• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,192 • Replies: 14
No top replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sun 11 May, 2014 08:53 am
@gungasnake,
Bad logic. It's unrelated to the question of whether a God exists or not.
gungasnake

Reply Sun 11 May, 2014 12:15 pm
@Brandon9000,
I'm not really claiming that this demonstrates God's existence, just that it shows the ill effects of atheism.
Brandon9000

Reply Sun 11 May, 2014 12:18 pm
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:

I'm not really claiming that this demonstrates God's existence, just that it shows the ill effects of atheism.

More false logic. It shows that in one case a country was both atheistic and poor.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sun 11 May, 2014 12:41 pm
NK doesn't have a long history of poverty. The atheism engendered the poverty...
0 Replies

raprap

Reply Tue 13 May, 2014 01:01 am
I'd say that the lack of religion in North Korea has had little effect worldwide. Now if you want to talk about a real setback of reason---

http://radiofreethinker.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/090330-dark-ages.jpg

Rap
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Tue 13 May, 2014 04:44 am
Not even interested in anything you have to say, ruprup. You can stay on ignore.
raprap

Reply Tue 13 May, 2014 07:34 am
@gungasnake,
Oh GanjaSnaKKKe--I guess you're afraid of facts that refute your implied premise that atheistism is anti-technology/science. I guess your limited memory has led you to forget that the first artificial satellite was launched by a government space program that was officially atheist.

My my my GanjaSnaKKKe you are such a deep thunker---

From now on when I see a GanjaSnaKKKe I'll just think of this
http://granitegrok.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/not-listening.jpg

Rap

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 13 May, 2014 07:43 am
Oh look, another atheist state, as seen from space, at night . . .

http://static5.businessinsider.com/image/5117b29eeab8ea6631000007/china-from-space-at-night-1992-vs-2010.jpg
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 13 May, 2014 07:49 am
Hey Gunga Dim, can you say "selection bias?"
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Tue 13 May, 2014 11:16 pm
Open steppe is one thing, a nation with nuclear weaponry and no lightbulbs is something else...
0 Replies

raprap

Reply Wed 14 May, 2014 12:23 am
I guess GanjaSnaKKKe's thread has demonstrated that atheism doesn't mean a tinkers damn to progress as North Korea's real threat to progress is an authoritarian regime, a condition that also existed when the Catholic Church was providing an authoritarian environment during the dark ages.

Perhaps the US should take authoritarianism as a warning, not atheism nor Catholicism, nor any other -ism as long as it recognizes that repression of individual liberty and individual thought hinders progress and development.

US take warning--we've come to a point where the US is dancing dangerously close to an oligarchy and power concentrated in the hands of the few tends toward authoritarianism.

Rap
0 Replies

rex ruthor

Reply Wed 15 Jul, 2015 05:28 am
@gungasnake,
North Korea is not a society based on science and reason, it is based on ignorance and oppression. Isn't the whole point of that image to show their lack of scientific progress? So in what way is NK "based on science"?
gungasnake

Reply Wed 15 Jul, 2015 12:24 pm
@rex ruthor,
Alley Oop never had atom bombs; you sort of need science for that...
0 Replies

Syamsu

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2015 04:51 pm
@gungasnake,
Atheism is an expression of original sin.

Atheists define choosing as sorting out the best result, using the facts about good and evil as sortingcriteria (eating from the tree of knowledge of good and evil).

That way every single time an atheist makes a decision, then by the definition of choosing that they use, they did the best. The brain releases drugs, their ego get's a boost. Also it means, when they did not do the best, then the definition they use says they did not choose it, so it must have been a mistake or an accident or something, not their fault.

That is the mainstay of how atheists, communists, nazi's and all the rest of them think. It is all just based on original sin, making good and evil into a fact, in stead of attributing the goodness and evil of a man to their soul which chooses. That the existence of the soul is a matter of opinion, faith, makes the good and evil a matter of opinion also.
0 Replies