nononono

Reply Mon 26 May, 2014 04:46 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
dad claims that he is moms equal but we do what mom wants to keep the peace. This is the male role model young men have as day in and day out they are taught in school that girls get the privileges and that boys suck.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boys_are_stupid,_throw_rocks_at_them!_controversy
vikorr

Reply Mon 26 May, 2014 04:48 am
@hawkeye10,
I rather agree Hawkeye

In relation to concepts that contribute to a victim culture - the reason I raise it is this : a concept that contributes to a victim culture is one that focuses on what you can't control (and therefore gives people the excuse to not try)...while one that empowers people focuses on what they can control.

'Truth' acknowledges that both sides exist 'I can't control that, but I can control this'

Many people don't understand this.
vikorr

Reply Mon 26 May, 2014 04:53 am
@nononono,
I notice Nonono, that even while stating you fail to see how you are contributing to victim culture - you fail to acknowledge one single area in this area where men have control, nor one single thing that they have power over - including themselves.

Your ideas disempower because they present themselves as fact while ignoring completely the aspects that empower. You give men excuses to not even try. So yes - you are indeed contributing to a victim culture with these ideas.
nononono

Reply Mon 26 May, 2014 04:58 am
@vikorr,
Quote:
In relation to concepts that contribute to a victim culture - the reason I raise it is this : a concept that contributes to a victim culture is one that focuses on what you can't control (and therefore gives people the excuse to not try)...while one that empowers people focuses on what they can control.

'Truth' acknowledges that both sides exist 'I can't control that, but I can control this'

Many people don't understand this.

You can not control being born as part of the gender that has (far) less control over which genes continue on into the future of humanity.

You CAN decide to be happy in spite of this reality. You can find other things in life that result in enjoyment. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this approach. I want anyone with a good head on their shoulders to be happy. But it should be noted that as biological entities perhaps the strongest drive in a human being is to see their genes passed on into the future. When as a man you realize that you have significantly less control over whether this happens or not than a woman does, that can tend to cause great mental and emotional distress. You can fool or distract yourself, but it's ultimately just that; a distraction or a trick.
nononono

Reply Mon 26 May, 2014 05:03 am
@vikorr,
Quote:
you are indeed contributing to a victim culture with these ideas.

Again, feminism is by far the biggest purveyor of victim hood. Everything under the sun is the fault of men. It's a tool for not taking responsibility for women's OWN actions.
vikorr

Reply Mon 26 May, 2014 05:07 am
@nononono,
Noting is all well and good.

I'm glad you are changing your stance (the degree is unclear), for the original one where you were presenting a single aspect a 'the fact, the whole fact, and nothing but the fact' was not truth nor 'fact', and victim inducing.

Quote:
When as a man you realize that you have significantly less control over whether this happens or not than a woman does
As a correction 'when some men realise...'

Other men have no trouble at all passing on their genes...through many women.

Quote:
You can fool or distract yourself, but it's ultimately just that; a distraction or a trick.
Which would modify the you to 'they'
nononono

Reply Mon 26 May, 2014 05:10 am
@vikorr,
Quote:
Noting is all well and good.

I'm glad you are changing your stance (the degree is unclear), for the original one where you were presenting a single aspect a 'the fact, the whole fact, and nothing but the fact' was not truth nor 'fact'.

Quote:
When as a man you realize that you have significantly less control over whether this happens or not than a woman does
As a correction 'when some men realise...'

Other men have no trouble at all passing on their genes...through many women.

Quote:
You can fool or distract yourself, but it's ultimately just that; a distraction or a trick.
Which would modify the you to 'they'

Agreed. My wording could've been a bit better in these examples.

I'm not changing my stance however.

Are you admitting that I have a valid point (even if it's not always expressed perfectly)?
vikorr

Reply Mon 26 May, 2014 05:11 am
@nononono,
Quote:
Again, feminism is by far the biggest purveyor of victim hood.
Are you trying to excuse your own contribution to victim culture by pointing out a bigger contributor?
Moment-in-Time

Reply Mon 26 May, 2014 05:12 am
'Disturbed white males' are the most dangerous people in the country: Michael Moore speaks out after Elliot Rodgers killed his three roommates, two sorority sisters and a male student.

Filmmaker Michael Moore responded to calls for comment on the latest mass shooting in the U.S. He wrote in a Facebook post that he no longer has anything to say 'about what is now a normal part of American life'. He said that nothing has changed since he made the 2002 documentary Bowling for Columbine. That film dealt with the Columbine High School massacre by Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris.

The U.S. is plagued by violent attacks in part because of a climate of fear and paranoia and weak gun laws. He said the national symbol is not the bald eagle but the gun.

'Enjoy the rest of your day, and rest assured this will all happen again very soon,' he concluded
By ALEX GREIG

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2638993/Disturbed-white-males-dangerous-people-country-Michael-Moore-speaks-latest-U-S-mass-shooting.html
PUBLISHED: 15:13 EST, 25 May 2014 | UPDATED: 04:07 EST, 26 May 2014

vikorr

Reply Mon 26 May, 2014 05:12 am
@nononono,
Quote:
Are you admitting that I have a valid point (even if it's not always expressed perfectly)?
If you have read my posts as completely disagreeing with you, then you have been reading them inaccurately.

