firefly

Reply Tue 27 May, 2014 04:55 am
@FOUND SOUL,
I just couldn't figure it out. Laughing

I don't bother with the voting up or down nonsense, unless I want to remove a post from my view for some reason. Then I will vote it down to collapse the post.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Tue 27 May, 2014 05:11 am
@wmwcjr,
Quote:
Some of the worst enemies of boys are other boys, and some of the worst enemies of men are other men -- which is not to say that there aren't some vicious girls and women as well. But a lot of us men have trouble defining masculinity. We cut down other guys without any supposed input from feminists.

Elliot Rodger was concerned about meeting the expectations of other men in terms of masculinity. And he did feel cut down by other men. He felt shame about being respected less by other boys.
Quote:
Not only did I have to waste my entire youth suffering in loneliness and unfulfilled desire, but I had to live with the knowledge that other boys my age were able to have all of the experiences I craved for. It is absolutely unfair and unjust. In addition, I had to suffer the shame of other boys respecting me less because I didn’t get any girls. Everyone knew I was a virgin. Everyone knew how undesirable I was to girls, and I hated everyone just for knowing it. I want people to think that girls adore me. I want to feel worthy.

So what you are pointing out is valid and food for thought.

nononono

Reply Tue 27 May, 2014 05:23 am
@firefly,
In regards to pointing out his hatred of women:
Quote:
There was no way the media could have not pointed it out.

True, but the media focused SOLELY on that. That was EGREGIOUSLY irresponsible. The way they poured gasoline on the fire was and is such that if you've gone on pretty much any social media website in the last 3 days, you'll notice that hastags like #KillAllMen, and #MenArePigs when mixed with rhetoric about the shootings and how "the men's rights movement is to blame" are going largely unchallenged by people, and CERTAINLY ignored by the mainstream media. There have even been calls to classify the men's rights movement as a "hate group" SOLELY based on this shooting (even though Rodger was NOT active in the men's rights community.)

What if the media took the lady below's claims that men should be eliminated entirely, and likened that to everyone who desired women's rights? Would that be acceptable?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valerie_Solanis

What if a woman wrote a manifesto about how she hated men, but then she killed more women by a 2 to 1 ratio? How do you think the media would report that? Do you think any of it would be distorted or downplayed?

What happened with the way the media has handled this was EXCEPTIONALLY irresponsible, and it's a CLEAR indicator of just how hateful feminism is as a movement, and just how deep their claws dig into society.

And you don't seem to be able to admit at all that regardless of how horrible this young man's action were, at the core of it was a whole lot of pain. HUMAN pain that MANY other men experience, and that needs to be addressed. There are men out there suffering in silence, and that's going to build in unstable individuals such as Elliot Rodgers, and this sort of thing is going to happen again. We can change or at least reduce those instances by striving to give men a more equal voice in society and not shaming and marginalizing them because they don't fit whatever "ideal" society expects a man to be.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Tue 27 May, 2014 05:28 am
@firefly,
I loved Bill's post ..

FF question. I am not racist but do you think that he had a complex even though it is obvious he resided with a part of his culture, do you think that as a result of his crush of a "blonde" woman, remembering he coloured his hair blonde at 7 and 8, that he wanted to be as his Father, that side of his genes but looked like his Mother, that side of her genes and as his Father was famous and white in time, and it was later in life I think you said 2012 but I think it started in 2010, a peak with a man sexually that he resented being part Asian at that point in time.

I'm still trying to work out why he wanted to be white, "blonde" at 7. I will go back and read maybe there is something there.

He at that time "thought he was too short" the problem in my opinion started at 7.
0 Replies

nononono

Reply Tue 27 May, 2014 05:29 am
@firefly,
Quote:
Elliot Rodger was concerned about meeting the expectations of other men in terms of masculinity

Whether you choose to accept it or not, a big reason why this sort of competition exists is because of women. The males with the highest social status, wealth, ect. are more likely to pass their genes on into the future. It's science plain and simple. Woman do the choosing. That part of Rodger's claims was 100% true.

