firefly

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2014 03:30 pm
Quote:
‘I Am the Next Elliot Rodger and Guess What I’ll Do the Right Thing This Time’: Student Arrested for Allegedly Promising Violence
Jun. 17, 2014

A 23-year-old University of Washington student was arrested Saturday after allegedly making online comments promising violence and showing support for the deranged individual who killed college students in Santa Barbara, California last month.

Keshav Bhide allegedly said online in one post that “everything Elliot did is perfectly justified.” In another, he allegedly warned he had “no option” but to “execute the same thing” and specifically target women, KIRO-TV reported.

“I am the next Elliot Rodger and guess what I’ll do the right thing this time,” the 23-year-old allegedly wrote.

Police were alerted to the comments and worked with the FBI to trace them to Bhide’s apartment near the school, where he was arrested.

Bhide was using the online alias “Foss Dark,” according to authorities.

Earlier this month, anonymous threats were issued to UW sororities, according to KIRO. The threats referenced the Santa Barbara shootings and chalk outlines were left outside some sorority houses.

The 23-year-old, who was expected to graduate this year, is being held on $150,001 bail for cyberstalking and felony harassment, KIRO reported. Charges are expected later this week.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/06/17/i-am-the-next-elliot-rodger-and-guess-what-ill-do-the-right-thing-this-time-student-arrested-for-allegedly-promising-violence/

0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2014 04:48 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/parents-of-elliot-rodgers-three-stabbing-victims-try-to-piece-together-what-happened/2014/06/19/4546cc9c-f648-11e3-8aa9-dad2ec039789_story.html

Quote:
Even during their final moments, the Hong, Wang and Chen families said they believe the sheriff’s department failed their sons. The parents said the apartment manager called 911 on the evening of May 23 after receiving a copy of the manifesto, in which Rodger said he planned to start by killing his roommates, and asked deputies to come to the complex. The sheriff’s department said it received the 911 call at 10:29 p.m., but the manager said no one entered the apartment until well after midnight, the parents said.

Hoover, the sheriff’s department spokeswoman, would not say when deputies ultimately entered the apartment, saying, “There were a lot of moving parts that evening; there was a lot to consider when responding to the location.”

When the families met privately with Brown on the Monday after the rampage, they asked about the response time. The parents said at first he said “within an hour.” When pressed, they said, he finally acknowledged that he wasn’t sure.

During their interview with a reporter, the three families said they were confused by the life Rodger described in his manifesto: struggling with mental illness, living far away from his family, with no job and only part-time college course work to fill his time. The victims’ parents said they were particularly troubled by Rodger’s disclosure that he used money given to him by relatives to buy the murder weapons.

“They knew he had problems. Why couldn’t they do more?” Kelly Wang said.

“They do everything to protect the confidentiality of the person who is mentally ill,” Henry Hong said. “What about the six lives that were taken? Why is the killer’s life more important?”

Rodger’s family has declined to comment.

The three families are lobbying the news media to shift their attention to the victims. After ABC News announced June 9 that Barbara Walters would be coming out of retirement to interview the killer’s father, the families banded together and e-mailed a producer on June 13.

“As parents, we plea you [the media] not to focus on the killer side,” the families said in the e-mail, which was provided to The Washington Post. They asked that the network instead “pay respect to the six beautiful live[s] that [were] gone too soon.”

In response, Walters was scheduled Friday morning to speak with Becker, the families’ attorney.

You have to question in my opinion what the Parents of the three young adults killed in their apartment are questioning.

The Sheriff's department handcuffed their child for seemingly stealing $22 worth of candles, they interviewed Elliott after he "pretended to shoot at people, then tried to push 10 girls off of a cliff top or balcony" and did nothing . But, the apartment manager was also given the Manifesto and he rang the Sherriff's Department who seemingly "chose" to save as many kids as possible by going after Elliot which is "fair enough" and what they should do but shouldn't they have also had someone attend the apartment at the same time, certainly in their minds, they all had to be dead. But, what if one survived long enough to get medical help? Shouldn't they have attended? I think so. The Sherriff's wouldn't have had time to read the Manifesto to see his plans of his room mates surely,, at that time.

