All atheists and theists are agnostics?

kiuku

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2014 06:02 pm
@Cyracuz,
you need to bring this to court then, to change the definition.
kiuku

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2014 06:03 pm
@Setanta,
you obviously know something about my ontology, roughly stated, what I observe and take data on, and theorize. Is it a joke though? or are you just posting a duck?

Because I think it's funny; either that or I'm incredibly high somehow, because I think things are funny, and no one else does.

Everyone else: Just posting a duck? Hmm, I dunno.
Germlat

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2014 06:06 pm
@kiuku,
Take a hint about the sitting duck.
kiuku

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2014 06:07 pm
@Germlat,
"God has never contacted me. Has he contacted you? "

well, I can't answer that question can I?
kiuku

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2014 06:10 pm
@Germlat,
well not really. What if I want to talk about the ducks in the context of the above discussion, as it relates, and someone brought it up?

Good thing someone brought it up.

...What if I want to talk about specifically that?

Well it's just that, I have made a linguistic and theoretical work that involves it now, now it's linguistic and theoretical for sure, and it's not just b.s., not that it ever was, but I'm going to publish my work.

Why do you know that though?
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2014 06:13 pm
@kiuku,
Nah. As with most words, the definition serves to explain how the word is used. In a philosophical examination of the word, rather than contextual use of it, the definition may be shown to be problematical.

I think I was the one to start dragging definitions into this. A mistake, and one made in the effort of posturing and strutting for it's own sake. Towards the point I wanted to make it did not serve. Oh well. I come her for kicks and laughs. Not only to compare ideas with like minded people, but also to measure proverbial dick size in foolish, though engaging and perversely entertaining, games.
kiuku

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2014 06:14 pm
@Cyracuz,
well no, I've seen atheists do it before. It seems like, that is a real contention, that semantics change the meaning of the passage to something more wishy washy, not really atheist. So...then you can change it then. Because definitions are serious.

are you from syracuse?
0 Replies

kiuku

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2014 06:25 pm
@kiuku,
"@Germlat,

well, I can't answer that question can I? ""

Per the above; I don't know. Show me someone who also translates Egyptian. Regarding the above, Egyptian hasn't been translated since Ptolemy. At all, though.

Maybe you people do. According to history, and my knowledge of government study and grants I guess, if they are real, no one has translated Egyptian since Ptolemy. No one has translated Aramaic either.

You know what I want to post right now, that has me laughing. You know what it is. Why is it exactly the same as what I write? You know what image graphic I want to post right now, that's all I'm saying.

It's a rational world.
0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2014 06:38 pm
@kiuku,
I already stated that...read more carefully. Your world is irrational
kiuku

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2014 06:44 pm
@Germlat,
don't call it my world, call it a perspective that continues to advance. I'm not living under a belief system or ideology. I really don't have "a world" at all actually. That's very off putting. I'm living less brightly than other people do which means I'm not practicing an ideology, as a proof, no really.

My world is irrational, here is 1 + 2. You know? What about 3 and 4? I'm hungry.

How is my world -view- irrational? I don't have a world. But I have a world view and it's rational...sighs. That's so off putting. Like, I think, you have the things you meant to say but, given the context, they no longer apply.

So you believe in _____? lol. Or do you? I don't know. And there you can tell me my world is irrational, if I believe it, only. I think I'm more rational, or..well than a great many, like, as far as I can tell, things that people believe, as far as I can tell, that I find in, government owned buildings, called museums, that I have debunked---over a great many I am, and that's all I have to be to be considered most rational. Though, I agree maybe there are many liars, possibly...but I wouldn't know. I wouldn't say it's the most rational, though it appeals.

My world view is rational, it is linguistic, theoretically abled by linguistics (world -view- by the way, not world just.)

I don't live in it.

Oh here's some famous words "In it not of it."

I sort of have less colors on, and this is a proof, that I'm not in it.

I know, it's insulting because I have left an undercover despotic psy ops, propaganda program, or compound in which I was not allowed, principally, to view the 'real' world. I just got out of, jail basically. That's why it is insulting, because I think I have more reason as a result, that I know, some things are purposely misleading. I know many parts which are fake, like guys come on it's like someone who just discovered the Easter bunny..sort of.
Cyracuz

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2014 07:03 pm
@kiuku,
Quote:

I have had experiences, sometimes drug induced, where I have felt the immediate presence of something vast and intangible. I have perceived the universe as a singular phenomenon. A creature of infinite mystery.
And it was always emotionally anchored. It was not so much an intellectual comprehension as an emotional sense of connection.
I find value and comfort in God as an idea, not as an entity. The existence or non-existence of this God is irrelevant because it's value is in the experience, not in the explanation of it.

I understand that God is not speaking to me. It's the drugs, or it's the focus of my meditation. And it feels great. But that's all it is. A feeling. No need to start a religion over it.
It doesn't make me a theist that I have emotional experiences of existing within something that fits every description of what God may be.

In the end it's all just semantics. Some call it god, while others speak in terms of natural process. Whatever gives emotional resonance.
But while every human being has these experiences, we can't seem to agree on the words to describe it. So we have religions and secular belief systems, and from this perspective there is little real difference between a theistic and an atheistic belief system.
0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2014 07:03 pm
@kiuku,
You sound like a burnt-out hippie.
Germlat

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2014 08:04 pm
@Germlat,
Wooops....that wasn't meant for you but for cyracuz
0 Replies

kiuku

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2014 08:07 pm
@Germlat,
We'll no. My point is here that ...this quote your world is irrational, only if I don't figure things out though, ...really

Literally prior to 2010, correcting establishments

Briefly it isn't my world. I joined a monastery.

Well like I said someone knows it Egyptian or I can answer that question. I won't answer that question until someone acknowledges that only I know Egyptian...responding to that post requires answering.

Clearing throat..." not your nut job."
Germlat

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2014 08:13 pm
@kiuku,
Well joining a monastery doesn't give you a free pass. I have no idea how the Egyptians figure into the equation or what that's supposed to prove.
kiuku

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2014 08:15 pm
@Germlat,
It certainly does. My lifestyle does too on top of that. I meant Egyptian the language, ancient.
Germlat

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2014 08:16 pm
@kiuku,
How so?
kiuku

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2014 08:17 pm
@Germlat,
Called rejecting the world
kiuku

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2014 08:58 pm
@kiuku,
On Egyptian and other, figuring things out, well one possibility is that one among you is the devil, and I am his genetic daughter. Obviously someone else must know it and is therefore hiding it...if
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2014 02:16 am
The water fowl in the picture is not a duck . . .

. . . it's a loon. Not that i expect you to understand that, either.