Women do not experience competition to same degree that men do biologically speaking, because eggs carry more biological, societal, and intrinsic value than sperm does. This can not be denied.
Moment-in-Time

Reply Tue 27 May, 2014 05:32 am
@firefly,
Quote:

That is also what I was trying to express earlier. And I do think Elliot Rodger felt cut down by other men, because he wasn't living up to the expectations of "masculinity" transmitted to him by other men. His need for a "beautiful girl" by his side was more like a need for a trophy, that other men could see, which would confirm his manhood in their eyes.

Trying to understand the ravings and actions by a mad man seems to be a monumental task all around, but the above statement by you rings loud and true: "His need for a *beautiful girl* by his side was more like a need for a trophy, that other men could see, which would confirm his manhood in their eyes." That is certainly one aspect of Rodger's fanatical behavior worth entertaining.
boomerang

Reply Tue 27 May, 2014 05:52 am
@nononono,
Quote:
It's not just Hollywood, the generation of kids in their 20's right now is kind of awful. Lot's of entitled feelings out there. And plenty who ARE fussy about the jobs they take while still in school.

Consider that kids have had it drilled into their heads that they have to go to school and study hard and make great grades and go to college and study hard and get great grades or they'll end up with with a crappy job.

So they do all the things they're told and then they still can only get a crappy job (and they typically have tens of thousands of dollars of debt to show for it).

I don't blame them for being fussy. We promise them good jobs if they'll follow the plan then get mad at them for not being happy that we lied.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Tue 27 May, 2014 06:02 am
@Moment-in-Time,
His Father left his Mother. Shortly after, he was with his current lady, 3 months I believe.

She is attractive I haven't seen one photo of his Mother why is that? Google and she is non existent in "photos" on my end in any event.

Was she the Step Mother in his eyes, in the end his Father's Trophy?

He saw his Father in the transcript as someone to look up to admire, just months before he spoke to his Mother "for un-known reasons" about Divorce. She told him "never"...Yet it happened. Because he found someone "so quick" after his Mother. How old was he then 11?

Would this have affected him.

1. Divorce
2. Told it wouldn't happen
3. It happened
4. So soon after - was there an affair that bought on the Divorce did he suspect that, I think so
There is 5,6,7
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 27 May, 2014 06:09 am
@nononono,
Quote:
(feelings that women can not comprehend.)

Why do you think women can't comprehend this?

Loneliness, feeling undesirable and unloveable, isolation, frustration -- those feelings aren't exclusive to men.
panzade

Reply Tue 27 May, 2014 07:44 am
@boomerang,
Yeah boomer, and here is another nonoism
Quote:
There are countless frustrated, alienated men out there just like this kid.

There are countless frustrated, alienated women out there.
Don't we have to ask why women aren't going on killing rampages?
Lash

Reply Tue 27 May, 2014 08:10 am
@boomerang,
I think that's a bit of bullshit... How many of us or our kids took **** jobs because we needed the money? Nobody promised anybody a rose garden, amd nobody is entitled to one. Kids may have unrealistic expectations, but lets dont act like that's justified.

A college education doesn't come with the promise of a good job anymore, it's just the first step toward the possibility of one these days.
boomerang

Reply Tue 27 May, 2014 08:52 am
@Lash,
The way it's usually said is "If you don't study hard and go to college you'll end up flipping burgers".

(Google search "end up flipping burgers": About 2,390,000 results (0.41 seconds) (When I was young the threat job was selling shoes) )

I think we're constantly telling young people that certain jobs are beneath them.
nononono

Reply Tue 27 May, 2014 09:15 am
@panzade,
Quote:
There are countless frustrated, alienated women out there.
Don't we have to ask why women aren't going on killing rampages?

You and boomerang misinterpreted and took what I wrote out of context.

Of course there are frustrated, alienated women too. I was referring to a different kind of SPECIFIC feeling of being unwanted. If you read carefully through my posts you will see that. I'm talking about how according to science men are less valuable in society on a genetic level than women are.

Men always want sex, women therefore get to live their lives always being pursued and feeling wanted.

Because women don't have the same incredibly strong drive for sex constantly, they're allowed to be much more choosy with who they sleep with or procreate with. In being allowed this they are given extreme power in the battle of the sexes, a huge advantage over men.