In both yours, and Hawkeye's posts, I have acknowledged that there are things I agree with.
nononono

Reply Mon 26 May, 2014 05:15 am
@vikorr,
Quote:
Are you trying to excuse your own contribution to victim culture by pointing out a bigger contributor?

I do not "contribute to victim culture". I'm merely a realist. I support men's (and everyone's) happiness in any way it occurs (that doesn't hurt others). I'm all for empowering men. I'm just stating a FACT that biologically speaking women have an advantage over men. It can't be denied.

And it can't be denied that feminism is the single biggest contributor to victim culture on the planet.
nononono

Reply Mon 26 May, 2014 05:17 am
@vikorr,
Quote:
In both yours, and Hawkeye's posts, I have acknowledged that there are things I agree with.

I must have missed that. You seem pretty dismissive and combative.
vikorr

Reply Mon 26 May, 2014 05:21 am
@nononono,
Sorry dude (actually, I can't tell if you are)...the sheer fact that you state that men are powerless is fact IS you contributing to victim culture. There are so many factors within the realm of sex that men can focus on, and within themselves that they can control...that your failure to acknowledge this is one of pure victimhood.

You can lie to yourself all you like about having no power whatsoever - it doesn't make it true.
vikorr

Reply Mon 26 May, 2014 05:27 am
@nononono,
Quote:
I must have missed that. You seem pretty dismissive and combative.
If you look for a fight, then all you see is a fight. When someone says your statements that you believe are fact are misleading, not fact etc..most people go into either fight, flight, or freeze...and mirror the other as doing the same.

If you reread - you will find that what I am dismissive of is half truths, victim inducing half truths, self deception, demonising (anything) through false absolutes etc.

Other aspects, such as the emasculation of men by society - I've already overtly acknowledged, as I have that women do hold a great deal of power in the realm of sex.
0 Replies

nononono

Reply Mon 26 May, 2014 05:28 am
@vikorr,
Quote:
..the sheer fact that you state that men are powerless is fact IS you contributing to victim culture.

Re-read the things I wrote CAREFULLY (since you're so keen on wording.) At no point did I ever state that men "are powerless". You are putting words in my mouth.

I merely stated that in terms of science and biology women have a significant advantage in the selection of genes being passed on to future generations. That does not equal me saying "men are powerless". Quit projecting.
vikorr

Reply Mon 26 May, 2014 05:38 am
@nononono,
Your own writing disagrees with you:
nononono wrote:
The point is that women get the POWER to choose. On a base level. Men DO NOT. They are simply forced to take what they can get. That, in it's nature creates an atmosphere of inequality, dissent, and resentment. Men become the lower beings because of this http://able2know.org/topic/245743-7#post-5674977

vikorr wrote:
Is there a point to you raising it? http://able2know.org/topic/245743-8#post-5674984

nononono wrote:
it's important to note it as facthttp://able2know.org/topic/245743-8#post-5674997

nononono

Reply Mon 26 May, 2014 05:43 am
@vikorr,
You're really reaching, and I get the impression that you can't stand being wrong.

Where in that do I use the word "powerless"?

Just because I state (a fact) that women have more power in that aspect does not equate what I said to men being "powerless" (which I take to you meaning in life in general.)
vikorr

Reply Mon 26 May, 2014 05:49 am
@nononono,
Alright, now you're just being ridiculous.

- The whole of your first quote talks about how women, not men, have the power
- you failed to acknowledge one area where men have power (despite me providing many examples)

...and you're saying that can't be summarised as you saying men are powerless?

Perhaps you'd like to start explaining where you believe men have power in the realm of sex?
Moment-in-Time

Reply Mon 26 May, 2014 05:51 am
@firefly,
Quote:
He was a fairly good looking young man.

....and I agree that Elliot Rodgers was pleasing in physical appearance. I referred to his androgynous looks, there was an almost feminine delicateness about this young man who looked much younger than 22....add the androgynous look to his shyness and it possibly might have caused the female pause....Something prevented the females from gravitating towards him.

Quote:

firefly wrote:
I don't think his inability to ever get a female to go out with him had anything to do with his appearance.

Of course you might be more right than wrong; however, I will diverge with you slightly. Elliot had been shy and withdrawn, this possibly might have altered his appearance in the eyes of females, who tend to lean more toward the aggressive type who will do the approaching; someone whose romantic interest will chase her, allowing her to play her little games. But here I am guesstimating, only going by his non-masculine looks and his obvious fear of the opposite sex yet desiring them so. Many times it's like a cat and mouse game between the boy and girl, a subtle stratagem Elliot Rodgers seemingly appeared incapable of recognizing.

Elliot Rodgers, unquestionably, possessed some deep-seated mental problems.
nononono

Reply Mon 26 May, 2014 05:54 am
@vikorr,
Quote:
Alright, now you're just being ridiculous.

- The whole of your first quote talks about how women, not men, have the power
- you failed to acknowledge one area where men have power (despite me providing many examples)

...and you're saying that can't be summarised as you saying men are powerless?

This thread is about a young man who killed people because of feeling ignored because of the one area my posts have addressed. I was sticking to the topic.

Do I really need to provide examples that have NOTHING to do with this subject in order to clarify myself?

Ok, Men have more power when it comes to testicular health awareness and maintenance than women do. Is that ridiculous enough for you?

1. Forums
  2. » Elliot Rodger
  3. » Page 9
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/16/2024 at 11:55:29