Are Newton´s asumptions really true?

contrex

Reply Sun 18 May, 2014 08:47 am
How about some demonstrations? You have been asked before but all we get is bullshit. We know that you can talk the talk, now walk the walk.

Quehoniaomath

Reply Sun 18 May, 2014 09:28 am
@contrex,
Quote:
How about some demonstrations? You have been asked before but all we get is bullshit. We know that you can talk the talk, now walk the walk

That is bullshit offcourse. I ask questions but no answers, alas.

And, offcours eyou are trying to edit my writings till they fit with your worldview.

what else is new?
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sun 18 May, 2014 10:25 am
@knaivete,
knaivete wrote:
What are your thoughts on subatomic particles?

Oh boy, this oughta be good Wink
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sun 18 May, 2014 10:35 am
Seriously, since this guy (a) seeks negative attention and (b) doesn't care at all whether what he says is true, clearly the only way to deal with him is to ignore him. The attention you're giving him is enabling him and has no chance of producing any result other than gratifying his attention seeking. He's drawing the thing out as long as he can, but you all are helping him.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sun 18 May, 2014 11:14 am
Inertia intrigues me, for example the kinetic energy in a fired bullet is tremendous, but what exactly IS kinetic energy?
The k.e. in our bodies must be tremendous too because we're orbiting the sun at 66,000 miles per hour, but there's no way the k.e. in us can be measured..
Quehoniaomath

Reply Sun 18 May, 2014 11:18 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Quote:
Inertia intrigues me, for example the kinetic energy in a fired bullet is tremendous, but what exactly IS kinetic energy?
The k.e. in our bodies must be tremendous too because we're orbiting the sun at 66,000 miles per hour, but there's no way the k.e. in us can be measured..

Good! I like questions like this!

Thanks!

better than the 'scientific' knows it all, who can't question their own dogma's anymore.
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Reply Sun 18 May, 2014 11:22 am
@Brandon9000,
Quote:
Seriously, since this guy (a) seeks negative attention and (b) doesn't care at all whether what he says is true, clearly the only way to deal with him is to ignore him. The attention you're giving him is enabling him and has no chance of producing any result other than gratifying his attention seeking. He's drawing the thing out as long as he can, but you all are helping him.

Then do so, please ignore me. I don't care.
I am not looking for negative attention, and offcourse I care if it is true or not.
That's the whole point girly.
It is all about real TRUTH.

not about scientific ******* dogma's!!

But you wish not to see that because of your upbringing.(schooling etc)
It is quite a thing to see that you have been lying to all your life.
But one day you have to grow up, and see that your 'father' ('government) was very dishonuost to you and raped you mentally.
It is a hard thing to swalllow indeed.

0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Reply Sun 18 May, 2014 11:25 am
for the real truth seekers here, it seems there aren't that many!
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41T34JJBQ4L._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Reply Sun 18 May, 2014 11:26 am
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31BZNAMSC3L._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Reply Sun 18 May, 2014 11:27 am
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71X59KX10WL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.gif
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sun 18 May, 2014 11:32 am
Another thing that fascinates me is magnetism, but we take it so much for granted that we tend to overlook its mysterious properties.
For example if two bar magnets are pushed towards each other on a table north-to-north or south-to-south, they repel each other like a sci-fi force field, wow..Smile
So what exactly is happenning to the space between those two poles, is it being warped or compressed or what?
Quehoniaomath

Reply Sun 18 May, 2014 11:34 am
If one starts to reserch the beautifull and work of the genius "Bruce Cathie" you see how dumb 'academic science' really is.

and there is a reason for it:

Quote:
Science and mathematics as taught in our public educational institutions have been dumbed down and rigged to prevent exploration into sensitive areas. This is done through tricks of logic that play upon the intellect’s many vulnerabilities, namely the inability to differentiate absolute from relative values. Certain concepts and variables are discarded on the basis of irrelevance or arbitrariness, when in actuality they are far from arbitrary and instead provide the doorway to secret sciences. Subjects are frequently taught in compartmentalized and overly abstract ways to prevent students from understanding subjects on a gnostic level, meaning on a geometric and intuitive foundation. The latter is necessary to allow true progressive and creative use of knowledge, but what is encouraged instead is applying formulas and definitions in mechanical ways, resulting in refinement rather than evolution of knowledge.

So true!
http://montalk.net/science
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Reply Sun 18 May, 2014 11:37 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Quote:
Another thing that fascinates me is magnetism, but we take it so much for granted that we tend to overlook its mysterious properties.
For example if two bar magnets are pushed towards each other on a table north-to-north or south-to-south, they repel each other like a sci-fi force field, wow..
So what exactly is happenning to the space between those two poles, is it being warped or compressed or what?

Gooooooooooooood question indeed
And how about this one. The magnet on your fridge!
How can it keeps on hanginging there, where is the powersource?
why isn't it's power diminished?

And how about this one, if water freezes it expands! Think about it!
Energy is taken away and it expands and can burst pipes!

btw your refreshing, a lot better then people who can only insult because they can't think and wonder anymore!

Thanks.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sun 18 May, 2014 12:36 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
They are exchanging virtual photons.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sun 18 May, 2014 12:39 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

A sensible question. Unless a velocity is an appreciable fraction of light speed, the formula is:

E = 1/2 m v^2

But bear in mind that velocity is relative. It only has meaning in the sense that "Object A has a velocity of 123 relative to object B." Relative to object C, it might have a different velocity.
Quehoniaomath

Reply Sun 18 May, 2014 12:42 pm
@Brandon9000,
Quote:
A sensible question. Unless a velocity is an appreciable fraction of light speed, the formula is:

E = 1/2 m v^2

[b]But bear in mind that velocity is relative.[/b] It only has meaning in the sense that "Object A has a velocity of 123 relative to object B." Relative to object C, it might have a different velocity.

Nearly there. Now try the same reasoning with relativity and clocks and we are done! Wink (no not the twin paradox, mind you)
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sun 18 May, 2014 05:54 pm
I learnt something new recently fron "Stephen Hawkings Universe' TV show, namely that massive objects slow down time!
For example we were shown a couple of people standing near the Great Pyramid and told that for them, time is running slower because of the zillion-ton pyramid behind them.
That means that if we were to draw a map of the earth showing areas where time is running slower, it'd be covered in thousands of "slow spots" where there are mountains, rock densities, large buildings etc..Smile
neologist

Reply Sun 18 May, 2014 06:34 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
Quick correction parados, to make sure the science is correct.

The floor does zero work holding you up. It is a force, but not a force acting over a distance.
Actually, the floor does flex as you walk across it.
neologist

Reply Sun 18 May, 2014 06:39 pm
Newton's assumptions work for most applications.
I'm right, ain't I?
Brandon9000

Reply Sun 18 May, 2014 06:49 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Newton's assumptions work for most applications.
I'm right, ain't I?

They only become inaccurate for speeds close to that of light, in the atomic realm, or in extremely strong gravitational fields. In anything like the works of man, their predictions agree completely with experiment.
0 Replies