bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 22 May, 2014 01:06 pm
@Stark7398,
A2K? AMA.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 22 May, 2014 02:43 pm
@Stark7398,
Best thing you can do is let the body heal itself naturally.

Taking a span of months for bones to heal is within average range, according to my experience with my own bone fractures over the years.
0 Replies

luismtzzz

Reply Thu 22 May, 2014 03:02 pm
@Stark7398,
Atually that is in inestigation. There are already technique used on some specific types of fractures that use bone transplants. The idea is that a piece of bone is taken from a donor, its cleaned and depleted of donor cells. Then it is quirurgically implanted on the patient to close gaps between fractured bones.
Since our extracellular matrix (the collagen and other proteins that made the solid fraction of our tissues) is equal between all human beens, the patients repairing cells use that donated bone as a patern to close a gap rapidly and faster.
So maybe it is posible to induce a faster closing of a fracture using a false callus.
We are actually not doing something artifical. The bone will close naturally. Just helping speeding up a little bit the process.
0 Replies