Fight Cancer with Measles

Reply Thu 15 May, 2014 05:54 pm
http://www.refinery29.com/2014/05/67989/measles-vaccine-cancer
There's a new treatment in town, and it could change the way we fight The Big C: A recent groundbreaking Mayo Clinic trial used a monster dose of the measles virus to wipe out cancerous tumors.

ossobuco

Reply Thu 15 May, 2014 05:56 pm
@edgarblythe,
I saw that, amazing to me. They called it blood cancer in the bit I read, which I take as leukemia and perhaps some others.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 15 May, 2014 06:04 pm
@ossobuco,
It will take time to sort it all out.
axpert

Reply Fri 16 May, 2014 01:54 am
@edgarblythe,
This has been tested before with different viruses. This time they gave enough of it to inoculate 10 Million people. It only worked on one of the 5 patients, even then she still needed radiation to treat a small tumor. Its a small step in the right direction. They would need to do trials on many more patients first. They also have to find out why it worked with her and why it didnt.
0 Replies

Builder

Reply Fri 16 May, 2014 02:04 am
I'll call BS on this one. Vaccinations are under the microscope for causing all sorts of problems, cancer and autism being just a couple.

Big pharma is not our friend. Not in the least.
0 Replies

Builder

Reply Fri 16 May, 2014 02:23 am
@edgarblythe,
edgar, here's the descriptor from your site. Stop wasting our time.

About Us

Refinery29, the largest independent fashion and style website in the United States, is a lifestyle platform that delivers nonstop inspiration to live a more stylish and creative life. In addition to its global and local newsletter editions and 24/7 original editorial content, Refinery29 connects over 10 million visitors every month and over 1.25 million subscribers with content, commerce, and community, giving them all the tips, tricks, and tools they need to live a more beautiful life – and share it with the world
0 Replies

Builder

Reply Fri 16 May, 2014 02:33 am
In fact, I'll go even further, Edgar, to say that posting crap like this is only helping big pharma to further their bullshit campaign with their supposed vaccines.

Have you done any current research on the damage vaccines have been doing to our children? The gardasil vaccine has killed more teenage people than the projected saviour count. It's not like this is rocket science.

I'm sure you've seen some of our old buddy Bill Gates' speeches about innoculation being the cure for overpopulation. *shakes head^

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 16 May, 2014 04:58 am
I have seen the pros and cons on vaccines. I am on the fence with that. Some diseases seem to have a resurgence now that so many are refusing inoculations. As I said before you butted in, it takes sorting out, after such a cancer claim is made. Nobody has been a more harsh critic of big pharma than I.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2014 08:37 pm
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2014 09:27 pm
@Builder,
I don't see many nowadays with Smallpox or Polio......
roger

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2014 09:34 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Apple cider vinegar with honey?
maxdancona

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2014 09:38 pm
@Builder,
Builder,

How old do you believe the Earth is?
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2014 12:17 am
@roger,
roger wrote:

Apple cider vinegar with honey?

Is that how they did it?

I know that smallpox has been totally eradicated, but I haven't read up on polio. I'm pretty sure the countries who give polio vaccination have no problems, but something rings a bell about Africa and somewhere where the idiot fundamentalists are refusing it, causing the disease to spread again.

TB is the same. The UK is seeing a rise due to people coming in (mainly from Pakistan and Bangladesh) who have never been vaccinated and have consequently tested positive here.

Two kids in my class at junior school had polio and there were maybe six or so more in our school. It wasn't unusual to see kids in leg braces.

Vaccination for Polio had just really got underway on a grand scale back then, and I remember being vaccinated via a cube of treated sugar.

Nowadays, kids in my old school wouldn't have heard of Polio, and leg braces are hardly ever seen, if at all.

As far as vaccines are concerned, Edward Jenner's work should be regarded as one of the most important contributions to mankind.
roger

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2014 01:47 am
@Lordyaswas,
Pakistan is one of several countries that still harbors polio.

You can pretty much sort out the generations by mentioning polio. To the youngsters, it's another old disease. To the rest of us, it remains a horror. If you wanted to clean out a movie theater when I started school, all you had to do was send in a kid in a wheel chair or leg brace.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2014 05:01 am
I remember the big fuss when polio vaccine became available. But I took it like a man. Evil or Very Mad A series of three shots, if memory serves me well.
0 Replies