I agree with the parents that possibly these kids were drugged first. The confinement of space, no splatters of blood on the wall, suggests they were all in one spot (3 against 1). Elliot against 3.

I wonder now what Walters will do.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2014 04:52 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-mystery-grief-surround-elliot-rodgers-first-three-victims-20140620-story.html

From the beginning something didn’t click. When Wang’s mother helped him move in, she recalled, she told the three roommates to look after one another. Rodger brushed her off, she said.

Wang told his mother Rodger was difficult to get along with, that he spent a lot of time out of the apartment or alone in his room.

Rodger didn’t care for his roommates, writing about the noise they made and calling them names. “These are the biggest nerds I had ever seen,” he wrote in a rambling journal.

The mood in the apartment grew more tense over time. In January, Rodger became enraged over a meal Hong was cooking and snatched away a small bowl. Annoyed, Hong grabbed the closest thing that belonged to Rodger — three candles — and expected to make a trade. Instead, Rodger called the police and made a citizen’s arrest.

When a sheriff’s deputy arrived, Hong insisted he had proof Rodger had been moving his belongings around the apartment. Rodger denied the claims, the deputy wrote in a report. When Hong refused to give the candles back, the deputy handcuffed him and booked him on suspicion of petty theft.

Hong was frustrated, but didn’t want to aggravate his roommate further. By May, he and Wang made plans to move out, signing a lease with Chen for a new apartment. They kept their distance from Rodger, who spent more and more time outside the apartment, driving around Santa Barbara in his BMW.

This was life in Apartment 7 until May 23
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2014 06:09 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Quote:
The sheriff’s department said it received the 911 call at 10:29 p.m., but the manager said no one entered the apartment until well after midnight, the parents said.

By 10:29 the shooting spree was already over. And the police had an extensive outdoor crime scene to deal with.

Unfortunately, it wouldn't have made any difference if the police had gone to the apartment sooner. I read initially that the bodies were dismembered, and given what Rodger had written about his plans, they may have been decapitated as well. In later reports, the police only said it was a very gruesome crime scene, and they may have been trying to spare these parents by not discussing all the gory details. Also, we don't know when these first 3 murders took place--they could have been done on a previous day, or very early on the day of the shootings.

I also think he may have drugged the roommates and their friend, or killed them, in some way, while they were sleeping.
Quote:
I wonder now what Walters will do.

She'll probably interview all of the parents of the victims who wish to take part in an interview, if she feels there is some news worthy reason to do that, although I think the public interest really is in what Peter Rodger might have to say about his son. Unfortunately, the killers always interest us more than their innocent victims, because we find their murderous actions more difficult to comprehend.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2014 06:25 pm
" but, but, but.....our kids were the VICTIMS! Why is no one honoring them??!!"

This is very strange, normally being in the way of a bullet through no fault of your own would get one the royal victim treatment, but in this case no. We are unusually too interested in what caused the victims to be made, in preventing new victims being made, to do our usual all praise the victims routine.

Maybe we are growing weary of victim culture.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2014 08:32 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
Maybe we are growing weary of victim culture.
Define that for us.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2014 02:38 am
@FOUND SOUL,
Anger.. It must be difficult being the parents of the victims.. They want their children's memory across the world. I hope they do something to make sure that happens, that their death did not happen in vain.

I don't have compassion for Elliot, I don't even believe that it's pertinent to even locate what illness he had, he was evil as I've always stated no matter what happened in his life to make him that way.. I do, believe that even Science will proclaim a defect mentally makes people turn this way.

But Elliot was 15.. When he read up on Cho Seung-Hui.. He then also viewed the other Mass Murders, it's on his "like" pages.

In 2007 Elliot saw Cho's video, his manifesto, his photos of using a hammer, gun, knife, videos his take on life, his life which was very simular excepting of the mute talk, however, Elliot changed his voice in his own video which was deeper and evil as well.. Cho was Korean/American and committed suicide.

Cho was fixated on the Columbine HS. Mass murder, Elliot was fixated with Cho's.

