Uneven, spotty hair bleaching job-- help/suggestions?

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2014 12:08 am
Okay, so here's the thing... I got bored with my short, naturally dark brown hair. So, because I'm cheap, I bought a White Out hair 40 proof hair bleaching kit and Virgin Snow toner from Hot Topic. The plan was to make my hair stark white.

Of course, I wouldn't be asking this question if everything went as planned. Long story short: there is a very dark spot in my not-quite-platinum hair that's about half the size of my palm. Part of the dark spot is in my bangs and is visible from the front, so I'd like to fix it if possible. Can I spot bleach it? Is there anything I can do to get rid of the spot?

Cutting it is not an option and I can't dye it dark again... Any suggestions aside from those would be fantastic!

View best answer, chosen by Riddle Me This
jespah
  Selected Answer

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2014 05:18 am
@Riddle Me This,
You might want to see a pro. I'm suggesting this because, just in general, going lighter is a lot more difficult than going darker (going darker can be covered up if you screw up). You might end up really damaging your hair if you keep rebleaching it.
Riddle Me This

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2014 01:47 pm
@jespah,
Thank you for the answer!
If my situation was a bit different, I would probably do just that--go to a professional. However, I live in a fairly small town where the few surviving hair salons feel no need to price competitively. It's ridiculous, but nearly everywhere you go in this town will charge you a minimum of 100 dollars for touch-up work that doesn't involve bleach. I can't really afford that.

There is always the option of driving a couple of hours to get to the nearest, larger city... I guess I'm just a little apprehensive about doing so.
jespah

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2014 01:52 pm
@Riddle Me This,
Hmm, can you make a day of it? Bleach your hair, have a nice lunch, .... Smile
Riddle Me This

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2014 06:56 pm
@jespah,
I think I might just do that. Thanks! Smile
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2014 07:04 pm
One of my employees bleaches. She moved to WA a year ago from NJ. She did not get it done for 6 months because she was trying to find out where to go. Very few hair people know how to bleach, and if they mess it up the result is disaster.

Not only do go to the big city, but do your best to find one of the few people there who know how to bleach hair.
0 Replies

cjoye07

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2014 08:50 am
@Riddle Me This,
If the rest of your hair is the desired color, then it means you just missed a spot. Just go over the brown spot ONLY with bleach again. No need to spend $100 at the salon.
0 Replies

vividamnesia

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2014 04:20 am
@Riddle Me This,
Yes you can spot bleach it. Put conditioner around the already bleached hair to protect it from further bleaching & damage & securely clip all bleached hair near the spot out of the way for accurate application to the spot & protection.
0 Replies