abdominal dull pain/disconfourt

luchog

Sat 17 May, 2014 08:58 am
hello all,
I've been feeling abdominal dull disconfort/pain for a few weeks, that wasn´t constant, stopped for a while then came back. It mainly starts after eating, and then gradually comes and goes. I feel movements in the stomach area but not feel heartburn( when you feel a bit acid and can feel on the mouth). A couple of years ago I was feeling a bit nauseous and felt heartburn, and one day i vomited bits of blood, but now i cant remember if i felt this dull pain/disconfort . So Went to doctors to do an endoscopy, and the doctor told me i had an Hernia near or in the passage from stomach to intestin, and suffering from reflux. He told me that kind of hernia was quite common, and the blood came from it, when pushing for the vomit. I took some medicine for the reflux and the problem passed soon.
The thing is now, I can´t remember if i had this dull disconfort that sometimes changes to dull pain, and sometimes aliviate. IT feels like when you have gases, but i dont think thats the problem. I also dont feel nauseous.

I'm 29, and I drink more alcool than I should, but not to an extreme level, and have my days I stop from time to time, but anyway, I drink more than I should, and have a fatty liver. One thing that happens though, is this disconfort stops after I drink alcool. I am also very hypocondriac (I know its a counterscense, but im afraid of going to dosctors always), and Im experiencing a bit of a stressed life latelly, mainly due to proffessional indecisions.

I dont pee or stool more than usual either, and they look normal...

Any advise would be greatly apreciated. thanks in advance
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 944 • Replies: 10
Topic Closed
No top replies

bobsal u1553115

Sat 17 May, 2014 09:08 am
@luchog,
See a doctor. NOW.
darthtig

Sat 17 May, 2014 12:24 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Fatty liver... could that mean you have a mild case of cirrhosis after drinking more alcohol than you should over the years?

Do you feel relief after you eat food?

This is a very unique situation because I've never heard of alcohol intake making your stomach feel better. My guess is that your body/stomach has become accustom to alcohol and to cure the "discomfort" or "pain" your body needs alcohol to feel "normal".

My other guess could be that if you feel relief after ingesting food, it could be peptic ulcer disease, PUD.

My recommendation is that you see your doctor as soon as possible and be prepared prior to your appointment with questions and ideas of what you might think it might be. Working with your doctor can be beneficial.
Also, tell him/her about your alcohol intake. And what your bowel movements look like.
Black, tarry stools are a sign of gastro intestinal bleeding and is also a complication of PUD.

Also ask about getting tested for Chron's disease just in case because that is a very difficult disease to deal with, it's very cancer-like.

I wish you the best. If you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to contact me through this forum.

=)
PUNKEY

Sat 17 May, 2014 04:33 pm
You have many symptoms from your alcohol use, yet you refuse to stop drinking.

Until you can eliminate that from your behavior, you will not be able to tell how you really feel.
darthtig

Sat 17 May, 2014 04:41 pm
@darthtig,
I am so sorry @bobsal u1553115, I meant this post for @luchog.

I am new to able2know.org.
0 Replies

darthtig

Sat 17 May, 2014 04:46 pm
@PUNKEY,
I agree with @punky.
But what still bothers me is that your discomfort goes away after drinking ETOH. ETOH is acidic and can be hard to the stomach just like spicy foods and tobacco.

I'm afraid that eliminating your drinking will cause you withdrawals symptoms.

For safety, have you thought you out to cut down from your drinking? Have people annoyed you by criticizing your drinking? Have you ever felt bad or guilty about your drinking? Have you ever had an eye-opening situation about your drinking such as drinking the moment you wake up to steady your nerves or get rid of a hangover?

Please take care.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sun 18 May, 2014 08:49 am
@darthtig,
My liver is just fine, thankyou. But I must ask: have had your glasses prescription updated recently?
darthtig

Sun 18 May, 2014 12:27 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
I know I know I know I know! HAHA!

I messed up on the reply/convo. I'm very new at a2k and I am not forum savvy. This is my first time joining a forum!
darthtig

Sun 18 May, 2014 12:29 pm
@luchog,
Fatty liver... could that mean you have a mild case of cirrhosis after drinking more alcohol than you should over the years?

Do you feel relief after you eat food?

This is a very unique situation because I've never heard of alcohol intake making your stomach feel better. My guess is that your body/stomach has become accustom to alcohol and to cure the "discomfort" or "pain" your body needs alcohol to feel "normal".

My other guess could be that if you feel relief after ingesting food, it could be peptic ulcer disease, PUD.

My recommendation is that you see your doctor as soon as possible and be prepared prior to your appointment with questions and ideas of what you might think it might be. Working with your doctor can be beneficial.
Also, tell him/her about your alcohol intake. And what your bowel movements look like.
Black, tarry stools are a sign of gastro intestinal bleeding and is also a complication of PUD.

Also ask about getting tested for Chron's disease just in case because that is a very difficult disease to deal with, it's very cancer-like.

Any stress you are experiencing psychologically can affect you physically.

I wish you the best. If you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to contact me through this forum.

=)
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sun 18 May, 2014 12:31 pm
@darthtig,
We like to have fun here. If you can laugh, you'll do well!
darthtig

Sun 18 May, 2014 12:36 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Then I'll have to say...
I LITERALLY Lol'd.

That Haha was "firrills"
0 Replies