Cho criticized rich kids...

Elliot is also now to have been believed to have used a hammer, knife, guns and committed suicide.

I would imagine he's turning in his grave right now. 32 people dead, 17 injured verses 6 dead.

0 Replies

firefly

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2014 09:07 pm
Quote:
Barbara Walters’ Interview With Peter Rodger, Father Of UCSB Killer, Will Air Friday
The exclusive first interview with Peter Rodger, the father of Elliot Rodger, will air during a special edition of 20/20, ABC tells BuzzFeed.
June 22, 2014

Barbara Walters’ highly anticipated interview with Peter Rodger, father of UCSB killer Elliot Rodger, will air Friday, June 27, at 10 p.m. during a special edition of 20/20, a spokesperson for ABC News told BuzzFeed.

Peter Rodger, a notable filmmaker who was the assistant director for The Hunger Games, has kept a low profile since the news broke that his son killed seven people, himself and six students, in a rampage at UCSB in Isla Vista, Calif., on May 23. Rodger reportedly requested that Walters conduct the first interview, which happened earlier this month, ABC News said...
http://www.buzzfeed.com/mikehayes/barbara-walters-interview-with-peter-rodger-father-of-ucsb-k
nononono

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2014 10:00 pm
@firefly,
The video below is a much more thoughtful analysis of Elliot Rodger than any dumb superficial sound bites that Barbara Walters is going to get from Peter Rodgers (who after all has a career that I'm sure he'd like to keep/salvage).

The video below is about 2 hours long, but it's an incredibly well reasoned examination of Rodgers. This man is objective in his analysis and steers clear of blaming any one factor (such as feminism or the men's rights movement) for Rodger's actions.

It's really a remarkable video. Please watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oybAUKZhaMA
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2014 10:08 pm
@nononono,
Quote:
This man is objective in his analysis and steers clear of blaming any one factor (such as feminism or the men's rights movement) for Rodger's actions.

maybe there was one main factor that drove his problems, maybe there was one main failure of the collective that made the blood flow. a list of 50 things that were not ideal that might have played a part is not very helpful, what we need is a roadmap to preventing the despair he clearly felt, what we need is a set a standards that can act as markers to catch these young men before they either explode or implode.
nononono

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2014 10:20 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
maybe there was one main factor that drove his problems

I think there were many factors. But one big thing that I don't believe has been mentioned in this thread is materialism. Elliot's materialism, his family's materialism, but also (maybe even more importantly) our materialistic society.

The man in the video I posted touches on this very powerfully near the end of the video. It's not a waste of time if you're at all interested in this subject. Watch it.
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2014 10:31 pm
@nononono,
Quote:
But one big thing that I don't believe has been mentioned in this thread is materialism. Elliot's materialism, his family's materialism, but also (maybe even more importantly) our materialistic society.
I mentioned it when I said that he could have maybe (we dont know for sure how bright he was) been saved by the world of ideas, that he could have put that intellect to use and had been accepted because he was useful because of his mind. it might have even gotten him rich and then almost certainly as well some in house tail.

But he seems to have been very uninterested in ideas, in learning, he judged almost everything on zip codes and the quality of the toys. His parents had I think a lot to do with this, how many books are there in dad's house? Moms? Barbara should ask, but wont. My guess is not many, these are superficial people who over indulged their troubled boy and thus created a tormented killer.
nononono

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2014 10:51 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
hese are superficial people who over indulged their troubled boy and thus created a tormented killer.

I would agree. I think his family certainly deserves some blame. But I think society in general does SO much damage to every human being alive by focusing so much on superficialities. Not just money; but physical attractiveness, personal connections, ect, ect. I would argue that women are more focused on the superficial and that the main reason that most men who do focus on superficialities do so because of how women manipulate men, but that's a subject for a different thread.

