visitation rights with a registered sex offender?

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2014 05:19 am
A friend of mine has a child. This child is 2 years old. Child's father is a convicted and registered sex offender. If my friends pursues child support, will the father have visitation rights? Also, the child was conceived from rape. Nothing was ever filed. If said father tries to get rights would it he possible to file against him now?
Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2014 06:01 am
Your friend should see a lawyer. I doubt that anyone on an anonymous internet site like this could possibly answer such an important and difficult legal question.

Only a lawyer with access to all of the relevant information can answer these questions.
Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2014 06:23 am
Yep (and Good Morning, Max).

This is what family lawyers went to school for. Your friend needs to go and meet with one (and contact the Bar Association if she cannot afford an attorney, to be put in touch with lawyers who can work out payment plans with her).
0 Replies

Related Topics

  1. Forums
  2. » visitation rights with a registered sex offender?
Copyright © 2022 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 01/19/2022 at 11:34:26