OCCOM BILL has a fool for a client. Don’t try this at home.

OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 07:51 pm
Ossobuco: I've been called all of those and worse, much worse. Laughing Any is fine by me. I am kind of partial to O'Bill. Embarrassed :wink:

I have to wait 6 months after conviction to show a clean sheet to CR. No biggy. I can't see a move sooner anyway.

JD: Every lawyer I've ever talked to told me never to blow, but I was certain I was proving that I was under, not over the legal limit. I seldom repeat the same mistake twice (save women, poker and speeding while SOBER), so it shouldn't come up again. I just couldn't believe that the so-called DUI experts didn't come up with the Unruh Ruling via Westlaw, so I considered them less competent than myself. If there is a next time, I'll bite the bullet and pay the $12,000 or at least pay a mouthpiece to deliver my ghost-research. At one point I'd decided to do that this time, but thought; what's the difference? The Supreme Court has already spoken. Embarrassed Live and learn. I spent the first 18 years of my life growing up. Then I spent the next 18 years of my life growing up. I wonder what I'll do in the next phase? :wink:
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 07:53 pm
I used to try to grow beyond the 18th year of my life but gave up trying about 18 years ago.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 08:52 pm
JD, I just checked out Legalmatch… thank you much! I might just send them my notes and see what they think. I only lost one motion to suppress, so far. I have a half a dozen others typed up… they're just not as bulletproof as I thought the first one was. Perhaps someone competent can still pinch-hit this into a winner. Thanks again. I should have brought this up sooner, but I was rather expecting to be bragging by this point. Rolling Eyes
Gotta work on that arrogance, too. Confused
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 09:11 pm
Pride goeth on the Serengeti.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 12:21 am
OCCOM BILL wrote:
Montana: Like me, darling, you were probably speeding. :wink:

Actually Bill, I've never gotten a speeding ticket. The woman gave me a ticket for an expired inspection sticker.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 12:37 am
That's pretty weak Montana. Come on down south... I'll teach you how to speed!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 09:29 am
I never said I didn't speed Bill. I just said I've never had a speeding ticket ;-)

Actually, I did quite a bit of speeding when I was younger, but I've become very responsible in my older years. After all, my son picks up on everything I do and he's getting his license in a few months Shocked
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 15 May, 2004 02:39 pm
OB
OB, you think you got a raw deal. Maybe you can represent her with the practice you've had. ---BBB

Mother fined while getting ticket

A young mother has reportedly been given a parking fine because she took too long to get a car park ticket.

Victoria Annand took some time to get to the ticket machine because she had to take her two-year-old daughter out of the car, put her coat on and comfort her when she started crying.

There was also a queue for tickets at the machine, says the Sun.

But that didn't stop two wardens ticketing her with a £30 fine in the meantime.

Ms Annand said: "I couldn't believe it. One of the attendants was like a little Hitler. There were no signs saying there were any time limits."

She has now appealed to council chiefs in Birkenhead, Merseyside.

A Wirral Council spokesman said: "On occasion parking tickets can be issued mistakenly. There is a fair appeals procedure."
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 15 May, 2004 02:47 pm
My constitutional right to make an ass of myself is limited to practicing idiocy in this country. Sorry, she'll have to seek incompetent council elsewhere.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sun 16 May, 2004 02:29 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
My constitutional right to make an ass of myself is limited to practicing idiocy in this country. Sorry, she'll have to seek incompetent council elsewhere.
Wink
A wise man knows his limits, Bill!
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 09:10 am
bookmark
0 Replies

Jer

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 11:12 am
Bill,

Just read this thread for the first time. That's quite a story you've got there, and well written too.

I went through some troubles with authority and driving in my late teens (speed related). I grew up in a small town with one highway in and one highway out - and commuted to an even smaller town 3 hours away for a 4on/4off work schedule. I ended up getting a number of tickets for going slightly over the limit, which resulted in my license being suspended for "being a danger to the public" - at the same time as the government auto insurance company was giving me a 40% discount for being a safe-driver.

It was such a joke - but there was little I could do. I ended up having to pay upwards of $4k in fines and was suspended for 30 days.

10 years later I've got over 700,000kms under my belt without an accident...I wish that cops would actually go after the dangerous drivers...and that the system actually allowed the "little guy" to make a case for himself.

Let us know how it eventually works out.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 12:25 pm
Welcome to A2K Debra.

Nothing more to tell Jer. I ate the DUI charge in exchange for dismissal of everything else. It just didn't seem worth it to win. When 6 months probation are over I'm going to send a copy of the case to the Supreme Court, but since I've already plead out, I doubt it will even be read. I lose. Confused Oh well. Rolling Eyes Next! :wink:
0 Replies