Therefore, it's not hard at all to have lots of partners as a female, but it's incredibly hard to have lots of partners as a male because your stock price is so low. Men are always available, women aren't!

And then on top of it all (as if having the ability to get laid whenever they want isn't enough), women expect to be able to be as slutty, and immoral as they want, and nobody had better ever "judge" them or they're "Slut Shaming"!!!

"Man Shaming" anyone???

Women as a group always have and always will be in higher demand sexually than men. That high demand leads to a power imbalance. A lot of women use that power imbalance and their sexuality as a weapon against men.

Think about these two scenarios:

1) The human race is wiped out. Except for one man stranded on an island with 100 women. In 9 months there could be 100 babies.

Or

2) The human race is wiped out. Except for one woman stranded on an island with 100 men. In nine months there could ONLY be one baby (or twins or whatever).

The lesson is that sperm is CHEAP, but a womb is VALUABLE, i.e. Men are in low demand because one can do the work (sexually speaking) of many.

Men MUST compete with one another, whereas for women they are always in demand because they have a higher societal value. Women are essentially able to call the shots all the time in the realm of deciding which human genes are passed on. They have the luxury of being able to essentially be a bit lazy about it.

Therefore, women always have and always will have a huge evolutionary advantage over men.

Though I used the desert island analogy, what I said still holds true for recreational sex also, not just procreation... But it comes from our genes. It comes from the way our species evolved. At one point in time the human race didn't have things like birth control, and therefore most sex resulted in pregnancy. The primary function of sex for early humans (and all mammals) was to further their species...

We still carry that knowledge and instinct in our DNA. Men have a higher instinct to procreate with as many females as possible because it's inherited genetic knowledge from our ancestors that the more females a man mates with, the higher chance he has of passing on his genes to future generations. Even in the context of recreational sex, this holds true because it is the basis from which a man's desire to have sex comes from in the first place (whether he realizes it or not.) It's just scientific fact. Yes, it's just life and life is unfair. But it should RECOGNIZED as unfair that men have far more work to do in order to have any kind of sex at all. All women have to do is essentially spread their legs, point at their snatch, and say "Put it here, now."

And I will be the first to admit WOMEN ARE GENETICALLY SUPERIOR TO MEN. They can create life! That's a huge evolutionary step above men. It's not as big an evolutionary step as say a monkey to a human, but it's still big! But the thing is that being genetically superior wasn't enough for women. A selfish, self-centered subset of them had to start this feminism bullshit. And now women seem to think that not only should they be allowed to do whatever they want, but no one had better say anything about it even when the things they do are selfish or awful.

Women have no knowledge of what it really feels like (on a genetic level at the very least) to be unwanted... Women are always in demand, and are always held as 'precious' by society... Because of this women have far less empathy when it comes to things like divorce or even just dumping their boyfriends. They can just run off and find another one. That's a big part of why suicide rates are far higher for divorced men than divorced women (and higher for men in general than women.) Men feel DISPOSABLE on a base, genetic level, even if they're not fully cognizant of it. A feeling of knowing on some level (either consciously or subconsciously) that if they're not chosen, their genes won't live on. That's a hard thing to swallow if you're conscious of it AND you feel (whether it's reality or imagined because of a warped world view like Rodger had) that you have been essentially excluded from humanity.

The bottom line is that it's no accomplishment to have had sex with a whole lot of men as a women, because it's like shooting fish in a barrel... A man however who is able to have sex with many women is truly a rare thing in life, and for those men who are able to accomplish that without advantages such as good looks or a lot of money; if they're just good with women because they have great personalities, well they certainly have my unabashed admiration.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Tue 27 May, 2014 09:21 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

I think that's a bit of bullshit... How many of us or our kids took **** jobs because we needed the money? Nobody promised anybody a rose garden, amd nobody is entitled to one. Kids may have unrealistic expectations, but lets dont act like that's justified.

A college education doesn't come with the promise of a good job anymore, it's just the first step toward the possibility of one these days.

I have to disagree there Lash.

In the last year or so, I've been working temp jobs, many times working on a project in groups where the ages ranged from people in their early 20's to late 50's.

