How to get a girl at the 8th grade prom (quick!)?

LoneWolf2981

Reply Fri 30 May, 2014 05:21 pm
if anyone has any good ideas just post all ideas are wanted
Ragman

Reply Fri 30 May, 2014 05:23 pm
@LoneWolf2981,
Why ask for more ideas when you aren't paying attention to those that were offered to you? What is your idea 'cause you know the situation better than anyone.

Before a few of us had asked about you about where the money will come from for the corsage..limo..etc. that goes along with a prom?
LoneWolf2981

Reply Fri 30 May, 2014 05:30 pm
@Ragman,
wait what! i just want a sample of the public view of things
kinda like a science experiment
dependent variable my nerdyness
independent ur commets
control my back up plan
0 Replies

LoneWolf2981

Reply Fri 30 May, 2014 05:40 pm
ok ill ask one girl from my science class on monday if it doesne work ill dont no what to do ok
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 30 May, 2014 06:08 pm
Wolfie stop being a wimp and stand up to your old man, then girls will like you for having balls..Smile
ossobuco

Reply Fri 30 May, 2014 06:17 pm
@PUNKEY,
I was wondering about that, Punkey.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 30 May, 2014 06:19 pm
@LoneWolf2981,
Yes it is, to a lot of us here. The serious proms, and the bigger money, were in the junior and senior years of high school..
Maybe that's changed in the last few years in some places, but I sort of doubt it.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 30 May, 2014 06:55 pm
you could tell pops that you struck out with all of the girls, so you are going with your friend Ethan, as a couple, if you have to go.
0 Replies

LoneWolf2981

Reply Fri 30 May, 2014 07:02 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
i have ballz! k
0 Replies

LoneWolf2981

Reply Fri 30 May, 2014 07:03 pm
@ossobuco,
ok thx
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Fri 30 May, 2014 07:03 pm
@LoneWolf2981,
It is ok to go by yourself and just ask girls to dance. It is also ok to find a group of guys that are going and ask to join in. Lots of 8th grade dance people go in large group dates to avoid the pressures of dating. When my oldest went, he was in a group of five guys and five girls. There are also plenty of girls going alone or with their girl friends.

Go ahead and do this, even if you do it alone. Get this first dance out of your system. 8th grade is easy compared to waiting until you are in high school. One more thought. You seem like a smart guy and that is going to work against you. I'm sure you are worried about all the things you think you have to do, all the logistics, all the potential things that can go wrong. Your ignorance of what to do is paralyzing you. Forget all of that and just go for it. The worst that can happen is you don't have a good time.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 30 May, 2014 07:17 pm
@engineer,
Quote:
Go ahead and do this, even if you do it alone. Get this first dance out of your system.

Seriously, around here at least school dances are dying due to lack of interest, and those who go take them less seriously, very often going in large same sex groups. 10 years ago doing this was an embarrassing admission that you could not get a date. No more.
LoneWolf2981

Reply Fri 30 May, 2014 09:03 pm
@hawkeye10,
Yes or right a lot of people are not going
0 Replies

LoneWolf2981

Reply Fri 30 May, 2014 09:05 pm
@engineer,
U seem smart as well but exactly how is logic and smarts gonna work against me
engineer

Reply Sat 31 May, 2014 04:45 am
@LoneWolf2981,
Logic and smarts work against you because they paralyze you. You've never done this before therefore your first thought is you need a plan, you have to figure out where to eat, how to dress, what to say, what's going to happen if she says yes, if she says no, etc. Since you don't have any experience, you can't really project those answers so you slow down, freeze, maybe back out. Just decide you are going. Just ask someone to go with you and be content if they say no because you can go on your own. Like many teens, I spent many hours worrying about things that seem completely laughable now. Just do it and work out the details on the fly.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 31 May, 2014 05:00 am
@LoneWolf2981,
EITHER: Refuse to attend it
or
go alone n return early.
0 Replies

LoneWolf2981

Reply Sat 31 May, 2014 09:55 am
@engineer,
are u sure? this idea seems very unstable to me
engineer

Reply Sat 31 May, 2014 10:22 am
@LoneWolf2981,
You are trying to get a date, not build a bridge. The price of failure is minimal. Go for it, learn from it, save your angst for something else. How do you think all the guys who can't figure out how to start their playstations got dates? It wasn't because they had a great plan, it was because they went up to someone and asked.
ehBeth

Reply Sat 31 May, 2014 10:32 am
@LoneWolf2981,
LoneWolf2981 wrote:

U seem smart as well but exactly how is logic and smarts gonna work against me

they slow you down - you'll spend more time thinking than doing

___

the thing is - you just need to ask someone because if you don't ask someone, there's no one who can say yes
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 31 May, 2014 10:53 am
@LoneWolf2981,
I believe that u 'll find that the LESS
u care about a girl whom u invite (the less value
that u attribute to her), the EASIER it will be for u
to get up the courage to ask her out.

Concomitantly, the MORE that u care about the girl,
the scarier it will be for u to approach her
and (assuming that u r a normal human) your fear will increase
as u get closer to her, moving u to turn around and chicken out.
That is called: "an approach-avoidance reaction".

The best love-life advice that I ever heard was: "Don t take them seriously."

David