Need help identifying artist signature (C. Johnson?) & limited numbered print titled "Tranquility"

Reply Tue 20 May, 2014 10:31 am
I was given this piece by a family member that is no longer with us. Its a limited number print limited 125 pieces its title is Tranquility and was signed C. Johnson and dated 1974. It looks like a shot of the moon from right outsides earths orbit. Its done in blues and greys and white. Please email me if you have any info and I can also send a pic on request. Im new to the sight and just trying to figure all this out. Thank you in advance and any and all help is appreciated
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 993 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Herald

Reply Tue 20 May, 2014 01:04 pm
@colby caughron,
colby caughron wrote:

I was given this piece by a family member that is no longer with us. Its a limited number print limited 125 pieces its title is Tranquility and was signed C. Johnson and dated 1974. It looks like a shot of the moon from right outsides earths orbit. Its done in blues and greys and white. Please email me if you have any info and I can also send a pic on request. Im new to the sight and just trying to figure all this out. Thank you in advance and any and all help is appreciated

Investigate the photo.
1. Verify whether it is original photo at all or a photomontage, whether it is plausible as physical scenery or not ... and when exactly in 1974 it has been shot.
2. Analyse the signature - whether it is a genuine signature at all ... or simply a colour xerox-copy.
3. Investigate whether this author has similar works around that time.
4. Check up what does 'limited edition of photos' in 1974 is supposed to mean.
5. Investigate the paper and the printing inks - whether they are from the claimed period and aren't they some later developments, etc.
0 Replies