Morally obliged not to be degraded?

cavfancier

Reply Sat 22 May, 2004 01:10 am
'Tis no worry wildflower. You are forgiven! We're all guilty of being misundertood once in a while.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 22 May, 2004 08:57 am
joefromchicago wrote:
OCCOM BILL wrote:
Because I see no moral obligation. Since I can't prove a negative, I can't elaborate. Perhaps I'm just immoral.

There's nothing here about proving a negative, O'BILL. Either something is a moral obligation or it's not.
From your link Joe:
Quote:
Secondly, a person who rejects an assertion does not need to provide any justification for it. The evidence has to be provided by the party making the assertion.
I am rejecting your assertion that a moral obligation exists. I will happily refute any justification you care to offer as to why the obligation to exists. Until then, according to your rules, the burden of proof is on you. Cool
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Sat 22 May, 2004 11:26 am
OCCOM BILL wrote:
I am rejecting your assertion that a moral obligation exists. I will happily refute any justification you care to offer as to why the obligation to exists. Until then, according to your rules, the burden of proof is on you. Cool

Show me the post where I made that assertion and I will defend it. Until then, you are arguing with a strawman -- and the strawman is winning.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 22 May, 2004 01:58 pm
Joe, you introduced the idea that a moral obligation exists. I've stated "no" it does not. Per your own link; it is your burden to demonstrate that it does. I am arguing no Strawman... I am not arguing at all... and wont until you fulfill your burden of proof. Until then, my answer remains a simple "NO". :wink: If you prefer, you can simply accept the "NO" as my opinion. But please stop attempting to shift your burden of proof onto me. I'm not biting. Cool
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 22 May, 2004 02:14 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
Joe, you introduced the idea that a moral obligation exists. I've stated "no" it does not. Per your own link; it is your burden to demonstrate that it does. I am arguing no Strawman... I am not arguing at all... and wont until you fulfill your burden of proof. Until then, my answer remains a simple "NO". :wink: If you prefer, you can simply accept the "NO" as my opinion. But please stop attempting to shift your burden of proof onto me. I'm not biting. Cool

Seeing as Joe raised a 'hypothetical', the two of you can argue this until the cows come home. Uh oh, there's the doorbell. I'm coming Bessie!
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Sat 22 May, 2004 03:32 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:

Well, first you said that I made an assertion that I was obligated to defend. When pressed to identify that assertion, however, you changed direction. Now you say that, since you made an assertion, I am, for some reason, required to make and defend an assertion that is contrary to yours.

Sorry, BILL, it just doesn't work that way. Cavfancier is correct: I posed a hypothetical, not an argument. If you choose to make an assertion based upon that hypothetical, then you should also be able to support that assertion with something more than a mere "sez me." Your argument, however, is in no way enhanced by your attempts to force me to take a position that I have never taken in order to deflect attention from the nakedness of your own assertions.

But I will not press the point any further. Obviously, you are not capable of supporting your argument beyond your pitiable squeak of a "no." I am satisfied that you have reached your intellectual limits, and will not ask you to expand upon your threadbare argument.
0 Replies

Wildflower63

Reply Sat 22 May, 2004 06:42 pm
Joe, if I am correct, you are stating the cash part is a problem? What part of the problem is this exactly? What are women expected of? Concentual sex can be in terms of a cash deal where both parties go home happy. Are women supposed to give a man anything he wants and expect nothing? I don't think so.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 22 May, 2004 06:48 pm
Still not biting Joe. Consider me beyond my intellectual limits if you wish, that is your prerogative, oh mighty one. You'll not attract debate from me by hurling petty insults (Only Hobit gets away with that). Good day.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Mon 24 May, 2004 08:49 am
Wildflower63 wrote:
Joe, if I am correct, you are stating the cash part is a problem? What part of the problem is this exactly? What are women expected of? Concentual sex can be in terms of a cash deal where both parties go home happy. Are women supposed to give a man anything he wants and expect nothing? I don't think so.

Uh, Wildflower, it was a joke.
0 Replies