Robo Shark on the Science Channel

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 01:25 am
Recently our cable company added The Science Channel and several others to our channel lineup. Tonight there was a show on there called Robo Shark. I missed the first half hour of it so I didn't see how it was set up, but basically it's a fiberglass replica of a shark that has a camera in the nose. Supposedly it could swim around and not be noticed by the other sharks. I don't know how real it was, since there was lots of footage of the roboshark swimming with other sharks, indicating there was a diver with a camera there, but the show had some fantastic footage. They showed a "sardine run" I think it was, anyway a school of small fish 19 miles long that attracted seals and sharks and dolphins and sea birds. The sharks and dolphins were hunting in packs. They showed young sea birds taking their first flights and landing in the water, and the sharks coming up and grabbing them. They showed Great White sharks trying to catch seals by charging up from below at 30 miles per hour and shooting up out of the water. And at the end they had a shot from probably 300 feet below the surface, looking up through crystal clear water, and something like 200 hammerhead sharks swimming above.

The TV schedule says it will be shown a few times tomorrow. If you have the Science Channel I would highly recommend watching it.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 753 • Replies: 0
No top replies