Slave Morality world vs. Master morality world? Which one do you want to live in? why?

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2014 10:25 pm

In which world would you rather live; one dominated by slave morality and concern for the well being of the many, or, one in which master morality and glorification of the great is emphasized?
Why would you prefer to live under this model of morality?

I want to see what people have in mind for this.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 5 • Views: 3,894 • Replies: 16

JLNobody

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2014 11:14 pm
@mizztaurus86,
Slave morality--that which Nietzsche described--was an adaptation to slavery; it taught slaves that their weakness was essentially a form of virtue (they shall inherit the earth because of it). But as I see it if the world ever evolved such that it was ruled by ubermenchen the morality of the slave would not be necessary.
0 Replies

Buttermilk

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2014 08:45 am
@mizztaurus86,
I tend to not believe in free will (I believe our abilities to Will, are based on the environment) so in essence based on that logic we all live in a slave morality.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2014 10:43 am
This is one of those "have you stopped beating your wife" questions, a loaded question--a question the premise of which one has to accept in order to answer it on the questioner's terms. I reject that.

As I would not be a slave, so I would not be a master.

--Abraham Lincoln
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2014 10:46 am
@mizztaurus86,
Any morality is a form of slavery. The question is which one do you believe and commit to ?
0 Replies

Buttermilk

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2014 12:26 pm
@Setanta,
Lincoln also believed blacks werent equal to whites **** Lincoln
Setanta

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2014 12:31 pm
@Buttermilk,
I doubt that you can state with certainty what Lincoln believed. Nevertheless, it does not diminish the sentiment he expressed. You f*ck whomever you like, clown, and keep your hostility to yourself. I've done nothing to deserve your abuse.
Buttermilk

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2014 12:43 pm
@Setanta,
Really shall I encourage you to use google or shall I link it for you? And shut the **** up about "deserving my abuse" you made a comment calling me to the like of a "dumbass" in a thread I kept quiet on so **** YOU.
Buttermilk

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2014 12:47 pm
"I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been in favor of bringing about in anyway the social and political equality of the white and black races - that I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race. I say upon this occasion I do not perceive that because the white man is to have the superior position the negro should be denied everything." **** Lincoln

-Abraham Lincoln
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2014 12:49 pm
@Buttermilk,
You try f*cking me, hotshot, and see har far you get. You're queer, huh? I'm not, i have no interest in your salacious propositions. Do us both a favor, and put me on ignore, because i've never seen you post much that was worth reading.
Buttermilk

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2014 12:51 pm
@Setanta,
No Bitch you put me on ignore. Be like your punk ass pomaranian and scurry on
0 Replies

Buttermilk

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2014 12:56 pm
Also Bitch I wasn't making threads about your dumb ass in fact like other people, I was defending your stupid ass. Despite my dislike of you, I'm not going to take time and dedicate a thread about you.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2014 01:10 pm
I don't put people on ignore. I don't need electronic help to deal with stupidity. Yeah, you're a real hero, the common internet variety. Bitch.
0 Replies

Buttermilk

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2014 05:54 pm
Not knowing the gender of your avatar you're still a Bitch. You want to go back and forth?
Setanta

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2014 12:57 am
@Buttermilk,
That seems to be what you're up to. That seems to be your mentality. Without knowing your gender, i'm calling you bitch. It's entirely up to you whether this continues.
0 Replies

kiuku

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2014 05:54 pm
@mizztaurus86,
I'd rather people have morals, to be quite honest.
0 Replies

Razzleg

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2014 09:47 pm
@mizztaurus86,
mizztaurus86 wrote:

In which world would you rather live; one dominated by slave morality and concern for the well being of the many, or, one in which master morality and glorification of the great is emphasized?
Why would you prefer to live under this model of morality?

I want to see what people have in mind for this.

It's a false dichotomy, and a broad misunderstanding of both Nietzsche and Hegel. There is nothing that separates the celebration of greatness from care for, and between the members of, "the masses" (ie, pretty much all of us). If anything, morally speaking, they are intrinsically connected, a point that even most amoralists are willing to concede .
0 Replies