I've spoken to more than one recent college grad who are not only frustrated, but angry that they have not been able to land ANY sort of permanent job. They said they had been led to believe by their college instructors that they were somehow this new generation that were going to show the rest of us how it's done.

Not only that, but they believe (and are slowly seeing the reality) that they would land a great job from an employer that is just itching to quickly move them up into management in a very short time.

I've heard more than one grad tell me in not just a confident, but in an assuming way this is how it's going to be; that they will get a job, work at it for about a year, then move up into middle management.

They believe that the people (us old geezers) that are already managing will fall back in amazment at the knowledge of these graduates. The grads believe they will become the mentors of those now in charge, teaching them how things are supposed to be done.

I'm not even getting into what their parents tell them. This is what I've personally heard from, let's see....4 different grads about what they are told they will experience when they are out of school, by the school.

Now, they are incredulous, frustrated and getting angry people aren't treating them the way they should.

heh....the first young woman I had a conversation about this with was telling me how she would be managing people who would apparantly have to step down from their positions, or shorty be surpassed by her. In the same conversation, she was telling me how hard her father worked putting her through school. I had asked her what her father did, and he is is in management at a corporation.
She got really pissed when I asked her how it will be when someone out in the workforce for a year or 2 become her fathers mentor, and boss. Oh....she did not like that at all.
chai2

Reply Tue 27 May, 2014 09:23 am
@boomerang,
boomerang wrote:

I think we're constantly telling young people that certain jobs are beneath them.

Agreed.
oralloy

Reply Tue 27 May, 2014 09:49 am
@nononono,
nononono wrote:
My personal opinion is that guns in society the way it is today lead to violence.

Guns are used in violence, but they are not the cause of violence.

nononono wrote:
However I see guns as being an important thing for people to have in about 2030 or 2040 when the singularity happens...

It is not assured that we will ever face a technological singularity.

If we do face a technological singularity, it will not necessarily go Skynet on us. It may be benevolent, like one of the Minds from The Culture.

If it does go Skynet on us, guns might not be any help.

The reason we will keep our guns (and our ammo) is because the American people will never consent to give up our freedom.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 27 May, 2014 09:49 am
@nononono,
nononono wrote:
OmSigDAVID wrote:
Over many years, decades n centuries, I never thought of that.

How old are you? Is your real name Yoda? Very Happy

I believe he was thinking of the fact that 2001 saw the end of one century and the beginning of another.

He likely could have referred to the passage of millennia and eons as well, using the same logic.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 27 May, 2014 09:50 am
@nononono,
nononono wrote:
Guns made violence more convenient and in part made this massacre possible.

If he didn't have guns, he could have planted large bombs in crowded public areas.

For that matter, he was an Aspie. Imagine the damage he could have done if he'd decided to hack into a nuclear reactor and make it go Chernobyl.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 27 May, 2014 09:55 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
Have you been around young people at anytime in the last 10 years? This kind of unreality about the job market is damn near normal with todays youth. One if the biggest problems with college grads that go on the market is that they pretty much all expect a $50K job offer right out of school.

They'll need a career that takes very high level mathematics and applies it to solving real-world problems in order to get a starting salary like that. Something like engineering or physics.

http://www.payscale.com/college-salary-report-2014/majors-that-pay-you-back

Fracking looks like it's particularly lucrative. Probably market forces at work. "Demand for petroleum engineers" exceeding "supply of petroleum engineers", or something like that.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 27 May, 2014 09:56 am
@nononono,
nononono wrote:
Whether you choose to accept it or not, a big reason why this sort of competition exists is because of women. The males with the highest social status, wealth, ect. are more likely to pass their genes on into the future. It's science plain and simple. Woman do the choosing. That part of Rodger's claims was 100% true.

Women do not experience competition to same degree that men do biologically speaking, because eggs carry more biological, societal, and intrinsic value than sperm does. This can not be denied.

I think harsh competition exists on the female side as well. A woman who is not beautiful might have to sit there and be ignored as all the men focus on wooing those who are beautiful.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Elliot Rodger
  3. » Page 18
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 01:23:04