just a man, but I can change
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 15 May, 2004 12:21 pm
Hey, farmerman, maybe you and I should take Cav out for an evening. We'll get drunk, kick some ass, look for a little pussy, and maybe bust up a few mailboxes out on route 18.

We can't have the young mr. fancier participating in the girly stuff. Ain't good.
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Sat 15 May, 2004 12:29 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
We'll get drunk, kick some ass, look for a little pussy, and maybe bust up a few mailboxes out on route 18.

Golly gee gus, when you talk about that manly stuff you do it sends chills up and down my spine. Embarrassed
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 15 May, 2004 02:14 pm
Stop it gus, my sea breeze is coming out of my nose, and the umbrella is poking me in the eye.
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Sat 15 May, 2004 03:48 pm
I had the pleasure of meeting John Waters back in the 80's at the premier of Pink Flamingos at the Senator theatre in Towson MD. He was a very genuine guy.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 15 May, 2004 03:49 pm
I loved his cameo on The Simpsons.
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sat 15 May, 2004 03:54 pm
don't be silly Cav Simpson's closed years ago; you mean The Bay!

eh, why shouldn't i participate on a thread called "Hairspray"? Shocked
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 15 May, 2004 03:56 pm
Heh heh...seriously, it was a good show.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 15 May, 2004 03:58 pm
Now I hoid a rooma...(okay, it takes place in Baltimore, but I'm tryin' Brooklyn) that the lead girl in the T.O. show was a reject from American Idol. Well, if that doesn't just give it more 'camp' appeal....
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sat 15 May, 2004 04:04 pm
hmm; "American Idol"?

that must be some extremist religious group!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 15 May, 2004 05:00 pm
Run by a Brit no less...
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sat 15 May, 2004 05:12 pm
cavfancier wrote:
Run by a Brit no less...

we don't have any Brit............or should that be Britany?
0 Replies

kslater89

Reply Sun 8 May, 2005 09:17 am
Hairspray... great musical... imo the accents on the casts voices are amazing because... i know i have alot of trouble with variations in my singing voice... but fortunately i was able to meet some of the cast from my music teacher and they are very nice people, and... "you' cant stop the beat" is like one of my favs.... My VE class actually performed that song for show choir and made superiors at both districts and state
0 Replies

voldemort

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2005 12:04 pm
i love it when i saw it! i saw it right after the whole "Wardrobe Malfunction" at the superbowl with Janet Jackson! it was funn because i think something went wrong in the show so they were trying to stall for time and they broght the whole WM thing into it and i couldnt stop laughing!
0 Replies