Please watch the video I posted. It's very well reasoned, and I think anyone would find it interesting regardless of how they view gender interactions.
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2014 11:49 pm
@nononono,
I think you might have something, but it is not general materialism that was the problem, it was Holywood culture...the big money, the stroked egos, the crushing of egos for sport, the stars, the PR machine following everyone reporting on their moves. Mom, dad and step mom are all in the biz right? Sounds pretty toxic to me. I am not sure that Hollywood kids turn out worse than Manhattan kids, but these have to be two of the worst places in America to raise your family in. How many times to we hear " I will not mate with a hollywood person" and "I will not raise my kids in Hollywood"? There has to be a reason.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2014 12:06 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
these are superficial people who over indulged
their troubled boy and thus created a tormented killer.
So, according to Hawkeye,
if his family had not been nice to him,
then Elliot woud not have been tormented, right Hawkeye????
Elliot wanted them to be un-pleasant to him, says Hawkeye.

I don t think so.

David
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2014 12:13 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
I don t think so.
you might have done fine on your own by 4, packing heat by 6, and convorting with street whores by 12 ( or whatever the ages were) , but most people need enforced limits as kids. I am a notorious free range parent, but my kids started with lots of rules and little freedom, they had to prove themselves before getting to do what they wanted, needed to prove that they could handle the freedom before they got it.
0 Replies

nononono

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2014 12:18 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
I think you might have something, but it is not general materialism that was the problem, it was Holywood culture...the big money, the stroked egos, the crushing of egos for sport, the stars, the PR machine following everyone reporting on their moves. Mom, dad and step mom are all in the biz right? Sounds pretty toxic to me.

100% agree. That's actually part of what I meant by superficial/materialistic. I perhaps should have specified that better.

Quote:
How many times to we hear " I will not mate with a hollywood person" and "I will not raise my kids in Hollywood"? There has to be a reason.

I have several friends who live in L.A. I consider it to literally be the worst place on the planet. It is toxic, and I'd honestly be fine if that whole part of California fell into the ocean...
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2014 02:12 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
I think you might have something, but it is not general materialism that was the problem, it was Holywood culture...the big money, the stroked egos, the crushing of egos for sport, the stars, the PR machine following everyone reporting on their moves. Mom, dad and step mom are all in the biz right? Sounds pretty toxic to me.
Yea, ?
Please tell us what percent of the "Hollywood Culture" kids
have NOT been tormented multiple murderers?????

Inquiring minds wanna know, Hawkeye.

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2014 02:15 am
@nononono,
FOR THE RECORD:
I wanna carry the Flag for materialism and selfishness (but not stinginess).
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 04:42 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
maybe there was one main factor that drove his problems, maybe there was one main failure of the collective that made the blood flow.
Hawkeye - you complained about victim culture, and then contribute to it.

Victim culture seeks to remove personal responsibility by placing 'blame' or 'fault', or by using others actions as an excuse to justify their own action (or lack of action) <often the 'he/she made me ...' argument>, or by letting circumstances define who they are (implying or saying outright, they are 'powerless to be otherwise' because of circumstance).

There is a huge difference between contributing circumstances and personal responsibility. The collective did not make the blood flow, though their actions contributed to his decision - the personal responsibility for that decision rests with Rodger.
------------------

And something from many pages back. Rodger had a very low self worth, but a very large ego.

I see Self Worth as the value you see in yourself - which is not subject to how others interact with you. Examples:
- I value working hard, and as I work hard, this is something that makes me worthwhile to me
- I value growing each day...so even if others suck think I suck at 'something'...the fact that I work to improve even that aspect of my life makes me worthwhile to me
- I value compassion and have lots of it...but even if I fail at it and get criticised for it...I realise that I am human and make mistakes, and work to ever grow my compassion...and that makes me worthwhile to me. (you could replace compassion with 'a kind heart' or any such)
- I value respect - both towards myself and towards others...fill in the rest...
- etc

It's what you value - that you see in yourself - that leads you to value that in yourself. The more that you value - that you see in yourself - and value in yourself, the higher your self worth.

And of course, when I say 'what you value', I'm not talking about genetic values, but behavioural / character values.

Ego on the other hand, doesn't find it's foundation in such things, and is prone to react positively or negatively to others interactions with you.

1. Forums
  2. » Elliot Rodger
  3. » Page 53
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 09/20/2024 at 11:29:45